ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let Me Down Slow at Yahoo! Return to archive
August 24th, 2005 11:18 AM
Mel Belli Tip of the hat to Bombay Troubadour over at Shidoobee:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm391.showMessage?topicID=280.topic
August 24th, 2005 11:38 AM
Some Guy Thats a good song. First time I heard the whole the thing sounding good! The tour/album is a smash!
August 24th, 2005 01:44 PM
stonesmik I use MPlayer on Linux. This is how to download "Let me down slow":

$ mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile "Let me down slow.asf" "mms://wmcontent100.bcst.yahoo.com/b02r01/009/audioondemand/6/17673872.wma?StreamID=17673872&ht=30&pl_auth=e285b020467c291ec33e1d91c5f0179a&b=fo15b0d1gp6qs430ca82e&ru=wwwRUPERIODameriquestmortgageRUPERIODcom"

This will dump the ASF-audio stream into the file "Let me down slow.asf" (04:15 - 1056432 bytes) in the current directory... enjoy the penguin!
August 24th, 2005 02:27 PM
The Wick What a fucking solid track. That beats the shit out of anything on Bridges. It'll be a crying shame if they don't pull that one out for one of the shows. Charlie Watts is too good to be real. Also, the slide guitar on that track is the best I have heard in years and some of the most subtle. It's nice to see Richards and Wood weaving again.
August 24th, 2005 02:49 PM
Angiegirl Although it does sound miles better and Stones-ier than the low-fi file I have, I still don't dig this tune. Won't be a favourite of mine I expect.
August 24th, 2005 02:53 PM
Some Guy I will not skip this song while listening to the new cd.
August 24th, 2005 03:00 PM
nankerphelge It's OK -- I hate whiny Mick

"oh baby let me down real slow, I am only a rock god and could have any woman in seconds, but somehow I will be crushed if you dump me.."

Please.
August 24th, 2005 03:03 PM
Private Godfrey It's as good as Dead Flowers... This album seems to be getting better and better, i spoke to a record shop today and they are expecting to sell truck loads, ok, over 10 !
August 24th, 2005 03:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's OK -- I hate whiny Mick

"oh baby let me down real slow, I am only a rock god and could have any woman in seconds, but somehow I will be crushed if you dump me.."

Please.

He has feelings too you know!

I think.
August 24th, 2005 03:09 PM
nankerphelge I'm sure he does.

Still awfully whiny for our hero!
August 24th, 2005 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

He has feelings too you know!

I think.

Nanky has a mean streak ( ...... I think )

Friskee !
August 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
Angiegirl LOL
August 24th, 2005 04:23 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Whoa, this is going to be a REALLY good album, with an amazingly diverse set of songs. It's rich; it will last a long time; it's excellent for their credibility.

And so is the fact that Mick would write honest songs and not always pose as emotionally invincible. No one really believed that character was real, did they?
August 24th, 2005 07:15 PM
Soldatti The whole album is being leaked, I want a surprise in 10 days.
August 24th, 2005 07:16 PM
gotdablouse Wow that's a good one, a faster and better produced "Too Far Gone" from GITW ;-) The "Out of Time" affiliation is less obvious in the full MidFi version.
August 24th, 2005 08:33 PM
tumbling dice
I love It! Let me down real slow, a Dead flowers of the new century,elctric country. Another strong track!
August 24th, 2005 08:37 PM
The Wick I love the song, but I don't get the continued reference to Dead Flowers. It sounds nothing like it.
August 24th, 2005 08:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I'm sure he does.

Still awfully whiny for our hero!

NICE new tag line pic, Nanky.

I'm thinking group photo in our RO tees in front of Chess.

It'll be classic!!!

LJ.
August 24th, 2005 09:20 PM
HeyNegrita I like the guitars at the end. I think they should of extended the track before the fadeout. But then I think the same thing about rocks off with MT's little solo at the end.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)