ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: M.S.G. January 18th Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 23rd, 2005 12:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
That sucks! For some reason, we were counting on the Saturday. I mean, I'll be there no matter what but one of these folks is coming from Ireland.

he might be on my flight as I'm flying from Dublin! LOL
August 23rd, 2005 12:09 PM
LadyJane Come on Fleabit!!!

Do it!!

Do it!!

Look at the people scoring tickys.

I must tell all of you that as much as I enjoyed the Stones, and they were outstanding, I think the best part of the weekend was partying with my RO Buddies!!! There is no feeling like it....instant bond!!!

See ya'll in NYC!!!!

LJ.
August 23rd, 2005 12:13 PM
glencar Gazza, this guy will be coming on Friday, most likely. I'll have to make sure my pals at work ensure that his flight gets in w/o delay!
August 23rd, 2005 12:20 PM
Gazza Well, if hes flying Aer Lingus - the Dublin flight gets in at 1 pm...

the one from Shannon gets in around 4 pm, so even that should JUST be ok

I'm actually flying in on the day of the show this time (wednesday). Couldnt believe I got a return flight from Dublin to New York for over $100 less than the price of most of the tickets that were available today for the concert.

If thats not proof that these ticket prices are totally mental, I dont know what is...

If your friend hasnt booked his flights yet, he should try that company....
[Edited by Gazza]
August 23rd, 2005 12:22 PM
glencar LOL It's amazing that the Stones are charging so much. Yesterday, I had a chance to be in Sec 11 for $400+. I passed. I'm a few feet back now for $300 less.
August 23rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Gazza Just wondering did this happen to anyone else, as its the first time this tour I've tried to buy tickets...

I tried to buy two tickets at $179 and got offered a pair in section 110 - which are pretty damn good...by the time I clicked and got through a few seconds later the tickets were 'magically transformed' into $454 apiece and they were looking just a few dollars shy of $1,000 for the pair, with the charges!!! What the FECK is all that about??

I passed on a few offers of $454 and was informed a few times that the $179 and $100 tickets werent available, but eventually a pair came up for $179 (good job I read what horror stories other people had and didnt panic buy a pair of $450 ones..)
August 23rd, 2005 12:29 PM
glencar Didn't happen here. I got the $179 or whatever it cost. Why'd you get 2? Is Mrs. G coming?
August 23rd, 2005 12:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL It's amazing that the Stones are charging so much. Yesterday, I had a chance to be in Sec 11 for $400+. I passed. I'm a few feet back now for $300 less.

I tried that other presale earlier and was offered a pair in block 120 for $454, (side view). Thing is, thats the same block we were in in 2002 at this venue and those tickets cost $160 each....

Ive noticed that with each of the last few tours since 1999..whilst the ticket range has gone up a bit, the actual NUMBER of tickets in any area but category 1 seem fewer. Many mediocre seats now fall into the price range of what used to be the 'pretty good seats' range and many of THEM are now priced the same as the extortionate ones..
August 23rd, 2005 12:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't happen here. I got the $179 or whatever it cost. Why'd you get 2? Is Mrs. G coming?

No. Jaxx has the other one. Her sis lives in Manhattan, so (for the 3rd time) the poor girl has to put up with me snoring on her couch for a few nights.
August 23rd, 2005 12:36 PM
glencar Yes but I remember in 1999's No Security tour I paid $300 for a rather crappy seat. I was up 15 rows or so in the first loge level along the side. My friends who paid 1/3 that were only 10 rows higher & much closer to the stage. I've never figured out their pricing ways.
August 23rd, 2005 12:37 PM
glencar Yay! Finally get to meet you guys!
August 23rd, 2005 12:38 PM
scope I'll be taking my chances on Monday morning. Wish me luck, and of course if anyone comes across any extras, let me know.
August 23rd, 2005 12:39 PM
glencar scope, why take chances? You can get a ticket now by typing in "STONES" as the password. Use the non-Stones club listing...
August 23rd, 2005 12:42 PM
FPM C10 so, Gazza, any chance you'll do the 2nd show too?
Miss Youngblood and I are planning on getting into the city Thursday night and doing some sightseeing Friday during the day, so if you're still in town maybe we can do lunch or something.

