ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UNSUNG HERO..so far... Return to archive
08-22-02 04:16 PM
Stonesprofessor None other than Allen Klein [BOO]'s son,Jody...He seems to have a true interest in preserving the Stones legacy..First he went thru the incredible hassles of putting together the RNR CIRCUS for release [no small task either ....there were a LOT of legal issues concerning that release]..now with the expanded GIMME SHELTER and these remasters, he truly has done a LOT to upgrade ABKCO's catalog..Whereas it seemed that Allen Klein never really seemed to care that much...It really seems [so far] that hes done this remasters thing properly..even to the point of putting out the UK versions of AFTERMATH and BETWEEN THE BUTTONS.....the only better thing would have been to reconstruct and release the british EPS on one disc...the got LIVE if you want it EP is a true masterpiece that is still in pieces....and 5X5 by itself makes a statement too....one that 12X5 curiously dilutes....
08-22-02 06:08 PM
glencar So that's who was responsible? Nice job, Jody K! I can't wait to get the Limey versions of the new SACDs.
08-22-02 06:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im looking forwrd to getting the "Limey" versions too!

Intresting though, where does that name come from?

Be careful what you say though, im English!

Alex
08-22-02 08:28 PM
Stonesprofessor 'Limey' comes from the 1700s,when British sailors were given limes in their rations to keep from getting scurvy..
08-22-02 08:29 PM
Fiji Joe "Limey"...that's a funny word..real friggin' funny...I think it comes from mal-nourished pasty white englishmen eating limes on ships to ward off the dreaded scurvey, or scabies, or the clap or something.

08-22-02 09:28 PM
nankerphelge What about man-breasts?
08-22-02 09:46 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
What about man-breasts?

I think the word u are looking for there is "Macca", Nank

Mark
08-22-02 09:51 PM
nankerphelge Does Sir Paul have titties? I never noticed really!
I have so little to do with the Beatles -- (I'm with jb on this one) -- I have ignored Paul quite handily for many years now!

08-22-02 09:56 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Does Sir Paul have titties? I never noticed really!
I have so little to do with the Beatles -- (I'm with jb on this one) -- I have ignored Paul quite handily for many years now!

I try Nank, I do but every time I turn on the tv, he seems to be in front of the camera...

Mark
08-22-02 10:23 PM
BILL PERKS Now that Sir Paul has married Peg-Leg,you think he'll take some of that billion dollars and get her teeth fixed?
08-22-02 11:58 PM
Maxlugar The Beatles suck so bad my scrotum hurts just thinking about them.

By the way, Bukkake? Not good. Bukkake not good!!!

Maxy no like Bukkake!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma ....

MAXY!

FUCK YUP!
08-23-02 12:02 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
"Limey"...that's a funny word..real friggin' funny...I think it comes from mal-nourished pasty white englishmen eating limes on ships to ward off the dreaded scurvey, or scabies, or the clap or something.

...Yeah! Those same pasty white Englishmen who ruled the world Methinks!
08-23-02 12:19 AM
Maxlugar I hear ya Gypsymofo!

Those "Pastey white English dudes" fucking made this world what it is today. The whole western world (which is to say the whole civilizied world) owes a big debt to the English man. Why, Maxy himslef bought an antique British Jungle Carbine (No. 5 MK1 1946) on his vacation for $200.00 today.

The British kicked major ass. I wish they would get serious again like Margaret Thatcher but I guess Blair aint that bad. Just a douche.

I wish I brought Arthur up to the mountains with me!!!

Maxy and his Jungle Carbine are Stones fans! And Kinks fans! Nasty Habits, sing me home!

YES!

FUCK YUP!

08-23-02 12:57 AM
gotdablouse He'd be a true hero if he put out stuff like:
- Panama Powder Room
- English Summer
- Toss The Coin
- Old Glory,
etc...
08-23-02 01:08 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I hear ya Gypsymofo!

Those "Pastey white English dudes" fucking made this world what it is today. The whole western world (which is to say the whole civilizied world) owes a big debt to the English man. Why, Maxy himslef bought an antique British Jungle Carbine (No. 5 MK1 1946) on his vacation for $200.00 today.

The British kicked major ass. I wish they would get serious again like Margaret Thatcher but I guess Blair aint that bad. Just a douche.

I wish I brought Arthur up to the mountains with me!!!

Maxy and his Jungle Carbine are Stones fans! And Kinks fans! Nasty Habits, sing me home!

YES!

FUCK YUP!

.....Great minds think alike! So you're into the old firearms hey! Used to do a bit of the bang, bang meself. Thatcher was a fucking witch, tryed to kill the working class in a single generation, and very nearly succeded. And yeah! The Kinks rocked, so did The Yardbirds....Give my regards to Jeremiah Johnson...fucking love that flick, all the best gypsymofo60.
08-23-02 07:38 AM
Mathijs >None other than Allen Klein [BOO]'s son,Jody...
stonesprofessor: Jody is Klein's daughter, not son.

