ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Club Show Snobbery? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-19-03 02:43 PM
Mother baby Congradulations. JB must be feeling pretty giggy right now....like Sir Edmund Hillary getting ready for the final assault ON Everest oR Lindberg getting ready to land in Paris. Even Sir Stonesalot, in all his smugness, won't top that mile stone.
08-19-03 03:41 PM
T&A just tossing in my $.02 on the topic. I'm one of those who has seen about 30 shows beginning in 1981. All through the years I considered it pure fantasy to be able to see them in a small venue. In fact when I plunked down $350 to see them at the MGM Grand (about 10,000 seater) in Vegas in '94 (smallest show they had played, aside from warmup shows since 81) I thought that would be the most intimate experience I'd ever have with the Stones. So when the miracle of miracles happened last year and I wound up scoring $50 tickets to both the Oprheum and Wiltern on the same day - well, let's just say I felt the Gods were smiling on this ol' fan that day. Smugness? Don't think so. I consider myself a rare, died-in-the-wool fan (like most of those on this site). The Stones have been THE most important interest of mine (aside from family) for 25 years. I regarded my luck in scoring theater tickets as somehow fair payment for my quarter-century of devotion....
[Edited by T&A]
08-19-03 04:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Even Sir Stonesalot, in all his smugness, won't top that mile stone. <

Why would I want to top it?

3/4 of JBs posts are twaddle. Only about 1/4 of mine are twaddle. If we talk QUALITY over quantity...I have JB beat by a mile. He can't compete with me when it comes to quality. I'd much rather be considered the smart, witty, cool guy that I am, than the dingbat that JB is considered.

Oh yeah, don't forget...Bono is a twat.
08-19-03 04:34 PM
Joey " I'd much rather be considered the smart, witty, cool guy that I am ................"

You are much loved by the Joey .

By the way , don't you think Fleabit looks a little like Walter Becker ???????????????????????????

I thought so .

JACKY !
08-19-03 07:58 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

3/4 of JBs posts are twaddle. Only about 1/4 of mine are twaddle. If we talk QUALITY over quantity...I have JB beat by a mile. He can't compete with me when it comes to quality. I'd much rather be considered the smart, witty, cool guy that I am, than the dingbat that JB is considered.

Yes...LOL...if....but in this case we ARE talking about quanity, are we not? That's the point I think.

"A small step for a poster, a giant step for Rock's Off"

I'm quite looking forward to The Rollover.

(oh I'm sorry that was "giant leap"...)

[Edited by Mother baby]
08-19-03 10:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm chiseling a monument for the guy as we speak.

I call it..."The Ego".

He's the only guy I know who has a bigger ego than me.
08-19-03 11:24 PM
Mother baby A monument.....??? Well we're not going quite that far, but we are closing the office early that (Rollover) day, have a few beers or maybe even crack a champaine bottle in honor of this most remarkable event....

Oh yeah that reminds me, I'll have to instruct the secretary to pick up the balloons, confetti and streamers.
If I'm not mistaken I still got some firecrackers left over from the 4th, have to check the crate.
[Edited by Mother baby]
08-20-03 12:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Firecrackers?

Those things are against the law in PA. I think I can even get a ticket just reading about them.
08-20-03 01:07 PM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh yeah, don't forget...Bono is a twat.

SS! I have the BEST story for you!!!

It involves me, my husband, our visit to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, AND Bono! LMAO...

I'll have to write to you later and fill ya in!
(You'll be sooooo proud...)
08-20-03 01:26 PM
jb SS-I'm disappointed ...we are" friends" and you should be sharing in my accomplishment.
08-20-03 01:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot JB, your kids are something to be proud of.

Posting 5000 messages on a board is nothing. Stop obsessing about minutia. You sound like Jerry Seinfeld.
08-20-03 01:46 PM
jb I never had my eye on your # of posts. I was aiming to pass Max and his semi-retirement propelled me ahead. I am not comparing this with the birth of my children, but it is a major accomplishment and I think you should have offered me a prize as you have for others with significantly less meaningful accomplishments.
08-20-03 03:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I think you are becoming unhinged, jb.

No, seriously. Reading your recent posts has been eeeeeever so slightly disturbing.

Take a break for a week or something, buy lots of ice-cold margaritas or whatever your drink of choice is, have fun, take the kids out somewhere.

----

As for club show snobbery?

People who get in should be *thankful*, but not to the point of *snobbishness* or *elitism*. I'm happy I got to see the Stones *anywhere*.

