ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Predictions for Tonight Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 03:16 PM
winter I hate to say it, but based upon the rehearsals on Thurs and Fri - SOL will replace BOMH tonight. Ain't Too Proud to Beg will replace something, maybe Shattered.

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 03:20 PM
nankerphelge That's unfortunate -- Back of My Hand was amazing.

Ain't Too Proud would be a nice addition.
Dammit -- why didn't they play that Sunday?
August 23rd, 2005 03:23 PM
glencar But will they ditch Brown Sugar? Or Satisfaction?
August 23rd, 2005 03:38 PM
Dan I bet Aint Too Proud To Beg and Paint It Black pop up sooner than later.
August 23rd, 2005 03:41 PM
winter
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That's unfortunate -- Back of My Hand was amazing.

Ain't Too Proud would be a nice addition.
Dammit -- why didn't they play that Sunday?

Nanky I agree. Sorry I missed you in Boston. Will we see you in Beantown in January 2006?

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 03:44 PM
nankerphelge Yeah me too -- just too much to do in one day, unfortunately.

Not sure if I'll be back up in Jan -- looks like MSG is starting to look good.

Just got tix to Baltimore too!
August 23rd, 2005 03:46 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dan wrote:
I bet Aint Too Proud To Beg and Paint It Black pop up sooner than later.

Yes, I think so too. But if they're playing SOL live, I will be forced to go to bed again before the entire set is in .
August 23rd, 2005 03:47 PM
glencar I'd rather hear SOL than Angie or Ruby Tuesday.
August 23rd, 2005 03:55 PM
gimmekeef If BOMH was done as well and received as well as reports I cant see it being taken out with album breaking soon....I'd bet Heartbreaker goes..just a hunch...
August 23rd, 2005 04:00 PM
winter I really dug Night and Day, but I wonder if Get Up, Stand Up or Mr. Pitiful will be in some sort of rotation for that spot. Any of them would be fantastic IMO.

I think Infamy is here to stay for a while, which means if the Worst is shuffled, it will likely be for another Keith Ballad (and I'd bet something Voodoo Lounge or later).

I think the other slots that could vary (but not every night) are You Got Me Rockin (Ain't Too Proud to Beg might be here), Beast of Burden, Heartbreaker, Out of Control and 1 on the B stage (either HTW or Satisfaction). I think the others are pretty fixed in Stone for a while.

My wishful thinking is that there will be 5 song changes tonight, not including Keith, which would make 6.

Not going to speculate any furhter on what the changes might be.

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 04:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd rather hear SOL than Angie or Ruby Tuesday.

You've got a point there.
August 23rd, 2005 04:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'd bet Heartbreaker goes..just a hunch...

Me thinks too.
August 23rd, 2005 04:03 PM
ziggypayne
Live With Me for Shattered
Dead Flowers or Streets of Love for Beast of Burden?
??? for She's So Cold
??? for Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Get Up Stand Up or Mr. Pitiful for Night Time Is The Right Time
Thru And Thru for The Worst
Gimme Shelter or Paint It Black for Miss You (wishful thinking)
Love Is Strong for Out of Control?
Midnight Rambler for You Can't Always Get What You Want
August 23rd, 2005 04:08 PM
winter Even if the Stones are playing it conservative, there should be a fair amount of changes tonight - b/c it is one of the few cities where there are 2 shows. I would think that they know that there will be many repeat attendees. Which is why I think SOL will be in there.

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 04:14 PM
Saint Sway if they are ONLY going to replace 3 or 4 songs (including one of Keiths) then THAT IS JUST LAME.

LAME.

LAME.

LAME.

they need to change the intro, the 3 songs that follow it, the b-stage songs, the encores, and mix in at least 6 different songs in the middle. They've got the catalog and the recent experience to be able to do it. If not, then THE TOUR IS A BUST. There is no acceptable excuse not to shake up the set when they are playing the 2nd night in the same venue. I EXPECT MAJOR CHANGES. Anything else is just LAZY and LAME. You call yourselves the "Worlds Greatest R&R Band" then prove it!! Go out tonite with a new set with Street Fighting Man, Bitch, Gimme Shelter, Rambler, Angie, Dead Flowers, Live With Me, Monkey Man, Hang Fire, Whip, Paint It Black, Let It Bleed and Memory Motel all thrown in.
August 23rd, 2005 04:19 PM
Jumping Jack Change the first two and last two. Here's my wishful thinking.

