ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE STADIUM STAGE Return to archive
08-21-02 05:46 PM
SERGEI The stadium stage is going to be one giant video screen, a bit like u2's one for their pop tour.
08-21-02 05:47 PM
Moonisup Thank you sergei!! I think you're into the stonescircus!!!

Moon is up
08-21-02 05:48 PM
Joey Where did you hear this ?

Please , I's justs gots to know !

And now ..............Enjoy :

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey !

The Joey

08-21-02 06:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man Excellent!

Well i should have no problem seeing them then

Alex
08-21-02 06:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Joey wrote:
Where did you hear this ?

Please , I's justs gots to know !

And now ..............Enjoy :

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey !

The Joey

Yes,I concur with young Joey on this one.Just where did you get this info Sergei?

Riffhard
08-21-02 06:47 PM
rogerriffin (a bit like u2's one for their pop tour.)
don`t make comparations, the stones aren`t a little and poor pop group,THEY`RE THE WORLD`S GREATEST ROCK`N ROLL BAND.
08-21-02 06:52 PM
SERGEI A member of my family works on the tour, plus u2 and the stones have a lot in common when it comes to touring, Michael Cohl promotes them both and u2 asked the stones sound enginner how to get the best sound because they thought the stones sounded brilliant.
08-21-02 06:52 PM
glencar Joey is funny. Now what's this about a stage?
08-21-02 06:56 PM
winter Very Nice, I'm sure the thing is going to be, as mick put it, f%$#ing enormous!

wintah
08-21-02 06:59 PM
winter SERGEI:

Do you know when the Stones are supposed to arrive in beantown?

Any chance of another surprise gig?

wintah
08-21-02 09:34 PM
Mr T there's gotta be more to it than a screen. It's gotta have some other cool ass features. I'd be surprised if the screen isn't in the shape of a tounge.
08-22-02 09:05 AM
corgi37 Gotta be more to it than just a screen. I liked the rumours about the octopuss stage, with 8 hydrolic arms jutting into the crowd. Either way, not long to go.
08-22-02 09:49 AM
Moonisup I did not like the Pop shit stage! I liked the BtB stage, nice, Big but nothing over the hill
08-22-02 10:27 AM
F505 Sergei wrote:

The stadium stage is going to be one giant video screen.

Good for people with a bad eyesight. I don't mention no names.
08-22-02 12:39 PM
Moonisup nice hidden f 505!!!!

I got 'm
08-22-02 01:59 PM
nankerphelge Don't know about any octopuss stage, but I have heard rumours of a wolfpuss stage.
08-22-02 02:06 PM
jb The stages have been a lot less creative since VL...which IMHO was the coollest outdoor stage yet....The fire coming out of that metal structure was sooooo cooool....Bridges, was essentially another large video screen,(albeit Bridge was a novel concept) and No Security was the no thrills stage...Lastly , why copy U2 for anything...next to the Beatles, this is the other most overrated band.
08-22-02 03:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Don't know about any octopuss stage, but I have heard rumours of a wolfpuss stage.

They've been doin' it since the 70s... but *wait*! Was there any fur of manhood on the Erect-O-Phallus?

Like in that Exile postcard we made so much of... was it you who said it, nank?

"Ewww! Keith has WOLF PUSS!"

-tSYX --- Short and Curlies, anyone?
08-22-02 03:47 PM
nankerphelge I did not accuse Keith of having wolfpuss personally. I'm sure he's seen more than his fair share tho!

I've heard the stage will have a verticle slit in the center, draped on either side with folds and folds of pink drapes of various colors and thicknesses. Surrounding the slit and drapes will be a large, dense, hairy covering that will look impenetrable to the casual onlooker. Then, as that start the drums for the Sympathy opener, SirStonesalot, dressed in a full battle suit of armor, shall brandish his mighty sword and slay the wolfpuss stage covering and permit the band to rip through the slit!!

That's just what I've heard -- I don't know for sure....
08-22-02 08:58 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I did not accuse Keith of having wolfpuss personally. I'm sure he's seen more than his fair share tho!

I've heard the stage will have a verticle slit in the center, draped on either side with folds and folds of pink drapes of various colors and thicknesses. Surrounding the slit and drapes will be a large, dense, hairy covering that will look impenetrable to the casual onlooker. Then, as that start the drums for the Sympathy opener, SirStonesalot, dressed in a full battle suit of armor, shall brandish his mighty sword and slay the wolfpuss stage covering and permit the band to rip through the slit!!

That's just what I've heard -- I don't know for sure....

I thought I had heard it all, I was wrong...

Mark
08-22-02 09:06 PM
parmeda "I thought I had heard it all, I was wrong..."

...lol! Mark, put your seatbelt on, these guys are just warmin' up.

Pam
08-22-02 09:26 PM
nankerphelge Gotta be careful Parmy -- I sometimes take it just a little too far and then we have a "thread abduction." The ol' WP is a sure-fire way to step over that line!

08-22-02 10:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Verily, it was I, that pointed out his Keffness's profuse pubes.

Dude can have all the short & curlies that he wants, as long as he saws on that Tele.

CYHMK...Torn & Frayed...are you kidding me?

I'll wade thru vast oceans of wolf puss for that shit.
08-23-02 09:21 AM
Joey 'Verily, it was I, that pointed out his Keffness's profuse pubes. "

Oh Oh , comments like this can get you a guest appearance on " Will and Grace " .

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road