ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Christian News report Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 11:16 AM
Steel Wheels Rock Star or Mock Star?

(CBN News) - Rolling Stones rock star Mick Jagger is denying that one of his upcoming songs is meant to bash President Bush.

Jagger admits that the song, called "Sweet Neo Con" is very critical of the Bush administration policies, but he tells the TV show "Extra" that the song is not personally aimed at the President.

The song doesn't mention Bush or Iraq, but it does refer to the military contractor Halliburton, and one line from the song criticizes the Bush administration saying:

"It's liberty for all, democracy's our style - unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

August 23rd, 2005 11:37 AM
gimmekeef Maybe the song hits too close to home for these bible thumpin get in everybody elses business c***suckers!..On with the show!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23rd, 2005 11:43 AM
glencar Um, this is the 102nd thread about this.
August 23rd, 2005 12:28 PM
lotsajizz and still, it never gets old
August 23rd, 2005 01:10 PM
Steel Wheels Glencar,

It may be the 1,000th thread, but it's still bears mentioning considering it was posted on Pat Robertson's webpage which is getting tonds of traffic today due to his comments about assasinating a foreign war lord.

There's many threads started on this board that repeat what was said yesterday, last week, last year. Weed through them.

[Edited by Steel Wheels]
August 23rd, 2005 02:00 PM
glencar Uh, okay. As far as PR, that wasn't a "foreign warlord." It was the Prez of Venezuela. I've been to some conservative boards & the general consensus is that he lost his mind years ago but it's funny how the mainstream media jumped on this whilst they were a tad slow to follow up on comments by certain commentators from the other side. CNN devoted a half hour to this "controversy." Who really cares? What are the ratings for the 700 Club?
August 23rd, 2005 02:19 PM
pdog Has anyone ever heard of the WAR Whore's. Seems to be a group of songs played alot by some band...
Oops, gotta run! Jesus is coming, everyone look busy!
August 23rd, 2005 02:59 PM
gimmekeef To hell with Jesus..unless he can play shortstop....
August 23rd, 2005 03:19 PM
Steel Wheels The ratings are low in the big towns, huge in the rural areas. I tried to watch it once but it was so biased I couldn't sit through it. Terrible stuff.
August 23rd, 2005 03:25 PM
glencar Yes, that's my reaction to CNN.
August 23rd, 2005 04:22 PM
gimmekeef None of these supposed news channels reports the news anymore.They all try to create it based on their own biased agendas.......sometimes too much information can be a bad thing....
August 23rd, 2005 04:38 PM
Steel Wheels The bias in all news reports is becoming more evident with each passing day. Every time I watch the news I have to remember who is sponsoring the network, who they pushed in the last election, etc.

August 23rd, 2005 06:25 PM
the good
quote:
glencar wrote:
Uh, okay. As far as PR, that wasn't a "foreign warlord." It was the Prez of Venezuela. I've been to some conservative boards & the general consensus is that he lost his mind years ago but it's funny how the mainstream media jumped on this whilst they were a tad slow to follow up on comments by certain commentators from the other side. CNN devoted a half hour to this "controversy." Who really cares? What are the ratings for the 700 Club?

PR is a senile jackass
August 23rd, 2005 08:21 PM
corgi37 CNN is biased?

And Fox isnt???????????????????????????????????????????????

You Yanks are just spoon fed mush, and "the heartland" eats it up.

My country, right or wrong.

P.S. Where is the plane wreckage from the Pentagon?
August 23rd, 2005 09:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler The problem with trying to measure "media bias" is that for the average mind untrained in critical thinking, the baseline isn't any sort of objective reality but rather their own beliefs and biases. Reporting which appears to challenge the viewer's assumptions is deemed "biased," irrespective of its accuracy. Saul Alinksy used to say, "Sure, the media is slanted to the left, but the truth is much further to the left."

Of course, in the U.S. today there is no left left in power; only center-conservative and extreme conservative.

BTW, isn't there a tour on?
August 23rd, 2005 10:30 PM
the good
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
The problem with trying to measure "media bias" is that for the average mind untrained in critical thinking, the baseline isn't any sort of objective reality but rather their own beliefs and biases. Reporting which appears to challenge the viewer's assumptions is deemed "biased," irrespective of its accuracy. Saul Alinksy used to say, "Sure, the media is slanted to the left, but the truth is much further to the left."

Of course, in the U.S. today there is no left left in power; only center-conservative and extreme conservative.

BTW, isn't there a tour on?

See, this is the type of thing that drives conservatives crazy, and rightfully so. "Sure, the media is slanted to the left, but the truth is much further to the left." As you said, personal biases drive how people interpret stories, but are we really supposed to think that it has little effect on how the story is reported? No, according to people like Saul Alinsky, that is the "truth." Like Walter Cronkite used to say "and that's the way it is". Bullshit. Let's look at one example of bias in reporting. One mother who tragically lost her son in the war is camped outside of the President's ranch in protest. Based on the coverage, the media would have us think that her views are representative of how ALL military families feel about the war, when we all know that the majority of military families, including many of those who have lost a relative, support the President. But the media isn't interested in that objective truth, they are interestd in a left wing agenda. But I guess that's just the opinion of a non media person who is untrained in "critical thinking."
August 23rd, 2005 10:59 PM
exile I always thought the funniest form of bias in reporting was during the war.

How "SEARCH FOR WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION became OPERATION LIBERATE IRAQ"

they must think most people are stupid!
August 25th, 2005 03:56 PM
Brainbell Jangler "They must think most people are stupid."
THINK?
Like Mencken said, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
August 25th, 2005 03:58 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and still, it never gets old

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)