ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amsterdam 20/08 Postponed Return to archive
08-20-03 12:53 PM
Nellcote http://www.mojo.nl/rollingstones/

CONCERT ROLLING STONES AFGELAST!

ROLLING STONES POSTPONE AMSTERDAM CONCERT

The Rolling Stones announced today (Tuesday, August 20) that their concert performance tonight in Amsterdam Arena has been postponed. The band has already performed 5 concerts in Holland, playing to over 180,000 fans in the last week. The show was postponed under doctor's advice that singer Mick Jagger rest his voice, due to a sore throat resulting from a cold.

Mick Jagger said "We are sorry to disappoint the fans who were planning to come to tonight's show. We will be back in September to do the gig - and will give you a Stones show you'll not forget!

"I will be suitably recharged, recovered and fit for Saturday's kick-off of the UK dates at Twickenham stadium, in our home town," Jagger added.

Mojo Concerts voegt hier aan toe dat de meest waarschijnlijke datum voor het vervangende optreden 22 september a.s. is maar hierover kunnen wij pas a.s. vrijdag meer duidelijkheid geven. Indien bezoekers verhinderd zijn voor de vervangende datum kunnen de kaarten vanaf a.s. zaterdag worden ingeleverd bij de voorverkoopadressen.

Mojo Concerts heeft speciaal hiervoor een gratis informatienummer geopend. Rolling Stones publiek kan met hun vragen bij 0800 - 0095 terecht.

08-20-03 01:56 PM
jb Thanks Nellie...your dutch translation was very good.
08-20-03 02:46 PM
jb your the best jb.
[Edited by jb]
08-20-03 02:47 PM
jb the board is really slow as of late-I am single-handedly keeping it alive.....
08-20-03 02:47 PM
jb You light up my life.
08-20-03 02:48 PM
FotiniD And a funny twist of the story. News are on national greek television, and the newscaster has just announced that the brodcast of the Amsterdam show is off, and in its place, they're gonna show "Gimme Shelter". So he says:

(valuable hint before reading. In greek, the phrase 'old wolf' is used to describe ageless rock stars, such as our boys. So, read on)

"However, don't miss out tonight a documentary on the ageless rock wolf Jimmy Shelter"

Obviously the guy never heard of a song "Gimme Shelter" - landed from Mars?! - though he does recollect the presence of a classic rocker named Jimmy Shelter among the Stones! God!
08-20-03 02:53 PM
jb jackie
08-20-03 03:13 PM
Nellcote JB, has the glue come apart?
08-20-03 03:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, has the glue come apart?

No, the glue is holding firm. Problem is, JB is using it to secure his nose bridge, so to speak.

jb, check my post over at the thing bout club show elitism.... I thought over there was out of hand...

-tSYX --- Here comes your ninteenth nervous breakdown...
08-20-03 07:20 PM
kath josh......you know i really wanted to believe what you told me in chat room...both times! but it's painfully obvious that you are a hopeless dickweed. you post inflammatory crap just to piss people off, here and on shidoobee. here, you post hopelessly inane crap like "i'm schtupping my secretary". and on shidoobee, doug has bloodied his fingers deleting you and all of us who respond to your bullshit. you are a liar and a jerkoff. with any luck at all, we will NEVER meet face to face, but if we do, do NOT expect me to be gracious or polite. i will be in your face so goddamn fast that you won't know what the fuck hit you.

how fuckin' DARE you post shit like you have been doing about keef? you aren't good enough to shine the man's shoes. fuck you where you breathe!

i apologize to the rocks off personnel that this got brought here, but enough from this guy is enough. we can't post our real feelings on shidoobee about josh for reasons we don't understand. and he flat out lied to me in chat room a while back. he just wears me out!!
[Edited by kath]
08-20-03 07:37 PM
KeithRichards210 Josh, why can't you just shut the fuck up? You just have to talk shit, no matter where you post. Bite me.
08-20-03 08:06 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:
Josh, why can't you just shut the fuck up? You just have to talk shit, no matter where you post. Bite me.