ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Weird & Creepy (Phis bassist involved) Return to archive
08-20-03 10:56 AM
Factory Girl
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16381-2003Aug19.html
08-20-03 11:24 AM
egon please 'cut & paste' as can't be asked to register

thanks!
08-20-03 11:46 AM
mac_daddy Exclusive: A Phish On The Hook

NEW YORK, 9:30 p.m. EDT August 19, 2003 - A Phish is on the hook for endangering the welfare of a minor after he allegedly tried to take pictures of a young girl inside a deserted boathouse.

But following private conversations between the band's manager and the child's parents, there's a question about whether the band's bassist, Mike Gordon, will avoid facing that charge.

Gordon, 38, was arrested after being found late at night in a secluded area with a 9-year-old girl. The girl's parents raised an alarm when she disappeared from a backstage area at Jones Beach Theater.

New York State Park Police say Gordon showed a different side after a concert last week by The Dead. Investigators say Gordon -- who calls himself "Cactus" -- was an invited guest backstage at Jones Beach. He was not invited, they say, to take a 9-year-old girl to an isolated location behind the theater.

"The area is actually like a work area for state employees who operate boats out of that area," said Maj. Richard O'Donnell, of the New York State Park Police. "It's a darkened area, not intended for public access."

O'Donnell, who is the region's commanding officer, would not discuss what the bass player told officers when he was found with the child on a dock. But a police report obtained by NewsChannel 4 reveals "The defendant stated he wanted to take 'art photos' of the victim."

Police confirm that Gordon has never been convicted of any crime. Law enforcement sources said that after the band member was arrested, he told officers, "I may have shown bad judgment, but I am not a pedophile."

The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. Gordon was held for police by theater security "and the victim's father's associates -- which the police report decribes as other Hell's Angels members.

When responding to a request for an interview, Phish's manager e-mailed a joint statement from Gordon and the child's parents that reads: "It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Both declined to discuss whether the musician is paying compensation.

When asked by NewsChannel 4 if there was any reasonable explanation for Gordon to have been with the girl at 1:00 AM in a secluded boat house, Maj. O'Donnell of the State Park Police said "I have no explanation for it."

The commander says he "absolutely" stands by the police investigation and has referred the bass player's boathouse rendezvous case to the Nassau County district attorney for prosecution.

The DA's office says the evidence is being evaluated. Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.

I hope this isn't what it looks to be on the surface...

http://www.msnbc.com/local/WNBC/A1747382.asp?cp1=1
08-20-03 11:48 AM
mac_daddy the tapers/phish phans out there might think this is funny (it is a play on alot of the Phish song titles). I saw it on a taper message board, but since the topic is up here now, too, I figured I would post...

performer: Mike Gordon (Solo Performance)
date: 8-18-03
venue: Secluded Boat House, Jones Beach

Set 1:
Boogie On PrePube Woman
Taste > Meat*
Fast Enough for Youth
Seven or Below
Sneaking Sally through the Boat House
Mike's Song > I Am a Pedophile > Don't Tell Pa Groove**

Set 2:
Lonesome Cactus Mike >
Scent of a Minor
Down with Preteens^
All Things Inconsidered
Don't You Wanna Go Home >
Split Open that Ass

E: Bold as Pedophilia^^

* unfinished
** almost caught by random passerby
^ another close call
^^ w/ cops and Hell's Angels

08-20-03 11:51 AM
riffhard64 wow what a freaky story...i hope the Angels gave him a good beating,actually he is lucky to be still breathing cuz if that was my lil girl he would be a dead bass player..."Art Photo's" my ass!
08-20-03 12:13 PM
mac_daddy another qute from taper board:

here's the story i heard:

mike was giving everyone under the sun (from adults to kids) rides on
his IT segway...silly lil scooter...the mother of the 9 yr old
allowed this to happen...this "Secluded Boathouse", is neither
secluded or a boathouse..there was two normal jones beach secuirty
guards there...in case people wanna sneak into the show...(secret
entrance)... mike was just taking pictures of the girl on his
segway...not good judement , but nothing to get crazy about...
...after ten minutes the girls mother starts freakin out..."were's
my daughter"...(mind you the mother was induced with something, eyes
bulging, lip biting)...mother calls her husband, a hells angel...ten
minutes later there are 5 angels making there way through
security...mike is confronted...grabbed by the thoat and on his
knees getting kicked at...the VIP security guards got in the middle
and explained that mike was a celeb, and was a film maker...the
funniest part is this...the angels wanted to break his segway, so
the one secuirty guard put it in his car and its been sitting in
wantagh for the last week and a half...after all of this the
daughter explained nothing happended and that was that...long story
short...bad judgement, unlucky for mike the girls dad was a hells
angel, a quick rush to judgement, few kicks to the nizzuts...."my
bad"
08-20-03 12:16 PM
mac_daddy final quote:

i was hoping this topic wouldn't make it over to this board and would
stay on RMP, but...

Yes, this is all trumped up beyond belief...the 'secluded boathouse'
bit is particularly amusing as it obviously attempts to exagerate
the situation; the area is part of the backstage and is not
'secluded' by any stretch...the girls mother deserves to be brought
up on charges; the girls father is a hells angel, and angels (like a
few other people unfortunately) almost hope for a situation like
this to justify a violent response...also amusing that the 'story'
broke 10 days after the incident, and we are yet to see the
'photos'...

best advice for anyone intrigued by this is this: log onto RMP and
indulge your celeb-bashing cravings...
08-20-03 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones Oh God, here come the "Pete's looking for a bassist" jokes.

Yuck.
08-20-03 12:27 PM
Factory Girl Hey, Lazy-Pete does need a bassist
08-20-03 12:41 PM
Lazy Bones

Shhh.
08-20-03 02:36 PM
jb Katrina Van Hueler