ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RO Fenway pre show Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 22nd, 2005 09:16 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
gypsy wrote:

A special RO Slotwich, no?

Ahh, it is a dream of mine to be a part of a RO Slotwich. Now, how to fufill that dream..........
August 22nd, 2005 09:28 PM
throbby I would say to be an attendee at either Chicago or MSG.
August 22nd, 2005 09:33 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
I would say to be an attendee at either Chicago or MSG.

1 out of 2 ain't bad. How I wish I was going to Chicago.
Damn my sperm! UGH! LOL!
August 22nd, 2005 09:51 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

I, by the way, do not look so goofy in person.

now now lux - false modesty is unbecoming

but great to see you guys "in the flesh" so to speak

nanker - you look pretty spaced out in the top pic. but judging by the others it looks as if the camera caught you mid-blink (love your tee, of course)
August 22nd, 2005 10:14 PM
LadyJane

Could someone PLEASE photoshop OPEN blue eyes onto my face??

I really love this picture...what a group....we may be a lil wild and crazy...but I'm thrilled to be in this mix.

I'm still in shock over last night.....I was at the opener.

The opener was great.....the Stones were great...the company was great.

Ahhhh....I'm tired.

LJ.

August 22nd, 2005 10:16 PM
Madafaka Awesome pix, thank you for sharing!
August 22nd, 2005 10:29 PM
corgi37 I hope i aint outta line, but Luxury is such a fox!
August 22nd, 2005 10:41 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I hope i aint outta line, but Luxury is such a fox!

Agreed, but I also think LadyJane is a fox as well.
August 22nd, 2005 10:49 PM
pdog If I was there I would've felt very special, what a night you guys had. All very cool people in that picture.
Don't the dudes know how to shave... C'mon boys, look at throbby. Look at his lady, none of you were going to get any action from LJ with all that stubble and hair.
LOL!
August 22nd, 2005 11:19 PM
gypsy LadyJane and Luxury1 are gorgeous. The guys are all handsome as well. JB is handsome AND generous, and I'd like to take this time to thank him for the Dysun vacuum cleaner he sent me for my birthday last week. Thanks, JB! You weren't lying when you told me about how great it is with dog hair and dander.
August 23rd, 2005 09:12 AM
Joey [quote]throbby wrote:
A few shots, hope you like 'em

from left to right, Scope, Luxury, Lady Jane, JB, Nanker

What a gorgeous collection of five beautiful people --- Truly Rolling Stones' fans are the brightest AND the MOST beautiful !!!!

I wish I was there to party with everyone ............

August 23rd, 2005 09:21 AM
J.J.Flash Errrr.... superb shots people... but... errr... didn't Josh say he would never attend any of the gigs?!?!?

Hey Throbby, you are in great shape buddy handsome motherfucker! And with all due respect, Luxy..... you look incredibly Gorgeous.......
August 23rd, 2005 09:50 AM
nankerphelge Nice shots!!
I'm glad I looked as ripped up as I was!

Excellent time being greeted by jb!!
I expected a $1500 Armani suit!

throbby and luxy -- thanks again for the use of your sweet suite!

Glad we went to Doug's -- lotsa fun but way too hot!

Guess what -- Boston has chiba chariots!!
Howe did that happen!

The show was interesting -- I think they were more nervous this time out than in 2002. Don't know why, but they seemed a bit cautious -- especially the set list -- as soon as I heard Start Me up I feared a War Horse extravaganza!

However, the band was tight.
Mick was on fire.
And, THANKFULLY, the sound was perfect as compared to that dreadful Licks sound. I mean REALLY good. I felt bad for Keith's guitar -- he was just molesting the poor thing!

I was very curious about Ronald -- and I think he is far better than last time out. If ya think about it, last time out the guy was just freshly dried out -- that had to be tough. This time out, it really sounded like the Stones 2-guitar sound was back -- very happy to hear that!

Charlie was, of course, Charlie!

