ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thoughts while rocking to the Stones tonight Return to archive
August 25th, 2005 11:00 PM
Steel Wheels I've got nothing bad to say about the Rolling Stones.

When I'm a little old man I'll be able to tell everyone who will listen that I once rocked out in the same stadium as the Stones, that I was 7th row on Keef's side at the Tower Theater, that I drank booze with Bobby Keys, Bernard, Chuck, and Lisa while Ronnie and Charlie walked past me and I was too fucking nervous to say hello to my heroes.

I'll tell the stories about buying tickets from the mafia, buying tickets from band insiders 4 hours before a sold out gig, camping out for 2 days for Vet Stadium tickets, and running flat out in the car to get to a show on time all while a state trooper was right behind.

Hear me baby, ain't no stranger!

I'll be able to talk about checking out this webpage every two seconds for news, images, and to post crazy rants, getting too drunk while listening to Sticky Fingers and eating nothing but ham and cheese on a roll.

I'll be able to tell tall tales too. Mick did point to me during Heartbreaker at the Vet. Who else did he point to if not me? I once blew up a 400 watt amp while playing the Stones at full tilt, shaking tiles out of the ceiling. Charlie's good tonight, indeed!

How about all the street drag racing? Nothing's sweeter that rolling up to the line, Bitch or some other rude rocker pumping from your sound system, the light turns green and you smoke the tires right down to the god damned rims while running the rap chump next to you. The folks in the old age home are going to have their fill of my stories.

Sweet Jesus, shine a light on me.

But most of all, I'll be able to say how much fun I had while the Rolling Stones were in my life. That's what it all comes down to for me.

Thanks Mick, Charlie, Ronnie, Keef. Thanks, and much love to you all. See ya'll at the Wachovia.

August 25th, 2005 11:08 PM
pdog You're the official Philly greeter.
Great post!
August 25th, 2005 11:24 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I've got nothing bad to say about the Rolling Stones.

When I'm a little old man I'll be able to tell everyone who will listen that I once rocked out in the same stadium as the Stones, that I was 7th row on Keef's side at the Tower Theater, that I drank booze with Bobby Keys, Bernard, Chuck, and Lisa while Ronnie and Charlie walked past me and I was too fucking nervous to say hello to my heroes.

I'll tell the stories about buying tickets from the mafia, buying tickets from band insiders 4 hours before a sold out gig, camping out for 2 days for Vet Stadium tickets, and running flat out in the car to get to a show on time all while a state trooper was right behind.

Hear me baby, ain't no stranger!

I'll be able to talk about checking out this webpage every two seconds for news, images, and to post crazy rants, getting too drunk while listening to Sticky Fingers and eating nothing but ham and cheese on a roll.

I'll be able to tell tall tales too. Mick did point to me during Heartbreaker at the Vet. Who else did he point to if not me? I once blew up a 400 watt amp while playing the Stones at full tilt, shaking tiles out of the ceiling. Charlie's good tonight, indeed!

How about all the street drag racing? Nothing's sweeter that rolling up to the line, Bitch or some other rude rocker pumping from your sound system, the light turns green and you smoke the tires right down to the god damned rims while running the rap chump next to you. The folks in the old age home are going to have their fill of my stories.

Sweet Jesus, shine a light on me.

But most of all, I'll be able to say how much fun I had while the Rolling Stones were in my life. That's what it all comes down to for me.

Thanks Mick, Charlie, Ronnie, Keef. Thanks, and much love to you all. See ya'll at the Wachovia.

Damn son your brought a tear to my eye, bless you in a secular manner....
August 26th, 2005 01:17 AM
Child of the Moon Best post of the month! Congrats, Steel Wheels!
August 26th, 2005 01:25 AM
T&A
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Damn son your brought a tear to my eye,

Pussy!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)