ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where the Stones are more popular? Return to archive
August 24th, 2005 03:04 PM
Jair In America, much likely, not sure however, because many European countries are too fussy, like Italy, Spain, Portugal, where - I believe - their sells are not good.

In Brasil, on the contrary most of the people think, they also don't sales well. It's much, much less than any pop Brazilian group. For example, there's one named "Kid Abelha", wich sells are about 500 thousand/one million copies every record. Stones are about 20 thousand, tops. And we are 180 millions!!!

Here in the neighborhood we have the Argentineans, absolutely crazy about them.
Well, that also don't counts, because they have the biggest number "per capita" of shrinks in the world...

So, being Stones more popular in US, that means Americans have better taste than Europeans, after all? (A-Ah!!!)
And, if so, why are we bashing them so hardly all the time?

August 24th, 2005 03:15 PM
Angiegirl Every country has their Stones fans. Argentina has the famously T-shirt-waving out-of-their-minds enthusiastic fans, which is soooo cool. Southern European countries tend to sell less quickly than Northern European countries. However, this habit was broken last tour, when Spain sold explosively and the atmosphere at the shows was incredible, while Germany (maybe got too many shows??) sold with difficulty, they needed AC/DC to get things going, and Germany/Holland/Scandinavia/France are ususally famous for fast-selling tickets. But in itself, the fact how many tickets are sold and how fast, doesn't say too much about the amount of fans in a country.

I know in my country, Holland, we usually get quite a lot of shows when compared to the amount of people who live here (16 million!!), and they tend to sell in no time. I expect no different next year, depending on the prices they're gonna charge, but still.
August 24th, 2005 03:19 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jair wrote:
So, being Stones more popular in US, that means Americans have better taste than Europeans, after all? (A-Ah!!!)
And, if so, why are we bashing them so hardly all the time?

Ok, this last part is bollocks, I won't dignify it with an in-depth answer .
One thing has nothing to do with the other.
August 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
nankerphelge That's right, our better taste has nothing to do with the Stones.

Just kidding -- I'm sure some of you Europeans taste mighty fine!!

August 24th, 2005 03:21 PM
Angiegirl LOL!!

I, for one, taste soooooo good.
August 24th, 2005 03:29 PM
Jair Very cool avatar, Angiegirl. Is it a Repligator effect?
August 24th, 2005 03:35 PM
Angiegirl A what effect? I dunno, I nicked it from RS.com, then cropped and resized it to 100x100 pixels...
August 24th, 2005 03:38 PM
Jair Oh, forget it, I thought you was applied a "filter" from Repligator software...
August 24th, 2005 03:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
LOL!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 24th, 2005 03:40 PM
no night together sorry to enter the board with such a sloppy post: in italy the only words you receive when you name stones are: drugs, blood change and similar. most of the times followed by a loud and silly laugh.
of course there are heaps of ecceptions, but most of self called rock fans can't name three albums in a row. tested.
August 24th, 2005 03:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Just so you know.
August 24th, 2005 03:48 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
no night together wrote:
sorry to enter the board with such a sloppy post: in italy the only words you receive when you name stones are: drugs, blood change and similar. most of the times followed by a loud and silly laugh.
of course there are heaps of ecceptions, but most of self called rock fans can't name three albums in a row. tested.

Welcome to RO!

Yes, I know that about Italy. I remember they had difficulty selling out 1 show in Milan in '98, which got cancelled when Mick's voice caved in. The Dutch are maybe a bit more focused on classic rock acts, but I think most couldn't name more than 2 hits or albums either. But for some reason, stadiums sell out quickly. It's a bit of a 'Wow, I know that name, The Stones, let's go see them, after all one has to have been there at least once to be able to tell at work and birthday parties' kind of thing.
August 24th, 2005 05:31 PM
egon the stones are very popular in my house.
August 24th, 2005 05:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Egon I'm howlin' out loud! That comment followed by your secondary avatar is hilarious
August 24th, 2005 05:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
LOL!!

Come to Joey ..............................
August 24th, 2005 07:26 PM
Soldatti Germany is a top country for the Stones.
August 24th, 2005 07:49 PM
The Wick Never been there, but from what my Argentinian friends have told me, they are huge in Argentina and sound like they are the biggest there in terms of current popularity.
August 24th, 2005 08:54 PM
tumbling dice
I saw them in Germany a huge and quiet audience..but the Germans bought a lot of tickets . In Brazil the stones are radio friendly .songs like Anybody seem my baby ,Miss you , start me up,sympathy and even she´s so cold are regular played on the radio . The problem is short money ! Bad economy.. The only gold disc here is to my surprise Dirty Work because the economy in 86 was very good.
August 25th, 2005 05:41 AM
no night together soldatti you're right, i remember german fans chanting the hole song and not just mumble the refrain. in fairness to italy i have to say that the linguistic barrier towards english can be a factor. most of stones affictionados here (by the way, the ones are real ones) read the lyrics with a dictionary on the knees, and sometime get lost in the metaphores.
angiegirl what you say about holland is quite interesting.

anedoct: i work in a sport tv, used little t&a for a promo, and a lot of youngster wrote to have title and info of the song. most of them kinda sayin 'nice grungy rocker, is that a new band'?
August 25th, 2005 06:50 AM
egon
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I remember they had difficulty selling out 1 show in Milan in '98, which got cancelled when Mick's voice caved in.

during the BTB tour the had difficulty selling out the 2nd show at Marseille.
And that one got cancelled cos keef hurt his hand.

Do you think any members of the band will have
"health" problems this tour?
August 25th, 2005 03:02 PM
gustavobala tumbling dice is correct...in 86 the brazilian economy does a boom in discography sales!

then stones goes so good to sales Dirty Work!

the most crazy fans: argentina, no doubts! every small girls and boys are a SO HUGE STONES FANS!
August 25th, 2005 03:11 PM
Jair Yes, i remember I heard that crap alot, smoking alot of grass to make it easy
Well, at least were Stones new songs. Nowadays i can't stand it. No grass enough in the world...

August 25th, 2005 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Germany is a top country for the Stones.

Yes , the Rolling Stones played over ninety - five gigs in Germany during 2003 ALONE !!!!!

August 25th, 2005 03:58 PM
Angiegirl Lol, something like that.
August 25th, 2005 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Lol, something like that.

Hello Angiegirl ...........

How's the " Sensi Smile " cafe in Amsterdam ?
August 25th, 2005 05:28 PM
Angiegirl Fine I guess. Haven't been there lately, I already have enough seeds for Stones Europe 2006
August 25th, 2005 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Fine I guess. Haven't been there lately, I already have enough seeds for Stones Europe 2006

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)