>He seems to have a true interest in preserving the Stones >legacy..First he went thru the incredible hassles of >putting together the RNR CIRCUS for release [no small task >either

There were no hassles involved -it was just a matter of "oh look what I found here in this closet". Jagger did not want it to be released, but he had no power over it.

>now with the expanded GIMME SHELTER and these remasters, >he truly has done a LOT to upgrade ABKCO's catalog

Klein did everything in his power to STOP the making of the remastered version! The rights to GS belong to the Maysles Brothers, and not Klein, so there wasn't a lot he could do about it. BUT, Maysles wanted to include footage of Stray Cat Blues and Live With Me, but Klein forbid Maysles to use that. Therefore, the bonus material on the remastered version is just songs by other authers than the Stones, thus covers.

Mathijs

08-23-02 10:08 AM
Stonesprofessor Releasing videos is a LOT harder than releasing music...first of all , you need to get releases from EVERYONE involved* a VERY involved piece of business when dealing with massive egos..or their estates-Brian Jones' family,for example, basically holds up for big time cash everyone that tries to release material with Brian in it...also,Klein only complains until someone signs the rights away to their material to him..as he can hold those 63-70 publishing rights over their heads...the rumors I have read, say that Jody [sorry...read she was a male...] has basically taken over the day-to-day operations of ABKCO [Klein is probably in his late 60's...],and has done a lot of arguing with him...trying to convince him to start releasing his tight grip on this stuff..[she/he has also apparently tried to establish a better working relationship with the Stones..although therea LOT of very hard feelings there....]ABKCO is also now releasing superior versions of the Sam Cooke catalog,which also had long been a sore point with music fans

**a lot of releases signed before the early 70's are NOT valid for video.....
08-23-02 10:13 AM
TomL Maybe Sir Paul should get a man bra from Kramer?
08-23-02 10:21 AM
gypsymofo60 alot of Pre 70s video material is actually very good, Original JJF, We Love You,(The whole Oscar Wilde scenario), great stuff!....2000 Light Years From Home, way ahead of thier time. Trouble is; it's all so difficult to come by, taken me; well! 20 years or so to build a video montage....Check out 'Gimme Shelter'..POP GOES THE 60s..pre-Altamont, All Ossie Clarke satin & attitude, who knew what was to come ..Hey?
08-23-02 12:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
TomL wrote:
Maybe Sir Paul should get a man bra from Kramer?

Haha! Indeed! When I saw him live he wore a baggy shirt - hiding something, are we, Dame McCartney?

In all seriousness, don't want to get into Beatles/Stones debates, again, but... dear God! This needs telling. Like confession - Joey, are you in the priesthood yet? Is this a mortal sin?

I picked up, on a whim, the 1976 album "Wings At The Speed Of Sound" in the used section.

I understand why it was there.

The agony! Someone make it stop! Arrrrgh! If I have to listen to "Cook Of The House" or "She's My Baby" (Paul's song, not George and Dylan's most excellent song of the same name) again I may die. The only two passable songs on there are "Let Em In" and "The Note You Never Wrote" - "Note" is actually quite good, I'm thinking of covering it as sort of a Floyd-ish sounding number. It's not even McCartney singing, it's that Moody Blues unsung hero Denny Laine.

What is Denny Laine up to these days, anyway? Poor guy... the Stones should take pity on him or something.

It makes Dirty Work sound like Tchaikovsky (sp).

-tSYX --- But he never gonna get my vote...
08-23-02 03:13 PM
Fiji Joe GypsyMoFo...at least you have the historically accurate sense to speak in the past tense.

Now, about these man breasts, let's get a count of how many of you latent mos' have pressed your hands against my avatar and sighed. Alas, you can't have a the Fiji (insert gratuitous but smack here).
08-23-02 03:16 PM
nankerphelge That's pretty funny!
08-24-02 05:29 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Not sure how we got this far away from STONES....but yes, The Limeys did organise America and left it to The Septics. I'm not sure why The Septics celebrate 'Independence Day'. Perhaps they are like me...I'll drink to anything! Oh and by the way, forget Churchill...Maggie Thatcher saved England from its worst nightmare. But where can we find another 'Maggie' now to save us from The Demon Blair and his crusade to cede sovereignty to europe! Meantime...that Loving Cup video is amazing. Can I hear steel drums in the background? Surely not! Must get the vinyl out and check!
08-24-02 10:29 AM
corgi37 In Australia, we call the English "Poms". Dont know what it stands for though. Usually used in a sentence like: "Ha ha, we beat the Poms at cricket again, bloody grouse eh mate? Your're shout for a tinny". ALso call them "whingeing poms" cause they always moan. "Oh its too hot", "the beers too cold", "too many sharks/spiders/crocodiles" etc. Mind you, they invented the Page 3 girl, so i will always love them.
08-24-02 10:44 AM
swapwoodfortaylor And the South Africans call a crapper The Pommies' Palace! Poms have every right to moan about the beer in Oz. The Ozzies in Earls Court drink chilled sterilised lager when the finest ales known to mankind are available at temperatures appropriate to their flavour.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road