The Ray Charles tribute was truly awesome -- Lisa is incredible, but the whole band hit that special moment during that song.

Highlight song for me -- Out of Control, thought they did a great job. Runner up -- Heartbreaker!

Lowlight song -- Satisfaction -- when I saw them open in 2002, I thought it was one of the best songs of the show -- this time it seemed forced to me -- and on the B-stage no less.

Anyhowe -- great time -- great to see them back again!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 23rd, 2005 10:10 AM
egon nank, any heineken?
August 23rd, 2005 10:12 AM
Jair Hey people, loved met you.
I've never seen you all before. It's cool now see your faces!!!
Thanks for the post.
August 23rd, 2005 10:19 AM
nankerphelge I think so -- I can't remember exactly!

I had a Bud with the Sharp E and Mattman from Doug's board when I got to the hotel -- they were next door.

Then I had maybe 3 or 4 Bass Ales at the Green Dragon.

Then I had 2 or 3 Heinekens (I think) at the Four Seasons.

Then we got fine tuned.

Then we all walked in the hot Boston sun to the Pour House with Doug's group. I had a couple of beers there -- not sure what.

Then we all walked to Fenway in more of the hot Boston sun.

Then we all met Nellcote briefly and then went into the Cask and Something or Other -- I think I had 2 Heinekens there.

Then found a chiba chariot.

Then into the show.

August 23rd, 2005 10:53 AM
luxury1 You know, I try and try for sophistication and chic reservation, and all I get are goof ball faces, and wicked bad pit stains.....
ONce a Stones Fan, always a Stones fan I guess.
BUt thank you, JJF for the compliment. I have to tell you, on the way into the stadium, some fans yell to Throbby, "Hey it's Mick, 40 years ago!" Everyone made a big scene, and throbby was all blushing. Of course I had to brag to them throbby's real age.....they couldnt believe it.

It sure was a nice feeling to be with our Stonesian brood. ANd what a show, huh??
[Edited by luxury1]
August 23rd, 2005 12:01 PM
Stonesdoug I was twice blessed---thanks to all for stopping by----always a pleasure
August 23rd, 2005 12:24 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
I was twice blessed---thanks to all for stopping by----always a pleasure

And you have to be one of the luckiest guys in the world to be a part of a RO Slotwich. Grrrrr.
August 23rd, 2005 12:37 PM
Factory Girl Very lovely pics. Now, I know that JB is short for J Bandana...lol

Btw, where was TomL?
August 23rd, 2005 02:12 PM
J.J.Flash Considering the appearance of his skin, seems that Josh is always soaking up the sun......That must be due to his speedy boat.....
August 23rd, 2005 04:18 PM
Monkey Woman Great to see you all having such a great time!

LJ, the demure, eyes-down look suits you well, too!
August 23rd, 2005 06:05 PM
Miraklwkr Great pictures, Luxury!

It was so nice to see you and Lady Jane again, and to meet some of you for the first time. Too bad I didn't get to see Josh again, though.........guess I will have to wait until NY for that to happen.

The Pour House party rocked!!!!!!! (The show was pretty good, too, LOL!)

Lynn
[Edited by Miraklwkr]
August 23rd, 2005 06:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I miss you girl

Kill to meet ya once more Miraklwkr
August 24th, 2005 12:12 AM
Miraklwkr My dear Voodoo Chile, I have decided to go to Hartford again. I will think of you when I am there...........we sure had fun in 99, didn't we??!!!!
August 25th, 2005 01:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Miraklwkr wrote:
My dear Voodoo Chile, I have decided to go to Hartford again. I will think of you when I am there...........we sure had fun in 99, didn't we??!!!!

Yes we did!!!! (and I don't mean the show)

Think of me at the show and drink a shot of tequila before
August 25th, 2005 02:33 PM
Joey [quote]luxury1 wrote:
Of course I had to brag to them throbby's real age.....they couldnt believe it. "

He's the same age as you isn't he ?!?!?! ... Twenty Three ?!?!?!

J. Fly !

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)