ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Big discount on remasters! Return to archive
08-22-02 01:37 AM
luridchief If anybody already posted this, I apologize, but Amazon has a new "Rolling Stones Store" and they're offering big discounts on the remasters--as low as $12.98 for LET IT BLEED! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/1061828/ref=ilm_rc_371231/103-7601479-5507803
08-22-02 03:57 AM
prism bestbuy.com also has the remasters cheap, with free shipping.
08-22-02 04:35 AM
F505 Lurid chief is that you eating all those cookies on your website? By the way, do you know the Belgian comic artist Herg�? If so I've a question for you.
08-22-02 07:37 AM
egon so do they come with bonus tracks or not?
and if so, what kind of tracks?
a remix of "sympathy" by dr dre or something worthwhile which will make me wanna buy them?
08-22-02 10:54 AM
luridchief >>Lurid chief is that you eating all those cookies on your website? By the way, do you know the Belgian comic artist Herg�?<<

That's my "nerd" Toby Radloff eating hamburgers! The first pic on the site is me (my "real" name is Wayne). You may recognize Toby from late 80s/early 90s MTV (back when they still played the Stones). Anyhow, I produced most of his "Genuine Nerd" segments for THE WEEK IN ROCK and still use him in my low-budget flicks. There's a sampling of the MTV clips as well as new ones that I did just for the web at the following:

http://www.lurid.com/toby/clips.html

505, I've heard of Herg� but don't know anything about him. There are a lot of foreign comic art "experts" at illustrator P. Craig Russell's forum and I bet they could answer any question that you might have:

http://pub43.ezboard.com/fluridfrm3
[Edited by luridchief]
08-22-02 11:00 AM
luridchief Those Best Buy proces look the best--hopefully they'll have 'em priced that low in the actual store!

I think that I'm going to start with the UK versions of AFTERMATH and BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, just because I haven't been exposed to those as much as I have to BEGGAR'S on up.

What are you guys nabbing first? Anyone going to bite the bullet and (gasp!) pick 'em all up at once?
08-22-02 02:13 PM
jb Usually discounted albums are the result of either selling very well or trying to get rid of shit...hopefully it is the former in this case.
08-22-02 04:05 PM
Stonesprofessor That COULD be the reason the release of the remasters was held up a week: The 'pre-ordered'sales must have been bigger than they planned for, and they had to make more for the brick and mortar stores....Its gonna be interesting to see the Billboard/Cashbox 'catalog sales' charts in a couple of weeks!
08-23-02 07:55 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Why buy SACD when you can still get vinyl? (Ok...so LPs jump in the car.) The test of these SACDs will be on 'Out Of Our Heads'. A staggeringly bad original recording of wonderful music.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road