ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why these boring setlists? Return to archive
August 24th, 2005 08:33 AM
blackandblue Has someone a clue? (although it's imo a good thing they play 4 songs of the new album)
August 24th, 2005 08:35 AM
Jumping Jack Why these boring posts?
August 24th, 2005 08:37 AM
beer i dunno, but i hope they're just warming up /fiximg the flaws etc......

-
August 24th, 2005 08:45 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Why these boring posts?

Because the setlists are boring.
August 24th, 2005 08:48 AM
Some Guy I'm bored.
August 24th, 2005 09:16 AM
Jumacfly how boring!
August 24th, 2005 09:20 AM
cooper I hate to say but that is why I am sitting this tour (05) out so far. good god fourty flick on the big screan is better than the set list so far. I have the advance copy of the CD and I think its great but to the masses playing new songs is a waste. to a casual fan they dont care and wont buy the new CD....so why not go deep and play mother's little helper and or far away eyes or something in the place of 5 new songs?? The B2B tune and Voodoo tune is cool, hell Saint of me would be great! well i am sure when the dust settles i will have gone to 2-3 shows. But what will get me there is more than the GH Tour.
August 24th, 2005 09:30 AM
Lazy Bones Cooper, is that Mick, Keith and Ronnie in your avatar?

Wouldn't mind seeing a larger rendition. I take it you're one of the lucky ones in the crowd...?
August 24th, 2005 09:49 AM
gimmekeef Guess the band cant win...They play with guitars blaring , great staging, wonderful new tunes sprinkled in, fabulous Ray Charles cover, Ronnie appears to be on, Chuck low in the mix.....and complaints abound....I know we would like some rarities but if they keep to this list and really polish it then by mid tour its gonna smoke...Im looking forward to it in Toronto and Atlanta. Lets reserve judgement as well until the first arena show.Maybe thats when the surprises will surface...
August 24th, 2005 09:53 AM
Jumping Jack Let's face it, some wankers just like to bitch.
August 24th, 2005 09:59 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Let's face it, some wankers just like to bitch.

August 24th, 2005 10:01 AM
Monkeytonk-man Man, I must be the only dude who reads these boards who reckons the setlist ain't half bad.

Way I see it the set is split pretty much 50/50. half is old warhorses to keep the more casual fan happy, while the other half of the set is made of of brand new tracks, recent songs, covers and more obscure tracks.

If this is an indicator of how the tour is gonna prgress them I'm happy, I'm planning on travelling round Europe when they get over here and seeing them in as many different countries as possible and I'm psyched for this tour, more so than i was for Briges or Licks.

Maybe it's just me, could be I'm easily pleased
August 24th, 2005 10:03 AM
nankerphelge I think the problem is that after Licks, we know what they are capable of with respect to mixing up the setlists. Granted, club shows aside, the stadium and arena setlists were still 80% overlapping -- but they mixed the order, the added some here and dropped some there and at the end, you got the feeling that you got something new for your hard-earned cash.

After the opener this week, I kept asking myself why I felt dissapointed.

They did play great -- certainly better than the last opener.

The sound is great -- my biggest bitch of last time was that I couldn't hear them -- especially on the B-stage -- and I don't mean someone was turned down in the mix -- I mean you could not hear them last time -- that problem is WELL taken care of. The sound is remarkably crisp!

The stage and production and everything is top-notch.

So why did I feel let down?

Because with everything else being so good, why did they play it safe?

According to Toronto reports, they rehearsed something like 8 million songs from the catalog. Yet 90% of the setlist was songs that Keith could play in his sleep!

In the end, for the first time EVER, I felt like "seen this before"

Start Me Up as the opener ('89 and '02 club gigs)

You Got Me Rocking at the #2 position -- while I like this song, it was there in '94, '97, and '02 -- there is an entire album around YGMR called Voodoo Lounge -- it was good -- try a few other songs off it.

Even the way they opened the show reminded me of the B2B tour.

Where is the Bigger Bang?
I hate to think that maybe it is in my ass!!!
August 24th, 2005 10:03 AM
egon
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
could be I'm easily pleased

u should speak with joey
August 24th, 2005 10:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Let's face it, some wankers just like to bitch.

Quit yer bitchin'.
August 24th, 2005 10:14 AM
Jumping Jack I wish there were an Internet in 1973 so on October 17 I could bitch that the only difference between the first and second Brussels shows was Heartbreaker, just like Boston 2005.
August 24th, 2005 10:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I wish there were an Internet in 1973 so on October 17 I could bitch that the only difference between the first and second Brussels shows was Heartbreaker, just like Boston 2005.

Same in Autralia....
August 24th, 2005 10:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I wish there were an Internet in 1973 so on October 17 I could bitch that the only difference between the first and second Brussels shows was Heartbreaker, just like Boston 2005.

Good point.
August 24th, 2005 10:49 AM
Lil Brian I had a guy tell me recently that he went to a club show, maybe Boston?, where The Stones showed up late and played a bunch of songs he'd never heard before. He rutted...
August 24th, 2005 11:57 AM
mmdog
quote:
cooper wrote:
I hate to say but that is why I am sitting this tour (05) out so far. good god fourty flick on the big screan is better than the set list so far. I have the advance copy of the CD and I think its great but to the masses playing new songs is a waste. to a casual fan they dont care and wont buy the new CD....so why not go deep and play mother's little helper and or far away eyes or something in the place of 5 new songs?? The B2B tune and Voodoo tune is cool, hell Saint of me would be great! well i am sure when the dust settles i will have gone to 2-3 shows. But what will get me there is more than the GH Tour.

Cooper,

I am quite confused by your post. In the first part you complain about the number of new songs. You say they should be replaced by older songs. However you then conclude your post by saying that you need more than a greatest hits tour. So which is it?
August 24th, 2005 11:58 AM
glencar I'm hoping that Friday's show sees a slight change in the set list. The problem for me is that the songs they mix up are the 5-9 slots which are the ones I'd like to hear. I'd much rather hear She's So Cold & Heartbreaker over BS & YGMR. They need to rest more of the really old warhorses. And the new stuff should be exposed even more. Do 7 or 8 of them.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)