ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland - June 4, 1999
Tony Haresign with thanks to IORR

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Have you noticed this? Return to archive
08-23-02 10:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check the new tongue logo, the number "40" is very clear in the tongue?

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-23-02 10:07 AM
parmeda Well I would have never....

Thanks for pointing that out. Very appropriate, don't you think?
08-23-02 10:26 AM
nankerphelge Oh that's great! I hope they have that in T-shirt form!!
08-23-02 10:27 AM
gypsymofo60 .......OK!........Now ! Who really killed Kennedy?......good spot though Voodoo!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-23-02 10:32 AM
Jumacfly Whou, you re the Lynx Eye of this board Sir!!...never noticed that..but it s true (saw it after 20 minutes checking the tongue!!)

Cheers
08-23-02 10:34 AM
jb No, my anal retentive secretary obviously deleted it in error...sorry..can I send you something different next week and have you provide me with location..thanks....jb...
08-23-02 10:34 AM
peterdv yep, cool took my 5 mins to find it...
did not notice it either ...

must by great on a t-shirt indeed :-)

Peter
08-23-02 10:42 AM
stonedinaustralia voodoochile

excellent - tiene mucho el ojo

did you catch it at a glance or did you deconstruct the image?

cool

08-23-02 11:05 AM
rogerriffin eres la NETA! Gerardo, se nota que eres Mexicano.

spanish-mexican.
08-23-02 11:53 AM
Boomhauer Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee, MIERDA! Quien escuchando la "Don't Stop"? Es bueno, no?

Vientiocho de Augusto estuviera en la radio de rock.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!
08-23-02 11:57 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Oh that's great! I hope they have that in T-shirt form!!

Yeah, what are the odds on that?

Like, 115%?

It is a nice graphic, and well spotted, Voodoo.
08-23-02 11:59 AM
Nellcote Brilliant Observation!

11 days to go!
08-23-02 12:05 PM
Martha

I can see why you handle all the images posted here VD..you got the eyes alright..I didn't see the 40 in the tongue and appreciate you opening my eyes to it!

T-shirt...oh yeah...I'm saving for two!
08-23-02 12:06 PM
jb Nellie is in the house!!!Keep it real...Pump up the jam...hip hop till ya can't stop, watch out for ya mind!!! Get em at the MTV show Nellie..you and Bruuuce are da bomb!!!
08-23-02 12:18 PM
Nellcote WTF?

Who is Nelly?

08-23-02 12:24 PM
Lacride BRAVISSIMO GERALDO!! I've noticed a little change in the logo, but sure not that 40. Great!
08-23-02 01:09 PM
Scot Rocks Well spotted, Gerardo I had no idea!!!!!!

Mark

08-23-02 05:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I'll be a big dick...never stopped me before...the "40" on the tongue was one of the 1st things I noticed when I saw the cover last week. I thought it was really obvious. The Stones always do stuff with the tongue part...make it a flag, make it prickly, put a needle thru it, etc....I always look at that part first.

Not to take anything away from the G-man..it's good that he posted about it...I should have, but I thought everyone already knew about it already.

PS. "Don't Stop" will do much better than any of the Goddess singles.
08-23-02 08:08 PM
Soul Survivor i can't find the 40 on it........where is it
08-23-02 08:22 PM
swapwoodfortaylor T shirts...yes please. Lets hope that they do true adult sizes this time instead of the XL that turns into M after washing out the first load of beer.
08-23-02 08:45 PM
CousinCocaine OK, - the 40 in the tongue is nice (didn't see it before), but to me the cover still sucks!
Where are those great covers from way back ?!?
It's more of a fast-sell cover for the supermarkets.

(and I still miss "We love you" and "2000 Light Years"
so much . . )
CC
08-24-02 04:42 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Hey Cousin Coke you are spot on. "Supermarket" sums it up! Might be nice to see a Stones album hang around the charts (these days) for more than a couple of weeks! A bland cover on the 40 licks......so its now over to the bootleggers to come up with clever designs for the 2002 concert CDs! Is the "40 licks" going to be 100% CD and SACD remastered like the reissue CDs?
08-24-02 04:48 AM
Moonisup Well I see it just now!!!!

nice spotting
08-24-02 07:37 AM
luxury1 Well I am embarrassed I had to hunt for it--but it is so cool. Thanks for opening my eyes--Voodoo (and SS, you sharp tack you).
08-25-02 10:57 AM
Soul Survivor i cant find it
08-25-02 11:07 AM
parmeda
quote:
i cant find it

Soul,

Look very carefully at the two white sections in the tongue. Then, look at the color that is outling the white...the one on the left is a "4", the one on the right is a "0".

Can you see it now?
08-25-02 11:13 AM
Soul Survivor now i see it!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road