ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vredenburg,Utrecht 16/8 - setlist,pics and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-17-03 07:22 PM
Angiegirl Yes, wasn't it the BEST crowd last night??? Wow, and everywhere you stood you had perfect view, had plenty of room left to dance, it was great!!! Ronnie was sooooo amazing, I couldn't believe it. I just stood there in awe about what he was getting out on stage. Unbelievable. And Jagger, my God, how can he get even better every time! And the way Charlie beat his drums at the end of satisfaction, furious.

Dance was very very tight, all arms raised on 'Get up, get out!'. Hand of Fate was so much better, Worried was very cool, Mick's falsetto even better and clearer, That's how strong was the best ever, Jagger was on fire, kept going, giving everything he had. I felt it all through my body. CYHMK was even better than in Ahoy, Ronnie with his eyes closed and I really like the sound of his new Woody guitar on Knocking. Saint was great to hear, I was hoping they'd play it again, the crowd singing was amazing, and very funny. The 'group hug' was sweet and funny too, lol. I thought Keith was a bit quiet and introvert leaving the stage to Ronnie. WE ARE SO LUCKY!!! Been thinking about and enjoying the show in my mind all day and it's getting better and better the more I recall of it!

All people I know thru the Stones shows were there, it was special. Dutch celebs were standing among the fans and nobody even cared about them. How could we, as we were seeing these amazing Stones. I still can't believe it. O my God...

O, and Keef was standing at the side of the stage (in the opening where they come out on stage) during the support act, The Vue, standing there, smoking weed, glancing around the venue to all the seats, all around, great.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
08-18-03 02:00 AM
sammy davis jr. Geez....does the guy smoke weed EVERY NIGHT? Think they're might be a connection between the weed and the botched song intro's?
08-18-03 04:22 AM
egon http://www.ad.nl/artikelen/VrijeTijd/1061097700686.html

www.freetranslation.com
08-18-03 05:43 AM
brianisnotdead

And another photo.

See www.shattered.nl

08-18-03 06:48 AM
dealer squealing I hope some of those who have thought that Keith and Ronnie play bad( keith some sort of an act and Ronnie Clown) can now face he fact that they are STILL THE BEST RīN R PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!
08-18-03 07:37 AM
marko How was Thief in the night?
08-18-03 08:36 AM
Zeeta The're so god dam good they can't stop!!!!

Fuck me this sound MINT!

They are PEAKING for the homecoming shows!!!

YESSSSSS
08-18-03 09:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy From that link above:

"Vooral dat laatste segment vormde een hoogtepunt van het intieme optreden. Tijdens That's how strong my love is draafde en kronkelde Mick Jagger over het podium, grommend en schreeuwend als James Brown in zijn topjaren. Een werkelijk ontroerend moment, waarin even de prille, ongeremde Mick Jagger van medio jaren 60 doorschemerde. Dankzij de kleinschaligheid bood het optreden ook een fraai kijkje in de keuken van de legendarische rockband.

Het fundament onder de groep werd gevormd door de betrouwbare slagwerker Charlie Watts en de basvirtuoos Daryll Jones (ex-Miles Davis). Keith Richards bleek als gitarist ook nog redelijk bij de les. Zijn kompaan Ron Wood leek regelmatig last te hebben van black-outs en staarde soms minutenlang voor zich uit, zonder een noemenswaardige bijdrage aan de muziek te leveren.

Wanneer de (alcoholische?) dampen even optrokken leverde hij toch regelmatig prachtige solo's af. Hij stal bovendien de show door halverwege het optreden in een vuurrood T-shirt op te komen, met de opdruk: multi talented. De gitarist is tevens kunstschilder - of wij dat maar niet wilden vergeten.

De absolute ster van de avond was echter Mick Jagger zelf. Goed bij stem en graatmager bespeelde hij het publiek, hield zijn collega's bij de les en wist het halverwege een nummer nog aan te leggen met een beeldschone dame op de tribune. Een oude vos die zijn streken nog lang niet is verleerd."

I have no idea what this says, but I think it's "thumbs up everyone except Ronnie, who gets a thumbs sideways". But overall, that review from ad.nl seems pretty favorable.

