ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: help with don't stop lyrics Return to archive
08-22-02 03:21 PM
moy can't get the lyrics, please help me

give a listen to the ?????? of a cold cold heart
you wrote your name right on my back
but boy her nails were sharp

don't stop don't stop don't stop don't stop

i heard the screams of passion in the long hot summer night
?????? ?????? me with poison ?????? ????? ????? ????? back

well the only request I ask of you is to have a glass of wine
not to leave me in some dirty street and hang me out to die

well I'm losing you, ?????? hearing me from miles away
but there's an opening where once there was a stone

and the only thing that carries here now that I'm away
is love released as terror is their zone

[Edited by moy]
08-22-02 03:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy How does it feel?
How does it feeeeeeeeeeeel?

-tSYX --- A complete unknown...
08-22-02 03:29 PM
moy
08-22-02 03:59 PM
montana Hi Moy! here you are, someone posted it in shidoobee board:

Give a listen to the splurge of a local heart
She vaulted me right on my back, but boy her nails were sharp

Don't stop !

I heard the screams of passion in the long hot summer night
They're buzzing me with poison darts shooting in the back

Don't stop !

Well the only request I ask of you is to have a glass of wine
Not to leave me in some dirty street and hang me out to dry

Don't stop !

Well I'm losing you, you're hearing me from miles away
But there's an opening where once there was a stone
And the only thing that carries here now that I'm far away
Is love released as terror is their zone

Don't stop ! Don't stop !

Enjoy, Lourdes
08-22-02 04:27 PM
sandrew I definitely think the first couple lines should read "cold, cold heart" and "you wrote your name right on my back"
[Edited by sandrew]
08-22-02 04:47 PM
montana Yeah I think Sandrew is right!! I've been listening to it right now and it sounds like that! I posted what someone posted it before . Thank ya Sandrew for your correction.

Cheers, Lourdes
08-22-02 05:38 PM
Moonisup There are a lot of don't stops in it for sure
08-22-02 07:02 PM
Boomhauer Is August 28th the day stations will receive the single and play it when they are told to or is that the date it is supposed to hit the airwaves? Just curious....aren't you?
08-22-02 07:24 PM
Angiegirl I did not hear the song yet, but what ever happened to Mick and Co making (political) statements in Stones lyrics? Not that it always has to have a real meaning, but it seems to me that the lyrics are mostly about passion and/or lost love (even less obvious lyrics like the ones from Gunface (BtB)). Of course that's a subject most people can relate to (I know I do), but they *SOMETIMES* could have more depth IMHO. At least every know and then. Though I must say I like the lyrics of Out of Control, because they are somewhat less obvious even though they're not that complicated; I can interpret them the way I like more easily.

I'm not saying you can't write nice or even great poetic lyrics about love and heartbreak, that's probably what popular music has always been about in most cases. And I do like a lot of those songs, that's not the point I'm trying to make.

I'm just wondering if maybe they are afraid of commenting on events, getting their point of view out or even describing things objectively in the world as she is today? Anyone else misses that sometimes or are you just glad they leave politics and current events out of the picture? Your thoughts?
08-22-02 08:35 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I did not hear the song yet, but what ever happened to Mick and Co making (political) statements in Stones lyrics? Not that it always has to have a real meaning, but it seems to me that the lyrics are mostly about passion and/or lost love (even less obvious lyrics like the ones from Gunface (BtB)). Of course that's a subject most people can relate to (I know I do), but they *SOMETIMES* could have more depth IMHO. At least every know and then. Though I must say I like the lyrics of Out of Control, because they are somewhat less obvious even though they're not that complicated; I can interpret them the way I like more easily.

I'm not saying you can't write nice or even great poetic lyrics about love and heartbreak, that's probably what popular music has always been about in most cases. And I do like a lot of those songs, that's not the point I'm trying to make.

I'm just wondering if maybe they are afraid of commenting on events, getting their point of view out or even describing things objectively in the world as she is today? Anyone else misses that sometimes or are you just glad they leave politics and current events out of the picture? Your thoughts?

Yeah Angiegirl, I would agree that I like to see the Stones writing stuff that is relevant in current affairs, it illustrates that they are still a band that is relevant today and not just some old rockers from the 60s - and don't pin that quote on me lol. Which is what the papers usually depict. Moreover, it shows that they care about what they are doing, as they have a drive to what they are writing about. As well as just on a personal level for me, I like to see them give their opinion on things and see where they stand on certain issues.

However, to me it doesn't matter as much now, as I just love hearing anything new from the Stones, whatever the lyrics. Furthermore, would anyone, apart from the Stones fans actually listen to what the Stones say, as for the young people the Stones, no matter how well they write will not be relevant to them. They are to busy been depressed by the crap, bland nu metal, or wailing type groups of today. The Stones magnificance would be wasted on some of them!!!!

Don't Stop!!!!!!!!!...Rocking

Mark
(under the influence of "some" fine beers named Becks)
08-22-02 09:52 PM
Spurge ....warm my poor cold heart. Sponge ?
08-22-02 10:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is this the right one then?

Give a listen to the splurge of a cold cold heart
You wrote your name right on my back
But boy her nails were sharp

Don't stop don't stop don't stop don't stop

I heard the screams of passion
In the long hot summer night
They're buzzing me with poison
darts shooting in the back

Well the only request I ask of you is to have a glass of wine
Not to leave me in some dirty street and hang me out to die

And don't stop don't stop don't stop don't stop

Well I'm losing you, you're hearing me from miles away
But there's an opening where once there was a stone

And the only thing that carries here now that I'm far away
Is love released as terror is their zone

And don't stop don't stop don't stop don't stop

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road