ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Bigger Bang, voodoopug and jb greet! Return to archive
August 25th, 2005 02:32 PM
voodoopug Hello my fine friends, very nice to see many of you in Boston.

I feel I must share the story with you.

After my wife and I arrived in Mass, after 11 hours of traveling (thanks again Northwest Air for not resolving your labor dispute!), we headed towards our hotel, sans luggage (thanks again NOrthwest Air!!!) when my cell phone rang....with an area code that I know is from Boca Raton, FL.....it seems the impossible was going to happen.

We were able to arrange all of the last minute security details. Much like a stones secret gig, we had to get jb into Boston with less than 24 hours notice to the public....we were successfull, very few of us knew (Joey was the mastermind!).

jb had informed us that we all had dinner reservations at the Bristol Room at the Four Seasons. I had a black dress shirt (custom made to fit a big/tall man), extra long tie, pressed B and L slacks, and polished black shoes on, while my wife was dressed stunningly in her beautiful maternity wear. (thanks to no rain, a fetus protector was not needed). We valet parked our BLack SUV (tinted windows) at the Four Seasons and rushed past those fans who would find themselves on the outside looking in while we worked the room. The Four Seasons did not want loitering to occur near their doors.

Before we took our table, jb's law partner met us at the bar and recommended a nice scotch for myself (he is very talented in choosing scotch) and a decafinated beverage for my wife. jb hit the room, we greeted (firm handshake and shoulder pat)and headed for our table. We were joined by Lady Jane and countless others who had stopped by to receive their greeting, by this time, word was out that the Pug and jb were working the room. We ordered our dinner, I had the Filet with Asparagus, baby red potatoes, and artichoke hearts, jb had the same, and my wife had a seafood pasta dish. I must say that the Filet could not hold a candle to MOrtons or Gibsons in Chicago, but it was very good.

As we were finishing our meal, Blondie Chaplin made his way to our table and jb and I greeted him with a firm handshake and a warm smile. A couple of drinks later we headed back to our hotel to get some rest after a long day of travel to prepare for the Pour House.

Many thanks to jb for his hospitality and for dinner, we hope to repay the courtesy if security arrangements can be worked out and we can greet again this tour!

below is a picture of us with Carlthelobsterman from SHidoobee:

for the record though, our seats were closer to the stage than jbs!

all that was missing was our baby joey!
August 25th, 2005 02:35 PM
Joey " ... all that was missing was our baby joey! "

Here I IS !!!!!!!!!!!

Bless You My Puggy !!!!!

You SHALL be greeted this winter :

www.OmahaMeca.com

Baby Joe !

August 25th, 2005 02:39 PM
gypsy jb is a big/tall man with the pluses and minuses that go with that.
August 25th, 2005 02:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:
jb is a big/tall man with the pluses and minuses that go with that.

as am I
August 25th, 2005 02:42 PM
gypsy What's up with jb's bandana? I suspect it was to tame the Jew-fro. Was it humid? Or are bandanas back in style?
August 25th, 2005 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

finally someone understands!
August 25th, 2005 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

finally someone understands!

August 25th, 2005 02:48 PM
Scottfree
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What's up with jb's bandana? I suspect it was to tame the Jew-fro. Was it humid? Or are bandanas back in style?

He's adpating to that Keefness style, since he like Keith is losing his follicles....
August 25th, 2005 02:49 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Or are bandanas back in style?

[shocked]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!![/shocked]

They're not.

Are they??
August 25th, 2005 02:50 PM
gypsy

nanky is a big man, no?
August 25th, 2005 02:51 PM
nankerphelge From the waist down...
August 25th, 2005 02:53 PM
Joey [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
From the waist down..."

[ Edited by Rick Salomon ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 25th, 2005 03:49 PM
pdog Gypsy, I hope to greet you one day!
August 25th, 2005 04:07 PM
sammy davis jr. I see man-teats.....the horrahhh!
August 25th, 2005 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I see man-teats.....the horrahhh!

the plusses and minuses of big/tall men
August 25th, 2005 04:17 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the plusses and minuses of big/tall men

I lost 20 lbs. I wasn't even trying ... The older I get the longer things hurt and the harder it is to say no to that second slice of pie!
Voodoo, you carry your weight well, and you don't make any bones about it. For that you have my respect.
As a kid I was extremely skinny. I was 6 foot at 13 and barely breaking the 100 lb mark. I got razzed and felt ashamed. I was awkward around girls and hated taking my shirt of to go swimming in the summer. It took me years to become comfortable with it. Self confidence in our body, no matter how we look, is a really big deal. It's I ronic that now I'm want to lose weight that 25 years ago, I wanted to put on...
August 25th, 2005 04:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I lost 20 lbs. I wasn't even trying ... The older I get the longer things hurt and the harder it is to say no to that second slice of pie!
Voodoo, you carry your weight well, and you don't make any bones about it. For that you have my respect.
As a kid I was extremely skinny. I was 6 foot at 13 and barely breaking the 100 lb mark. I got razzed and felt ashamed. I was awkward around girls and hated taking my shirt of to go swimming in the summer. It took me years to become comfortable with it. Self confidence in our body, no matter how we look, is a really big deal. It's I ronic that now I'm want to lose weight that 25 years ago, I wanted to put on...

