ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones TRUE STEREO Petition To ABKCO Return to archive
August 21st, 2005 03:45 PM
elmolewis1 I know this was on here once before but I'm posting it again hoping to get more people to sign the petition.

Dear Rolling Stones Fans:

The purpose of this petition is to persuade ABKCO Records to release the TRUE STEREO versions of the 24 songs The Rolling Stones recorded in the 1960s, and which were NOT included on their 2002 release of "The Rolling Stones Remastered Series” (SACD).

It has been over 40 years since these songs were released, but we have never heard them the way they were actually recorded - in TRUE STEREO. Over the years, other record labels have remastered records by other Sixties artists, and in doing so have completely expunged mono versions from their catalog and replaced them for true-stereo versions. With the exception of a few songs from ABKCO’s “Remastered Series,” we still have not been able to say the same about our favorite Rolling Stones – who have recorded some of their greatest music during this era. Rather than voice our opinion on the Internet or privately amongst ourselves, I think it’s about time we let ABKCO Records know there is a demand to hear the TRUE STEREO versions.

The Petition can be signed at the following link, and please spread the word:

http://www.petitiononline.com/brian69/petition.html

Please remember to use your full name and not nicknames or aliases.

When this petition gets enough signatures ABKCO Records will be notified of its existence and hopefully will be persuaded to release the TRUE STEREO versions of the following songs:

The Last Time
Play With Fire
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Abkco claims it’s in stereo but sounds more like simulated stereo)
Get Off Of My Cloud
As Tears Go By
Mercy Mercy
Hitch Hike
That’s How Strong My Love Is
I’m Free
The Singer Not The Song
She Said Yeah
Blue Turns To Grey
Gotta Get Away
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
Good Times
Cry To Me
The Spider And The Fly
One More Try
19th Nervous Breakdown
Mother’s Little Helper (Only released in stereo on the UK Aftermath)
Sad Day
Long Long While
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
Who’s Driving Your Plane?

Sincerely,

Rob Weingartner

August 21st, 2005 04:01 PM
keithriffhard wow if you can tell that it's only in simulated stereo you got a lot of time, come on! they sound awesome, at least they've been rereleased, other bands don't even rerelease
August 22nd, 2005 05:07 AM
wgwalsh How about turning some holy water into wine too ?
August 22nd, 2005 06:39 AM
Rizollin ha
[Edited by Rizollin]
August 22nd, 2005 10:33 AM
Jair Big Hits Vol 2 has also a little "problem" in the SACD version. Is missing the intro of She's a Raimbow. I have an old American edition of the same record e the intro is there...

August 22nd, 2005 11:26 AM
rocky hi ! so far as i know there,,,is stereo versions of....pre 66.uk afermath is

it's all over now..
everybody needs (long version)
time is om my side # (guitar version)
down the road apiece
can't be satisfied
if you need me
emty heart
2120 south m a.
confessing the bl
around and around
look what you v'e done
heart of stone
the last time
play with fire
satisfaction
iv'e been loving you too long
get off of my cloud.
my girl( the strings in one channel)true stereo ?????
rocky

August 22nd, 2005 02:41 PM
rocky hi again,,,i forget "don't lie to me" ..hard to hear if it's stereo,,,it's rec may 1964...they don't recorded stereo that time...
bill w once said "they released in mono,,because the fans where younger than beatles fans,,and,,didn't have stereo equipment,,,, rocky
August 23rd, 2005 04:35 PM
rocky one thing is also a mystery ,,,,,why !!!!!???? are not the two first uk,,,album released,,???? rocky
August 24th, 2005 04:21 PM
elmolewis1 I am not talking about songs that have been released in stereo on imports from other countries. I'm talking about putting stereo versions on the SACDs. Why would ABKCO remaster this whole catalog and only release true stereo versions of some songs and not others? On 12x5 they put Around and Around, Confessin' the Blues, Empty Heart, It's All Over Now, 2120 South Michigan, If You Need Me, in stereo for the first time, but they leave both US and UK Out Of Our Heads in all mono when at least half of the songs on both albums were recorded in stereo. Why did ABKCO do this with 12x5 and not Out Of Our Heads? I am sorry, but I think it's a valid question. Maybe you know this already, but everthing the Stones recorded at either RCA Studios in Hollywood, or Chess Studios in Chicago, were recorded in true stereo.

They did the same thing with Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass). Some songs are in stereo for the first time and others that were recorded in stereo they left in mono, like The Last Time, As Tears Go By, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Satisfaction, Play With Fire. My own opinion is that ABKCO didn't do as good of a job as they could have. What would it be by asking for the true stereo versions of the songs I have on that list? If ABKCO can put out silly remixes of Sympathy For The Devil than I don't think I'm aksing for much. Not to mention that people went out and bought a whole new stereo systems to hear these SACDs and they're still getting mono. I understand that some songs were recorded in mono and stereo versions of those songs don't exist, but what is the reason for still putting out songs in mono that were recorded in stereo? I've heard the true stereo version of Satisfaction and it blows this SACD version to shame. How about this. You can put a lot of music on CDs. Literally hours of music. Why didn't ABKCO put out the early albums in mono (the way they were originally released) and than put stereo versions of songs that were on that same album as bonus tracks.

Rob Weingartner
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)