ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Palais Royale CDR tree - anyone actually OFFERING the recording? Return to archive
08-21-02 03:01 PM
Gazza Ok...so some of you have heard a couple of songs off this gig,so we know its been taped

Now - is anyone actually gonna OFFER it for a CDR tree or have they got a severe case of "sit-on-itis" and are hoping to make money out of it somewhere?

I'm hoping we can offer on this site as many shows from the new tour as possible on CDR trees in the coming year or so,but...we DO need those recording the damn things to actually CIRCULATE the recordings they have in order to do so,and to do so reasonably quickly

The recordings WILL get out somehow or somewhere, but the idea is to help fans get copies quickly after the event for the price of a couple of blanks and postage without having to ripped off by bootleggers...
08-22-02 06:45 AM
hotlicks Well said gazza,come on you toronto guys get the bloody thing out now
08-22-02 07:18 AM
beer i couldn't agree more.i haven't even got a chance to hear CYHMK or Don't Stop yet cuz my computer won't play sound!!!!! whoever has 'em recorded, share 'em! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

--
08-22-02 10:02 AM
oldfan I"M NOT SELLING IT..

quote:
Ok, now about trading this bitch..
I'll trade it for the following show..

Metallica - 06-04-02 San Francisco, CA

I'll have to comfirm the show first..
I think I have confirmed "The Palais Royale Show"

Thats it, Happy Hunting

08-22-02 10:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dear Mr. Oldfan(but not the Oldfan that I know),

We are not asking you to sell your recording. We are asking you to share it. For free.

That is what I'll be doing with the Stones shows that I record. I will share them for free. I want to try to have as many people get the shows for free as want it, before the bootleggers start bilking people for money.

It ain't bootlegging if you give it away.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I can help you get that recording out to hundreds of Stones fans with very little effort on your part. You can e me, or private message me, and I can fill you in on the details.

Think about it bro. You can be a hero if you want.
08-22-02 12:15 PM
Martha

SS said: "Think about it bro. You can be a hero if you want."

Please be a hero and share the wealth with us...I haven't been able to hear any of the stuff offf the internet either and I am going cold turkey.

Loosing it in Ohio....

Thanks for sharing with us OF...(hopeful and confident)

peace, love and Rolling Stones me..Edie!!!
martha
08-22-02 12:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
oldfan wrote:
I"M NOT SELLING IT..

We hear ya, man. No one's asking ya to sell it - but we all go cah-rayyyyyyzy without our Stones! And I'd be very happy to help out - pay for postage, whatever - I'll even try and help you find this Metallica show you're looking for (I hear it's quite hard to get, I understand why you're asking for it in exchange for the Royale show!). You've already posted those tantalizing tidbits - would you help us now?

*puppy eyes*

*Realization of what puppy eyes would look like on a 'Mick-Taylor-esque' individual*

*cessation of puppy eyes*

-tSYX --- Help us, Old-Fan Kenobi! You're our only hope!
08-22-02 06:53 PM
Gazza No -one 's asking you to sell it - we dont SELL bootlegs on this site anyway...we're in the business of sharing the music with other fans as a CDR tree and this will be the case for the entire world tour..similarly,its a condition of anyone who takes part in any of the CDR trees that when they get their recording they DONT sell copies of it but trade it only (impossible to enforce I realise,but its a courtesy we'll be asking)

Not much point "sitting" on it and not circulating it - it'll be available shortly in collectors circles for sure anyway as will the rest of the shows. We're just trying to kickstart things. If anyone has a copy and refuses to distribute it...fine. It'll turn up somewhere else anyway. Just remember that in a couple of months time or a year or so,there'll probably be a show that YOU want to get a copy of and other fans who have recorded it will be helping YOU make sure you get YOUR copy.

All we're trying to do is save fans money and offering them music instead of them having to pay $40 for a bootleg CD. No egos involved.
08-22-02 07:48 PM
Miss U. I didn't get in to the club gig unfortunately, to make a long story short.

Didn't "MRD8" post he was going to get it out for us?

Everyone at RSTO would sure appreciate it, too.
08-22-02 08:49 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
I didn't get in to the club gig unfortunately, to make a long story short.

Didn't "MRD8" post he was going to get it out for us?

Everyone at RSTO would sure appreciate it, too.

Miss u that is real shit, I know u worked hard there listening in at rehearsals n' stuff. I am sorry that u didn't get a ticket, well at least u will can see them on the tour all is not lost!!

Cheers

Mark
08-23-02 12:29 AM
Miss U. Thx Mark...nice email addy, lol.
08-23-02 07:55 PM
Spurge Why not just ignore oldfans attempts at blackmail and metallica indoctrination, you'd be a sucker to reward him for this.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road