ADTL for SMU
Bitch for YGMR

MR for YCAGWYW
GS for IORR
August 23rd, 2005 04:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Change the first two and last two. Here's my wishful thinking.

just 4 songs and thats "wishful thinking" ????

why's everyones expectations so low???

f#ck that!!!

they need to change 10 songs. Minimum!!!

what the hell is the point of going to multiple shows if they are only going to change 2 or 3 songs a night?????

August 23rd, 2005 04:31 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT pretty much the same till be get in the arena, acually probably 1 song less and 2 different ones
August 23rd, 2005 04:34 PM
Dan
quote:
what the hell is the point of going to multiple shows if they are only going to change 2 or 3 songs a night?????

I've seen multiple gigs by bands playing the same set every night. Knew it going in but it was such a great set it didnt bother me.
Also - there were only 2 changes between the Soldier Field 97 shows and the RFK 94 shows. I guess it can go either way.
August 23rd, 2005 04:34 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

just 4 songs and thats "wishful thinking" ????

why's everyones expectations so low???

f#ck that!!!

they need to change 10 songs. Minimum!!!

History would suggest that this ain't gonna happen. They did vary set lists on Licks, as they were playing different venues, but I just don't see it happening on a Stadium tour. Someone more knowledgeable (or less lazy) than me can probably site or pull from the internet relavant data points from past tours where they played the same venue twice.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right. But I am not optimistic.

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 04:40 PM
MRD8 Saint Sway,
Are you off your meds again? This is the Rolling Stones not Springsteen or Dylan...they will NEVER change a setlist by five songs a night, much less ten! ADTL isn't well enough known by the masses to be the opener...I bet they change two songs tonight tops...the b-stage was nothing special songwise on opening night, was it?
August 23rd, 2005 04:41 PM
Steel Wheels Enjoy the shows, set lists be damned. There's always American Idol shos to attend if one is afraid of hearing Satisfaction for the 1 millionth time.
August 23rd, 2005 04:53 PM
winter I checked - quickly, so I could be off - These are all same venue twice in Boston / Foxboro

Steel Wheels - they played 2 songs less the second night, otherwise the set list was exactly the same

Voodoo Lounge - they played 2 songs less and changed 2 songs the second night, otherwise the set list was exactly the same

Bridges to Babylon - they changed 2 songs the second night, otherwise the set list was exactly the same

No Security - I couldn't find the data.

I personally do not consider deleting 2 songs with no replacement an acceptable change in the set list.

wintah
August 23rd, 2005 05:07 PM
winter ok - they changed 5 songs for no security the second night.
August 23rd, 2005 05:18 PM
Saint Sway I'm not expecting them to bust out Jigsaw Puzzle but.... theres plenty of big songs that they've played to death that they can swap in just to mix the show up

theres no reason they cant do a "stadium" type set and swap these mega hits into the set. No reason.

Street Fighting Man
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
MIdnight Rambler
Wild Horses or Angie

theres no reason they can repeat a set list similiar to the 1st night and swap these B-grade Stones songs

Bitch ~ for Shattered
Live With Me/or IYCRM ~ for YGMR
Monkey Man/or ADTL ~ for Heartbreaker
Hang Fire ~ for Shes So Cold
Aint Too Proud To Beg ~ for Night Time
CYHMK ~ for Out of Control
19th Nervous Breakdown/or LARS ~ for Beast of Burden
Streets of Love/or another new song ~ for BOMH

not including Keiths set, thats over a dozen songs right there that they could easily mix into Sunday nights set list and still maintain a greatest hits type stadium show while STILL giving the repeat fans something to get excited about. And they could pull it off in their sleep!!! Its just sheer laziness not too. Its unacceptable to charge fans $500 tix and expect them to come back and see virtually the same exact show. Frankly, I find it unnerving that fans are even content to only expect them to switch around a song or two. I expect more from "TWGR&RB"

the Licks tour was much more ambitous. It would be sad to see them slip way back into their Steel Wheels repeated set lists. They raised the bar on Licks. Why take 2 steps back now?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
August 23rd, 2005 05:20 PM
Saint Sway ~ edited bc I'm a spaz with the quote/edit button ~
sorry
[Edited by Saint Sway]
August 23rd, 2005 06:00 PM
The_Worst I look at it this way:

