ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: anyone here vounteer ....... Return to archive
23rd August 2006 01:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels to post their review of Paris Hilton's new record?

HILTON'S ALBUM FALLS FOUL OF CRITICS

Aspiring pop star PARIS HILTON's self-titled debut album has failed to wow critics, who complain it sounds like the socialite phoned her vocals in from the back of a limousine. THE SIMPLE LIFE reality TV star spent two years working on the disc, and enrolled the help of big name music producers, including SCOTT STORCH, KARA DioGUARDI and FERNANDO GARIBAY. However the album, which was released yesterday (22AUG06) is leaving music critics unimpressed, despite Hilton's declaration, "I, like, cry, when I listen to it, it's so good." ALEXIS PETRIDIS, from British newspaper The Guardian, writes, "She sounds both distracted and bored stiff, as if making an album is keeping her from the more serious business of standing around a nightclub in a pair of really enormous sunglasses." Canadian newspaper Winnipeg Sun's DARRYL STERDAN, adds, "Most of this sounds phoned in from the back of her limo. Make that whispered in; Hilton spends the bulk of the 40-minute album breathily, girlishly billing and cooing in thin, airy tones that bear little resemblance to her deadpan speaking voice. "We presume she's trying to sound kittenish and sexy - while conveniently covering up the fact that she has a limited vocal range and a stiff, singsong delivery."
23/08/2006 17:11

23rd August 2006 01:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels How many here plan to buy this record?

I think I'll take a pass on this one.
23rd August 2006 01:32 PM
SweetVirginia
In one interview she said she knows A LOT about music because she hears it, like, every day of her life.

23rd August 2006 01:38 PM
pdog It sucks even for generic pop music. It makes A Bigger Bang look strong!
23rd August 2006 02:11 PM
WinslowStud Why is she famous?
23rd August 2006 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Why is she famous?

OutStanding Question !

Paris Hilton is really the History of this Great Nation ---with all of its turmoil , bombast , passions and emotion --- It is all there ; all in one woman , and if you like Sex , it is like being at the feet of a Giant .

[Kins]

[Edited by Joey]
23rd August 2006 02:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Shhhhhhhhh....I'd do her. I really would.
23rd August 2006 02:47 PM
pdog
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
Why is she famous?

B/s she was born rich and suffered from low self esteem. She's used her money to be in the spotlight. Pretty lame, but if she actually had talent at something, she might have been interesting.
23rd August 2006 02:53 PM
WinslowStud "OutStanding Question !

Paris Hilton is really the History of this Great Nation ---with all of its turmoil , bombast , passions and emotion --- It is all there ; all in one woman , and if you like Sex , it is like being at the feet of a Giant ."

Paris Hilton has said publically that she's only had sex with two men, one of which filmed the now infamous sex video. I hardly think this qualifies her as a sex giant.

Do your research, Shutton!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)