-tSYX --- Ev'rybody... needs somebody...
08-20-03 03:19 PM
jb I am undergoing some personal issues , but I try to not let it effect my posting and professional life as I must continue to earn atleast 500k a year to keep things going.
08-20-03 03:28 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
I am undergoing some personal issues , but I try to not let it effect my posting and professional life as I must continue to earn atleast 500k a year to keep things going.

Well, if you want it to try and not affect your life, why not step back for awhile? You're going a bit nuts on the board here. I know you love the attention, good or bad, but really, man. Take a break, for your own sake, huh? It's gettin' ugly. With your so-called social 'need to post' on hold for a little while, you can devote that time to relaxing instead of panicking about work and your *ahem* other personal affairs.

-tSYX --- Well, you're the kinda person you meet at certain dismal dull affairs...
08-20-03 03:32 PM
jb Please explain your comments? My posts are less offensive than ever.
08-20-03 03:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Please explain your comments? My posts are less offensive than ever.

No, it's not about offensive, it's about just wackiness. A five-post conversation with oneself and a demand for some sort of reward for reaching 5,000 posts seems a little wacky, even for you, and I know you've got quite an offbeat sense of humor. I'm saying that you look like you're coming unglued. So if you are, take a break. That's all.

-tSYX --- Slip kid, slip kid, second generation...
08-20-03 03:59 PM
jb Truthfully, ever since the JT affair, I have had a hard time taking the band serious. On top of that, the continuing decline in Keith and Ronnie's "re-lapse" offer very little hope for the future. Top that off with a god awful remix of SFTD and Keith following his daughters' wishes to play with every pop group imaginable, and yes, I would say i am coming unglued. Remember TSXY, you have only been a fan for 2-3 years, guys like me are seeing their heros for some 30 plus years fall apart....
08-20-03 04:11 PM
Joey " guys like me are seeing their heros for some 30 plus years fall apart.... "

WTF ?!?!?!?!

The boys are stronger than ever ..........

You want falling apart ????? :

http://archive.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2002/06/28/entwistle/

Spanky !
08-20-03 04:21 PM
gypsy jb, don't be such a Bono.
By the way, what's up with the secretary thing? You sure are posting an awful lot. I'm assuming that said secretary is sitting on your lap or underneath your desk.
[Edited by gypsy]
08-20-03 04:25 PM
jb you are so hot, I can never be mad at you...
08-20-03 04:25 PM
Joey " jb, don't be such a Bono. "

www.keithmoon.com

08-20-03 05:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy JACKY!

What did I *tell* you about raiding the Salon archives?

You know they liked "Masked And Anonymous"... they are too much like The Petey for your own good!

And now, this:

-tSYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXyzzy (X-treme X-rated Xdition) --- Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
08-20-03 09:01 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Firecrackers?

Those things are against the law in PA. I think I can even get a ticket just reading about them.

Well I think they're illegal here in Maine too. But I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted. I wouldn't know how to celebrate a Fourth of July without them.
08-20-03 09:25 PM
parmeda
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
As for club show snobbery?

People who get in should be *thankful*, but not to the point of *snobbishness* or *elitism*. I'm happy I got to see the Stones *anywhere*.

Yes and No, Xyzzy...

All I can say is that if I were fortunate enough to have been able to snag a ticket for a club show...I would be dancing in a cage or ontop of a table with my ticket in my teeth. (Talk about scoring!) I don't think I would have been snobbish, but instead blissfully happier than hell

Being that that hasn't happened...I am very happy and slightly jealous for those that have been LUCKY to have had the opportunity. BUT...only for the true die-hards that have been blessed. NOT the corporate/celebrities/have-no-fuckin-clue-what-song-was-just-played assholes that waltzed their ways into the clubs. Now that, is what I consider to be snobbish.
08-20-03 10:17 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
jb wrote:
you are so hot, I can never be mad at you...

Joey is a hottie - isn't he?

Josh - I think you have been coming unglued ever since you adopted that Saint Sebatian avatar.
08-21-03 10:14 AM
Joey " Joey is a hottie - isn't he?

Josh - I think you have been coming unglued ever since you adopted that Saint Sebatian avatar. "

Dande ..................You are much loved by the Joesy !

SKEE !
08-21-03 02:40 PM
gypsy When jb's going at it with his secretary, he's thinking of joey? That's a step up from Susanna Hoffs.
08-21-03 02:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
You sure are posting an awful lot.

Wow...NOW that's an understatement...LOL...!!!!!!

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
08-21-03 03:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot >That's a step up from Susanna Hoffs.<

I'm going to see the Bangles later this year. Would it be impolite to masturbate during the show?
Page: 1 2 3