1) These will almost certainly be played (99%-100% chance):

1. Start Me Up
2. Satisfaction
3. Honky Tonk Woman
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Jumpin Jack Flash
6. Brown Sugar

2)These will be played unless they are really in the mood to switch things up big time (90-99% chance):

1. Tumblin Dice
2. Miss You
3. You Can't Always Get What You Want
4. Its Only Rock n Roll

3) Then you have the new album material, 2 of which I believe we will see every night (90%-100% chance):

1. Rough Justice
2. Oh No, Not You Again

THAT IS 12 SONGS I THINK YOU WILL SEE JUST ABOUT EVERY NIGHT OF THE TOUR (Miss You being the one possible exception):

Then things get interesting:

Then you have the 2 Keef songs:

1. The Worst
2. Infamy

Keith always plays a ballad & then a rocker/uptempo tune.

I think you will see The Worst, This Place is Empty, Slipping Away, & Thru & Thru as the main choices for the ballad.

I think the uptempo one will alternate between Infamy, Happy, Before They Make Me Run, & hopefully Little T&A.

Therefore, I think these two spots will change every night, but there is only about 8 different songs for those 8 spots.

Next we have the cover song:

1. Night Time (Ray Charles cover)

I have to believe they will play one cover in this spot & mix it up between Night Time, Get Up, Stand Up, Mr. Pitiful, & Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.

The remaining 7 are:

1. You Got Me Rockin
2. Shattered
3. Back of my Hand
4. Beast of Burden
5. She's So Cold
6. Heartbreaker
7. Out of Control

These are the ones that can come & go. First, I thought BOMH was one of the highlights so I think & hope that stays. After that, you really only have 6 spots that can pretty much change nightly (& that's if they decide to play 22 songs a night)...I think they will probably settle down to a 20 song set list with about 4 songs mixing it up a night...I hope it's more but that's what I expect...I just hope at somepoint we see Hangfire, Sway, Dead Flowers, Moonlight Mile, or I Got The Blues in there!!

We'll see soon enough my Stonesian brothers & sisters, show #2 is only a few hours away!!!
August 23rd, 2005 06:14 PM
Saint Sway OK. You're on the right path!

Heres the simple formula.

mix these with other big hits like GS, PIB, MR
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

2)These will be played unless they are really in the mood to switch things up big time (90-99% chance):

1. Tumblin Dice
2. Miss You
3. You Can't Always Get What You Want
4. Its Only Rock n Roll

mix these with any 2 other Keith songs

quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Then you have the 2 Keef songs:

1. The Worst
2. Infamy

mix the cover song

quote:
The_Worst wrote:

1. Night Time (Ray Charles cover)

I have to believe they will play one cover in this spot & mix it up between Night Time, Get Up, Stand Up, Mr. Pitiful, & Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.

and mix 7 other Stones stalwarts for these 7

quote:
The_Worst wrote:

1. You Got Me Rockin
2. Shattered
3. Back of my Hand
4. Beast of Burden
5. She's So Cold
6. Heartbreaker
7. Out of Control

add it up and thats 14 songs that they CAN EASILY mix and match from night to night and keep the set lists somewhat fresh.
August 23rd, 2005 06:17 PM
Paulcarr87 Look for Memory Motel tonight since I heard them soundcheck it on Sunday (along with Out of Control and Miss You).

August 24th, 2005 10:32 AM
Saint Sway Memory Motel eh?

we'll keep looking for that one with baited breath

these set lists are riveting. Gee... who knows what they'll play next.

:yawn:
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)