ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ticket scene at Fenway Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 12:13 PM
GimmeExile So, how was the ticket scene at Fenway? Were there a lot of extras for sale in the parking lot? Did anyone get good tickets below face value? Any reports of counterfeit tickets being sold?

Please share the info...
August 26th, 2005 04:07 PM
scope I only saw 1 guy trying to sell a ticket, asking who needs a single. Funny thing was there was another guy standing right next to him asking who has an extra.
I guess they couldn't agree on a price.
Keep in mind that Fenway is in the middle of town and there is no parking lot for everyone to hang out in. So, you are out there on the street (closed to traffic of course).
August 26th, 2005 05:45 PM
Dan I heard over on Shidoobee that they arrest scalpers at Fenway. They were definitely there but had to be discreet.
August 26th, 2005 05:54 PM
pdog
quote:
scope wrote:
I only saw 1 guy trying to sell a ticket, asking who needs a single. Funny thing was there was another guy standing right next to him asking who has an extra.
I guess they couldn't agree on a price.
Keep in mind that Fenway is in the middle of town and there is no parking lot for everyone to hang out in. So, you are out there on the street (closed to traffic of course).

That's how the middle men work. They do the buy low sell high thing. It's great for me in SF. I get tickets for baseball games way under face all the time. It's usually some cool brothers (aka: african american males) who make a little money and gobble up people extras and sell them to those in need. They're kinda of the stubhub of the street corner. Except way cooler and no one is getting ripped off... I usually sit behind home plate for half of face value doing this....
August 26th, 2005 06:04 PM
scope I've seen that setup many times here in NY. One, they don't stand shoulder to shoulder as these guys were, and two this 'buyer' had amateur written all over his face.

In fact Pdog, you should know in NY they cut out the middle man altogether. The same guy asks who's selling or who's looking to buy - sort of a 'feel' to it you know
August 26th, 2005 08:15 PM
JesusMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's usually some cool brothers (aka: african american males) who make a little money and gobble up people extras and sell them to those in need. They're kinda of the stubhub of the street corner. Except way cooler and no one is getting ripped off... I usually sit behind home plate for half of face value doing this....

The Brothers here in New York sell you extra to, except the extras they sell arent actually good for getting into the event(if you know what I am talking about) e
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)