LJ, you are SO right. INSTANT bond. It's like a high school reunion, except that I don't like my high school classmates near as much as you guys!

It sucked that I missed YOTI 1 but the get-together after the show was really great too. I still have a piece of paper I got everyone to sign. Gazza, Jaxx, Nanky, Maxy, Maxmeister, Lambchop, Queen Annie (whatever happened to her?) and more that I'm forgetting...it was a night to remember. We were all EXHILARATED!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE STONES ARE TOURING AGAIN! THIS IS SO GREAT!
August 23rd, 2005 12:44 PM
scope Those are only the $454 seats though, right? I'm going solo to MSG in Sept. so the wife would be expecting to go in January. $900 is pretty steep, and I haven't ruled out some other shows yet.
August 23rd, 2005 12:45 PM
glencar Nope. I got $175 ticket using that code. So did LJ, I think.
August 23rd, 2005 12:49 PM
scope
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope. I got $175 ticket using that code. So did LJ, I think.

trying now, but I keep getting 454 and they are side stage, limited view. Will keepo trying.
August 23rd, 2005 12:54 PM
glencar Jeez, maybe I got in just under the wire! I only bought mine about an hour ago...
August 23rd, 2005 01:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG This is so exciting! Of course I wish I could be up close and personal with the band, but just to go to MSG is a dream come true- and to have a chance to party with all of you is the icing on the cake!!
Gazza- I got offered those same $450 seats also, and I wonder how many poor souls "woohooed" right on through the whole process!!
August 23rd, 2005 01:06 PM
muddy "the time I clicked and got through a few seconds later the tickets were 'magically transformed' into $454"

It seems many tickets that are $454, price level 1, were "mistakenly" listed as price level 2, so they came up when you requested the $179s.

To get the $179s, put in $179 and for section try 200 level, then 300 level. It should definitely work for something in the 300s.

Some of the 200 section are set at $454.
August 23rd, 2005 04:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
so, Gazza, any chance you'll do the 2nd show too?
Miss Youngblood and I are planning on getting into the city Thursday night and doing some sightseeing Friday during the day, so if you're still in town maybe we can do lunch or something.

well..one of the reasons I decided to go was that I believed there would be 2 shows...its a long way to come for just one..so as I'm there til Sunday I'll be at any show that takes place later that week too!
August 23rd, 2005 09:55 PM
Nasty Habits All signs point to likely that I'll be in NYC that week on business, so I shall probably be attending . . .
August 23rd, 2005 10:23 PM
FPM C10 ...DEVELOPING!

We must all meet for a nosh.
August 23rd, 2005 11:52 PM
jpenn11
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm in!!!!
going to sell my Sept MSG floor tix though. Cant afford to go to both.

Where are the seats and where are you selling these?
August 23rd, 2005 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl At this speed I'm going to convince myself to go there even that the shows here will be two weeks later
August 24th, 2005 07:17 AM
LadyJane My crystal ball tells me that THIS show and the RO gathering will be EXTRA EXTRA special.

Developing..............

LJ.
August 24th, 2005 07:18 AM
egon shouldn't you be in bed, my sweet LJ?
or still can't sleep from all the excitement?
August 24th, 2005 07:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
shouldn't you be in bed, my sweet LJ?
or still can't sleep from all the excitement?

Oh no egon...it's 7:25 a.m. here.

Time to go back to work. I'm kinda sad

LJ.
August 24th, 2005 07:29 AM
egon it'll be january in no time
[Edited by egon]
August 24th, 2005 12:00 PM
glencar
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
At this speed I'm going to convince myself to go there even that the shows here will be two weeks later

yes, do so. It'll be a show not to be missed!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)