ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Park, Boston August 21, 2005 - Photos Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 23rd, 2005 06:39 AM
luxury1 Yeah--I havent noticed Mick with two earplug things before, just one the last few tours. ANd then he broke out with the head mic on Miss You. He is getting hig-tech I guess. Cant complain. He sounded really good.
Gypsy ,--thanks for posting those pics. I especially loved how he came out with a fedora on.....
August 23rd, 2005 06:52 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Since when has Jagger worn those things in his ears?

Are they stock market reports?

Cricket results?

Updates on which chick the security guys have chosen for him from the crowd?

in the ear monitors are better and easier to hear than on stage monitors
August 23rd, 2005 07:10 AM
Factory Girl Thank you gypsy for the great pix!!

What is the ear monitor for?

Or, is that a hearing device....LOL? I shall need one of those shortly for moi.
August 23rd, 2005 07:11 AM
egon very nicy nicy
August 23rd, 2005 01:30 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
What is the ear monitor for?

It's virtually impossible for Mick to hear himself sing without an ear monitor because of the loud instruments. With one, he can hear himself, so he knows if he's singing out-of-tune, too fast/too slow etc.
August 23rd, 2005 01:51 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
very nicy nicy

Egon, great pic!! I ll send you mine as soon as I find the postman wearing it...proudly I hope.

oh, and Thanks a lot Gypsy, amazing pics!!
they all seems ...concerned

cheers

ju
August 23rd, 2005 02:50 PM
Factory Girl Thanks, Angie.
August 24th, 2005 06:40 PM
gypsy All photos courtesy of Brian Snyder/Reuters:

[Edited by gypsy]
August 24th, 2005 09:54 PM
HellsRollingThunder What are those things in Mick's ears? Are they hearing aids?
Surely not. Does anyone know?
August 24th, 2005 10:44 PM
Lazy Bones Outstanding, Gypsy. Thanks so much for posting those!
August 24th, 2005 11:21 PM
mac_daddy yeah gypsy - those pics are great! gonna check 'em out as i listen to the recording in a few minutes
August 25th, 2005 03:51 PM
gypsy You're welcome. I'm surprised there aren't anymore from the photo agencies I've got. They don't even have Tuesday night's show. It's a good thing there are fans like Throbby who are taking such great photos at the shows and posting them.
August 25th, 2005 03:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
What are those things in Mick's ears? Are they hearing aids?
Surely not. Does anyone know?

Has bee discussed in several other threads. They are in-ear monitors, so he can hear himself properly amidst all the noise, so he knows when he's singing out-of-key, too fast/slow, or too loud. He can adjust volume etc with the little package on his back. The onstage monitors for the band members don't give him enough volume and clarity to check his singing. Well, that's the non-technical sort-of explanation...
August 26th, 2005 01:15 AM
gypsy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Has bee discussed in several other threads. They are in-ear monitors, so he can hear himself properly amidst all the noise, so he knows when he's singing out-of-key, too fast/slow, or too loud. He can adjust volume etc with the little package on his back. The onstage monitors for the band members don't give him enough volume and clarity to check his singing. Well, that's the non-technical sort-of explanation...

HellsRollingThunder should know - she's about the same age as the Stones - except for maybe Ronnie. She also posts as GhostofBrianJones. Total fruitcake.
[Edited by gypsy]
August 26th, 2005 01:20 AM
Bloozehound nice pics gypsy

makes me feel like I was there...

micks all pimp daddy
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)