ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Observer - "where are the wizened updates ?" Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 06:32 AM
gotdablouse The expected Macca/Stones comparions, like the Macca/Jagger comparisons of early 1993.

Excerpts:

"The Stones' album, their first in nearly a decade, contains very few surprises. The lyrics tend to be set in a roisterish demi-monde in which Mick Jagger is forever waking up next to Uma Thurman/Carla Bruni/delete as appropriate, putting on his trousers and laughing to himself about the animalistic magic of it all. Eventually, Keith decides to stake his own claim to being a bulgy-trousered love pirate. 'Come on, bare your breasts/And make me feel at home,' he mumbles on 'This Place is Empty'. What an old devil, eh?"

"In sticking so rigidly to endlessly repeated riff-rock, the whole thing seems to be based on a fatal mistake. McCartney has opted to revive a pared, understated strand in his oeuvre that allows him to act his age. The Stones have their own equivalent, but where are the wizened updates of 'Angie', 'Wild Horses' or 'No Expectations'? It's some distance from addled disaster - but I rather fear that A Bigger Bang will soon be left for the metaphorical seabirds."

It certainly is a shame that Mick can't think of anything interesting to write about these days, especially on glorious musical tracks like "It Won't be Long", this could have been a new "Brown Sugar" with some half decent lyrics about something other thant his dick ! Mick says he loves the internet, why not write about it, or the global warming, or anything !

Full article here - http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/10bestcds/story/0,12102,1551029,00.html
August 26th, 2005 06:36 AM
egon this does NOT make my day.
August 26th, 2005 11:26 AM
Monkey Woman This sorry excuse for a journalist had no better angle for an album review than compare them with Macca??? Ridiculous. And he manages to write as if he listened to the album with half an ear, while checking his e-mail, ordering pizza and watching the football results on TV. It's not an article, it's a rambling cut-and-paste job.
August 26th, 2005 11:54 AM
The_Worst Ignore this idiot. He wants to hear Mick write about global warming!!!
August 26th, 2005 02:02 PM
gotdablouse For all this guy's faults (unless you're referring to me!) I think everyone here would be happy to see Mick stop writing about his dick ! It's a pity that such a great track like "It won't take long" will be quickly forgotten due to its trite title and lyrics.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)