I was only given one body to work with, and it is my job to get the most out of it! Many dont realize that "skinny as a rail" folks have the same problems that big/tall men do...(think the national uproar over the Olsen twins weight loss)
August 25th, 2005 04:30 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was only given one body to work with, and it is my job to get the most out of it! Many dont realize that "skinny as a rail" folks have the same problems that big/tall men do...(think the national uproar over the Olsen twins weight loss)

I've been on both sides of this fence in this lifetime.
CRAZY!
August 25th, 2005 04:56 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

IAs a kid I was extremely skinny. I was 6 foot at 13 and barely breaking the 100 lb mark. I got razzed and felt ashamed. I was awkward around girls and hated taking my shirt of to go swimming in the summer. It took me years to become comfortable with it. Self confidence in our body, no matter how we look, is a really big deal. It's I ronic that now I'm want to lose weight that 25 years ago, I wanted to put on...

Tell me about it .......................................

As a kid I too was Extremely skinny , but as soon as I took me first Lil' Baby Steps in the rice paddies of the Mekong Delta ( circa August , 1967 ) , I began to realize that being quite thin was an advantage in the torrid heat and humidity that was the jungles of " THE NAM " .

You see Poi Dog , my favorite phrase in life is " How Many Days you short , Man " and I ain't talking about jonesin' or any serious ' twitching ' ....................no my California living pal , " Fifty Days and The Wake Up -- Pause for the Cause -- and then I'm a GONE MUTHERFU##A " was your young Joeykins' manta during those endless days of " humpin' " all night in the bush whilst the rain be pissing on ya's throughout the wee hours of the morning when you got nothing to look forward to but the day when ........................................................................ *********** END TRANSMISSION *************

August 25th, 2005 05:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Many dont realize that "skinny as a rail" folks have the same problems that big/tall men do...(think the national uproar over the Olsen twins weight loss)

YES!! Thank You Pug. Finally someone who acknowledges that skinny people can have problems too. I am skinny. But I'm also tall (which gives the perception of being even skinnier). And I have big feet . Try to find nice clothes and shoes that fit me. Not gonna happen. Jeans are always too short, tops are always too wide, women shoes are too small.

And not to mention all the remarks I get about how skinny I am, do I eat enough, blahblahblah! And I do eat enough, I eat heaps of fatty, sweet, unhealthy food like the next gal. Mind your own business you annoying 'eat some more, go ahead' people! .

Glad to get that off my chest.

**Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family-sized bag of potatoe chips to finish (BBQ flavour).

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 25th, 2005 05:44 PM
sammy davis jr. Actually I was referring to the vain one- JB.....He's beginning to look like Robbie Kneivel.
August 25th, 2005 07:59 PM
Gazza >(Joey was the mastermind!).

theres a sentence you dont hear every day!!
August 25th, 2005 08:43 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We ordered our dinner, I had the Filet with Asparagus, baby red potatoes, and artichoke hearts, jb had the same, and my wife had a seafood pasta dish. I must say that the Filet could not hold a candle to MOrtons or Gibsons in Chicago, but it was very good.

You tell 'em, Pug!
No one can hold a candle to "the beef" in Chicago, lmao

...great story.
I'm glad you two finally met.
August 25th, 2005 11:50 PM
telecaster Good lord, jb looks like Ron Jeremy in that photo

Glad you two finally got to greet
[Edited by telecaster]
August 26th, 2005 12:17 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

YES!! Thank You Pug. Finally someone who acknowledges that skinny people can have problems too. I am skinny. But I'm also tall (which gives the perception of being even skinnier). And I have big feet . Try to find nice clothes and shoes that fit me. Not gonna happen. Jeans are always too short, tops are always too wide, women shoes are too small.

And not to mention all the remarks I get about how skinny I am, do I eat enough, blahblahblah! And I do eat enough, I eat heaps of fatty, sweet, unhealthy food like the next gal. Mind your own business you annoying 'eat some more, go ahead' people! .

Glad to get that off my chest.

**Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family-sized bag of potatoe chips to finish (BBQ flavour).

I understand you. I'm too tall for the media of my country. 1.97 cms.
People look at me in an awesome way! With a kind of "Oh my God!" face.
To fly in a regular seat is a problem to me too! And some Levi's, and the hotel rooms beds, etc, etc.
I think that the little secret is learn to live with ourselves.

Thank you for my therapy session
August 26th, 2005 01:09 AM
gypsy
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Good lord, jb looks like Ron Jeremy in that photo

Glad you two finally got to greet
[Edited by Maxlugar's bitch]

Whatever. He looks handsome. Ron Jeremy is short, hairy, and not attractive. JB is tall, dark, and handsome. I think you're jealous - THAT is unattractive.
If JB were single, I would be in Boca in a second.
August 26th, 2005 09:23 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>(Joey was the mastermind!).

theres a sentence you dont hear every day!!

You SHALL be greeted tonight at THE BRAZEN HEAD !!!!

|
|
|
V
August 26th, 2005 09:47 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Whatever. He looks handsome. Ron Jeremy is short, hairy, and not attractive. JB is tall, dark, and handsome. I think you're jealous - THAT is unattractive.
If JB were single, I would be in Boca in a second.

Relax. I said in THAT photo

I realize jb is a handsome, dashing, strikingly good looking, rich, powerful, confident, masculine, self-made Jewish power attorney

[Edited by telecaster]
August 26th, 2005 09:50 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb is a handsome, dashing, strikingly good looking, rich, powerful, confident, masculine, self-made Jewish power attorney

August 26th, 2005 07:48 PM
sammy davis jr. You forgot neurotic....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)