ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Stones satellite radio channel Return to archive
August 22nd, 2005 07:35 PM
Gazza Rolling SIRIUS Stones: Band Gets Satellite Channel

Posted by Eric Olsen on August 22, 2005 04:31 PM

When I was a kid in L.A. in the '60s, for a (short) time there was a radio station that only played the Beatles and the Stones. In that time of extremely eclectic Top 40 radio -- where a set might run from Aretha Franklin to Blue Cheer to Johnny Cash to Frank Sinatra to the Monkees -- such narrowcasting seemed absurd.

Now with satellite and cable radio, webcasting and podcasting, there seems to be no limit to the fine slicing: you want ONLY Norwegian fishing songs as opposed to the occasional Swedish piscatological ditty thrown in the mix, you got it, you betcha!

In honor of the latest Rolling Stones tour -- which kicked off in Boston last night -- and the Sept 6 release of their Bigger Bang album, starting tomorrow, August 23, and running through September 29, SIRIUS Satellite Radio will launch an all-Rolling Stones music channel. The craggy old farts will help program the channel, which will feature five decades of Stones music, including rare tracks, live cuts and previews from A Bigger Bang.

Rolling Stones Radio will also air nightly "concert playbacks" whereby SIRIUS will play album versions of the Stones' songs in the order they were performed following each US tour date, and present track-by-track stories and introductions to each of A Bigger Bang's 16 all-new songs, as told exclusively to SIRIUS by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood.

see here for info :

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=Channel&cid=1124541408148
August 22nd, 2005 10:17 PM
Steel Wheels Thanks for the info Gazza! I cannot wait for this! All Stones, all the time.

YEAH!
August 23rd, 2005 04:44 AM
MRD8 Gazza,
Thanks for the great news...I just got Sirius satellite radio on the new Chrysler 300 I bought last month...its already KILLER...this will make it even better!
August 23rd, 2005 05:23 AM
Poplar
here's an idea: live broadcasts of the shows.

who am i kidding?
August 23rd, 2005 08:32 AM
gimmekeef Fuck!...I've got XM!!!!!..(the other satellite service!!!)
August 23rd, 2005 09:14 AM
NHStonesfan Another XM Depression Case acutally I loved it until I read that 20 seconds ago
August 23rd, 2005 07:26 PM
Paulcarr87 I've had Sirius for a week and the new Stones channel sounds great!! In the first hour I heard 19th nervous, stop breaking down, hang fire, respectable, fight, im movin on (live)etc... Sirius was already a great product beforehand, this just makes it incredible..

Paul

August 23rd, 2005 07:33 PM
luxury1 Wow--Howard and now the Stones channel. I am not waiting till Jan 06. I need this now. Thanks for the good news/heads up Gazza!!
August 23rd, 2005 08:02 PM
charlotte Luxury1, I was going to wait also till 06...not now...wednesday...thanks gazza
August 24th, 2005 06:27 AM
Steel Wheels I've had the channel on non stop since 9PM last night. This is fantastic! The band has recorded little messages too.

Keef says, "Don't worry, we won't hurt you."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)