ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Street Fighting Man by Ramones - Bonus track inside Return to archive
08-22-02 07:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In addition to the "Out of Time" cover released with the Acid Eaters album now a new album by Ramones was released with "Street Fighting Man" as a bonus track.

It was previously released only as a B-Side Of Howling At The Moon Or Chasing The Night and the maxy single with Howling At The Moon/ Smash You/ Street Fighting Man 1985 (Beggar's Banquest) both released only in the UK

Download MP3 or listen on line

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-22-02 07:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops I didn't mention the album. it's Too Tough Too Die

08-22-02 07:51 PM
gypsymofo60 Gottta be better than 'Rage Against The Machine's version..OUCH!
08-23-02 09:30 AM
stonedinaustralia the ramones do "street fighting man" - this i gotta hear - although i can almost hear it now and i think it sounds pretty good...but you never can tell

I thought RAM's take was ok ... the music was good tho the vocals got a bit "shouty" but it was cool, i mean, at least they played it

they ripped "the ghost of old tom joad" - that stuff moved -the genuine article (imo) - it almost made me lose my mind

with a hell hound on my trail

thanx for the tip voodoochile

"too tough to die" hey?! ha ha ha

08-23-02 09:34 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
the ramones do "street fighting man" - this i gotta hear - although i can almost hear it now and i think it sounds pretty good...but you never can tell

I thought RAM's take was ok ... the music was good tho the vocals got a bit "shouty" but it was cool, i mean, at least they played it

they ripped "the ghost of old tom joad" - that stuff moved -the genuine article (imo) - it almost made me lose my mind

with a hell hound on my trail

thanx for the tip voodoochile

"too tough to die" hey?! ha ha ha

....'Kick Out The Jams' was pretty good though!......MC-5 were never big here in OZ......Shame!
08-23-02 09:50 AM
stonedinaustralia but then it wasn't really "big" anywhere was it? i became aware of it circa '76 belonging as i do to the * * generation

gmf60 were you here (aus.) when the saints,birdman,birthday party was going down

apologies for no discernable stones content

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-23-02 12:15 PM
Nasty Habits No discernable Stones content? When you talk rawk, you always have some discernable Stones content! Hey SIA, I am AS WE SPEAK listening to the awesome brutality of the New Race - members of Radio Birdman touring with Stooges guitar player and MC5 drummer in the summer of, what was it, '82 or something? Whenever Birdman broke. Australian punk roars. Have you ever heard the Fun Things or X? Too much.

Street Fighting Man by the Ramones from the Too Tough to Die period! How wonderful! Thanks for the tip, Voodoo. I will order it today when I stock Stones remasters! Too Tough To Die is the Ramones' best post Road to Ruin LP! No Go! Wart Hog! Durango '95. Genius!

There's no law anymore! I want to steal from the rich and give to the poor!

Nasty

08-23-02 12:36 PM
gotdablouse As a side note:
"Oops I didn't mention the album. it's Too Tough Too Die "

Turns out these guys overestimated themselves slightly since at least two of them are now dead ahed of their time.

Never really listened to them and this pathetic cover won't make me change my mind ! Sounds like theb singer's chewing some cardboard or something ?!
08-23-02 12:46 PM
Funky Punk Woman I downloaded the MP3 file and is great, thanks Voodoo. Never heard it before and I love them.
08-23-02 06:56 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Have you ever heard the Fun Things or X? Too much.

hey there nasty h my friend - do you mean the u.s. "X" or the aus. one - i saw the aus. version a couple of times... brutal and uncompromising with total chaos just a beat away

i saw new race in '82 not bad but nothing like seeing birdman three nights running back in '77 in a relatively small pub - i was never the same again after that first night - i still haven't, to this day, really shaken off the effect it had on me - for good or ill - and i'm not really sure i want to (again, for good or ill)...

cheers

08-23-02 08:49 PM
Nasty Habits I speak of the Australian X, who for Stones content purposes recorded a live version of Not Fade Away on their recently reissued live album that Morphius records just put out. I had never heard these guys until last year, when their Aspirations album finally became available on vinyl again. What an amazing band. They are completely brutal and have a real "we don't give a fahk" swagger about them that reminds me of our Stones. Cross pollinated with Gang of Four, natch. Am now completely enamored with them, as their At Home with X album just came out here again. Great, wild, and very ambitious record. Not in the same total rock and roll league with Aspirations, but very fine music nonetheless.

As far as seeing Birdman back in the day in a small pub, I know a number of folks over here who would give entire patches of flesh from their bodies to have done that. They were a very exciting live band, if you believe what you hear on the bootlegs. Studio recordings don't quite match up.

I've been selling a great double Australian rock and roll comp called Do the Pop to my rabid rock audiences over here. The first CD, especially, is something else.

Did you ever catch the Saints?

Nasty ol' Nasty
08-23-02 08:57 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
but then it wasn't really "big" anywhere was it? i became aware of it circa '76 belonging as i do to the * * generation

gmf60 were you here (aus.) when the saints,birdman,birthday party was going down

apologies for no discernable stones content

.....I used to go and see Radio Birdman every time they played in Morwell, which was quite often.....Great fucking band!........"book 'im Danno!"
08-23-02 09:15 PM
stonedinaustralia nasty, unfortunately, no i never caught the saints - "i'm stranded" (particularly the single) sure has it all doesn't it and it more than holds it own when seen in the same light as anything off "never mind the bollocks", "the ramones" or any other so-called seminal "punk" record don't you think?
08-23-02 09:34 PM
gypsymofo60 Stonedinaustralia, there was a 4 hour special last night on the birth of British Punk, did you catch it?
08-23-02 10:04 PM
stonedinaustralia no i missed that one

what was it like - who produced it - any revelations??
08-23-02 11:24 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
no i missed that one

what was it like - who produced it - any revelations??

.....It was on that Optus channel ABC/FLY..Alot of it appeared to be Julien Temple stuff, along with various other directors; kind of a montage, d'ya know what I mean?
08-23-02 11:29 PM
gypsymofo60 On the topic of cover versions- are there any that stand out?....I quite like GNRS Sympathy. I've got that 'Jagger, Richard Song book CD, whatya think of it?
08-24-02 12:40 AM
stonedinaustralia well that's a whole other topic which has been aired not a few times previously...there are tons of them - UNCUT magazine had an edition not so long ago with all these people doing stones covers e.g.

the ramones - out of tome

the mc5 - empty heart

johnny thunders - as tears go by!!

lambchop - backstreet girl

and a whole bunch of other's (and most of it not that good for mine) but the pick of the lot(imo) was the cowboy junkies "dead flowers" - slowed down to half the pace of the original, a nice touch of zydeco style accordian and slide/steelguitar - sad & sweet!! and i really like the sound of the singer's voice and being female she adds a nice change of perspective to the lyric

i liked the take they did of "sweet jane" too

08-24-02 01:20 AM
gypsymofo60 Johnny Thunders did 'As Tears Go By'? I've gotta hear that one day.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road