ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amsterdam Broadcast cancelled! Return to archive
08-19-03 11:36 AM
marko Fuckers,its cancelled!It was in german at the iorr,but
i think i got,something to do with european union laws or
something,you fuckers.Only good thing during this week.
That means,more movies to rent!
08-19-03 11:39 AM
jb SDH?

08-19-03 11:45 AM
twicks1 Like our friend Mick once sang, "Cry me a river."

Ha!
08-19-03 11:48 AM
jb mARKO, WILL THIS EFFECT THE BOOT?
08-19-03 11:50 AM
dealer squealing Im so dissapointed,,,, im gonna go home from work and sleep

bastards, why did they have to fuck this up? i thought that wa had enough of cansellations so far!
08-19-03 11:53 AM
jb Did you expect anything else? Since when have their fans ever gotten "satisfaction".
08-19-03 11:58 AM
hmps WHAT?

do you mean it's gone. no more. kapput. it's not airing?
08-19-03 12:30 PM
FotiniD You mean cancelled for all TV channels around the world?

Oh don't do this to me! I've been waiting for it like mad, since I couldn't get to the Amsterdam shows
08-19-03 12:53 PM
jb yes...cancelled throughout the world....:>
08-19-03 12:53 PM
hmps "Dokumentären i kväll kl 21.00 i SVT1 ersätts med Eva Cassidy - Live at the Blues Alley, en konsert som ingick i det tidigare sända programmet Eva Cassidy - sångängel."

this means:

"The documentary is being replace with Eva Cassidy - Live at the Blues Alley, a concert which was a part of the previously shown episode Eva Cassidy - the angel of song"

First they cancel the f¤cking show. then they're trying to f#cking torture me with eva cassidy.. this is the worst shit. I'm seriously considering hiring an hitman. EBU sucks ass.
08-19-03 01:18 PM
Gazza >You mean cancelled for all TV channels around the world?

Oh don't do this to me! I've been waiting for it like mad, since I couldn't get to the Amsterdam shows

if its an EBU regulation, then surely it only applies to non-EC countries - of which,Finland is one. I'd imagine its still being broadcast elsewhere,most notably in holland

08-19-03 01:38 PM
padre GODDAMNFUCK!!!!!
08-19-03 01:46 PM
Gazza apparently its TOTALLY cancelled EVERYWHERE in Europe due to the Stones and EBU not being able to agree on a contract

Thanks,Stones - knew we could rely on you!
[Edited by Gazza]
08-19-03 01:49 PM
hmps yes.. this really sucks.
I'll just have to do something else...

08-19-03 01:53 PM
Lazy Bones Although will probably be edited to hell and possibly not as a complete show, isn't this the show "rumoured" as one of the 3 shows for the DVD?
08-19-03 03:39 PM
FotiniD The funny thing is the national channel here in Greece featured a news report about an hour ago which said they will broadcast the show tomorrow at 23.00 (Greek time).

Judging by the situation, they probably forgot to replace the video on the news show and inform there's not going to be a broadcast - but I'm still hoping something might change until tomorrow; well, a girl can dream!
08-20-03 01:17 AM
masoudi The swedish text which was translated by HMPS above relates to the documentary of the three shows from munich which was being aired on the 20th of August. The amsterdam show wasnt being shown until the 23rd of August in sweden according to IORR reports. My understanding from that article is the documentary has been cancelled. It says nothing about the Live amsterdam show???

News to follow I guess but has HMPS got confused with the documentary on the 20th whcih they have canned

Brendon
08-20-03 03:35 AM
marko The Real reason IS,release it on DVD,gready bastards!
08-20-03 03:47 AM
UGot2Rollme If it's cancelled, then why is it still listed as being broadcast on RTL4 website?

http://www.rtl.nl/shows/staatsloterijshow/
08-20-03 04:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
If it's cancelled, then why is it still listed as being broadcast on RTL4 website?

http://www.rtl.nl/shows/staatsloterijshow/

That's one good question. Also, Greek TV says it's on, they had the report last night as mentioned in my previous post, then they showed an ad for today's show, then the radio announced it this morning, saying it will broadcast tonight. So I guess it's on (?) Tell you what, another on/off like this and I'll lose my mind
08-20-03 04:13 AM
marko Finish Text Tv says that its cancelled!??what the fuck is going on?

ON or OFF?
08-20-03 06:07 AM
FotiniD I found another confirmation that it's supposed to be on, at least on greek tv: http://www.in.gr/news/article.asp?lngEntityID=477325&lngDtrID=253

Unfortunately, the article is only in Greek. It says that the Amsterdam show is going to be shown tonight, blah blah blah about the tour, when it started, where it has taken them and about the sold-out shows in England.

Patience, a 'to-be-or-not-to-be-on-DVD' decision comes first

Only a few hours left to know!
08-20-03 06:10 AM
egon RADIO is cancelled, but on dutch TV it's still on
(don't know for other countries)

they couldn't agree on the rights...

http://www2.telegraaf.nl/prive/article3580371.ece

www.freetranslation.com
08-20-03 06:23 AM
dealer squealing There must have been some scandal that happened, i don´t believe the DVD reason, because the contract was signed long ago and the show was about to happen. They would not think a day before the broadcast ,"hey we don´t make enough money on the DVD if we broadcast this", common they put the St Louis on video and also the Miami show from 1994, both broadcasted!
08-20-03 06:28 AM
egon http://www.ad.nl/artikelen/Nieuws/1061356895391.html

it's not really live on dutch tv, but 45 minutes later
due to a football match!