-tSYX --- I can say she's alllll right...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
08-18-03 09:59 AM
Moonisup he mentions that Ronnie was drunk, hahahahaha, but he wasn't he was 'just' stoned
08-18-03 10:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot I've just noticed a common thread between all of the small theatre shows...."That's How Strong My Love Is" seems to just KILL everyone who witnesses it.

It certainly made an impression on me at Roseland. It is one of the finest song performances that I've ever seen. And it seems from the reviews that have been posted that nothing changed...it's still a killer.
08-18-03 11:14 AM
jb I don't know SS, heard it in Miami and was not impressed.
08-18-03 11:18 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
dealer squealing wrote:
I hope some of those who have thought that Keith and Ronnie play bad( keith some sort of an act and Ronnie Clown) can now face he fact that they are STILL THE BEST RīN R PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!

When they want to be.

Which seems to be only in clubs and occasionally arenas.

-tSYX --- Yeah you got (bah-dah-dah-dah) satin shoes...
08-18-03 11:25 AM
bootcover

Some screen shots from tv:

08-18-03 12:01 PM
dealer squealing TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
"When they want to be.

Which seems to be only in clubs and occasionally arenas."

That has always been the case, they have had off nights in earlier tours also, like the 5.th 6th and 7th shows of november in New Jersy 1981 clears.
08-18-03 01:33 PM
marko yeah Jb,but miami is the worst show of the tour,with 3
aussie show.
08-18-03 06:41 PM
Maxlugar FYI

I need a boot of this show ASAP.

TIA!

'Y
08-18-03 07:01 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Macky, security was insanely tight. I don't think anyone made it.

And your avatar gets more disturbing by the day. I just realized that:

A) Your pants are partway down and
B) There's a portion blacked-out.

How did you ever get this photo developed?

Developing...

-tSYX --- Ohhhhhhhh girl... you have no faith in medicine...
08-19-03 01:07 AM
midnightmagic Sounds like, looks like, smells like, and feels like the best one of the tour. I can only say I wish I was there. Somebody had to record it and I am sure we will find out first on this board-please.
08-19-03 03:51 AM
Diedre Just thought I'd add a translation of the Dutch news article, run through the freetranslation.com site. It's still not in English, but that makes it even better:

Especially that last segment formed a high point of the intimate action. During That' s how strong my praise is trotted and twisted Mick Jagger over the stage, growling and screaming as James Brown in its topjaren. A really moving moment, in which just the early, unrestrained Mick Jagger of mid years 60 shone through. Thanks to the kleinschaligheid offered the act also a fine look in the kitchen of the legendary rockband.

The foundation under the group was formed through the betrouwbare blow worker Charlie Watts and the basvirtuoos Daryll Jones (ex-Miles Davis). Keith Richards appeared as gitarist also yet reasonably there the lesson. Its kompaan Ron Wood appeared to have regular burden of black-outs and stared sums minutenlang for self out, without a note-worthy contribution at the music furnishing.

When the (alcoholic?) steam just pulled up furnished he really regular beautiful solos off. He stole moreover the show through halfway the action in a crimson T-SHIRT on to come, with the overprint: multi talented. The gitarist is also painter - or we that but not wanted to forget.

The absolute star of the evening was however Mick Jagger self. Good by voice and graatmager he played on the public, held its colleagues by the lesson and knew it halfway a number yet at to lay with a gorgeous lady on the bleachers. An old fox that are not regions yet long is lose the knack of.

08-19-03 06:10 AM
luxury1 I dont care for that horsey shirt Mick is wearing.
08-19-03 09:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great pix Bootcover!!! and Now this is the VIP package provided by lucky Albert

08-20-03 12:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now this great art a'la Vincent Van Gogh by Albert

He sent me the hi-resolution image just in case someone wants it to print and iron on a new t-shirt, so just e-mail me or PM-me and I will upload it
08-21-03 11:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat What more is there to say about this show?

I thought Olympia was the best I was ever going to see, but Vredenburg.....Musically, it was so much better. I don't have the energy to make a song by song review (in fact, I don't have the energy to do anything at all, but take some rest, cos Rik and I will be off to London next Monday). I have to admit, that the Olympia show touched me more, maybe cos I heared all the gems there for the first time.

Vredenburg proofed they can still pull it off if they want to. I'm very glad and lucky to be able to be there.
Good thing that all my Stones friends were in, it felt like a reunion.
Page: 1 2