ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Interview "Like The Rolling Stones" Return to archive
August 24th, 2005 01:31 PM
Hannalee The BBC has a two-hour interview by Paul Sexton coming up: Like The Rolling Stones, recorded in Toronto. It's on Radio 2 in two parts, this coming Saturday and Monday (27/8 21.30-22.30 and 29/8 19.00-20.00) There's an accompanying blurb in the Radio Times which I would copy out except that I've left it at work.

Available on line for seven days after the broadcast.
August 24th, 2005 01:42 PM
Gazza I know that the Saturday broadcast includes interviews with fans about the band as some friends of mine were interviewed for it..didnt realise the Stones were interviewed as well..thanks
August 24th, 2005 02:54 PM
Private Godfrey http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/walker/

On Thursday between 5pm and 7pm UK time the producer of this documentary will be interviewed by the stand-in disc jockey for Johnnie Walker.

If you miss it you can listen again by using the link on the same page.
August 25th, 2005 01:46 PM
Hannalee The Stones are rolling out their best music in years. Paul Sexton, who presents a Radio 2 special, finds out how they keep the chemistry alive.

I'm in Mick Jagger's dressing room in a Toronto school which the Rolling Stones have commandeered as a rehearsal space. I'm preparing to discuss the new Stones album and tour when suddenly Jagger brandishes a small tape recorder. Looks like Jagger, 62, ever cautious of media representation, is going to tape our conversation. Pity, I think, as we've met several times before. Instead he walks over to sit at the keyboard that's next to his coach. "Hang on a minute", he says, "Just got to put this snippet down." He then plays a bit of beautiful electric piano. "Don't want to lose these things, you never know", he says, explaining that he'd thought of the chord changes 30 seconds earlier. "You think you'll remember it, but you don't."
Such are the insightful treats of a journey to the centre of the Stones. Half a dozen times in the past decade I've had fascinating close-ups with each of the band members. The scene I've just described is the sort I've watched many times, but it's the type that doesn't make the tabloids.
They may be multi-millionaires, but the Stones are more committed to their jobs than bands a third of their age. Tour rehearsals, for instance, run fron 5pm to 1am with a dinner break, six days a week for six weeks.
"I don't know why the Stones are still popular," says Jagger. Casually stylish in light-blue shirt and blue trousers, he's legendarily lined but lucks nowhere near his age, "You could say we're just lucky, or we get respect the longer we've been around. Or ther's a work ethic in there. Maybe it's a combination of all those things."
A Bigger Bang is the Stones' first new studio album for eight years. Their best for over 25 years, the enrgy and consistency in these songs is testament to the level of commitment with which they were made.
Initial sessions for the album took place at Jagger's chateau in France, where he and co-writer Richards worked closely together. Things were at a low ebb during the 1980s, but they're back as a creative force. "We've always worked two in a room together," says Jagger, but admits there was more of that approach this time. "I love to write with Keith and to write stuff on my own." Richards adds,"The basic stuff was done in one room. Mick's been very simpatico lately."
Their fellow Stones would join the sessions later, Ronnie Wood adding guitar, while drummer Charlie Watts, 64, had much to prove. He speaks candidly in the Radio 2 special about his successful recovery from cancer, denying he was subconsciously telling the band not to write him off. "I didn't want to show them, I wanted to show myself," he says, "That's about the extent of my ego, really."
In Boston, where the tour opened, some of the crowd sat on a special stage along with the band, showing that the Stones haven't lost contact with their fans. It's still only rock 'n' roll but, more important than the box-office takings, they still like it.
August 25th, 2005 02:38 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
"I didn't want to show them, I wanted to show myself," he says, "That's about the extent of my ego, really."

Dear Charlie! How can one not love this guy?
August 26th, 2005 02:14 PM
Hannalee More info:

The Rolling Stones… in conversation with Paul Sexton, recorded in Toronto, Canada, earlier this month.

Programme One
Paul talks to the band about their place in music in 2005 and the importance of the Rolling Stones brand. He discusses the band on tour and gets the low-down on what goes on behind the scenes and on stage. Paul also assesses the band's relationship with the media over the years and gives the listener a real insight into one of Britain’s legendary rock bands.
Programme Two
Paul focuses on the making of Rolling Stones’ brand new album “A Bigger Bang” , due for release in September and widely thought to be their best studio album for over 20 years.

The programme looks at why the band returned to the studio so quickly after the last tour and focuses on the remarkable songwriting partnership between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

Paul also traces the story of the Stones since their “Forty Licks” Tour back in 2002, in particular looking at factors that have led to changing relationships within the band as well as assessing the bands legacy and future.

The link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music...ingstones.shtml
August 26th, 2005 05:58 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks for the remainder, Hannalee!
August 26th, 2005 07:30 PM
Soldatti Thanks, I will hear it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)