ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood's art sale Return to archive
23rd August 2006 06:19 AM
Hannalee Mark Brown, arts correspondent
Wednesday August 23, 2006
The Guardian

Last night Ronnie Wood was on stage strutting his stuff with Keef, Charlie and Sir Mick. Tonight it will be wine and canapes as he mingles with what he hopes will be the cream of London's art collecting world.
Wood is holding a private view for his art in his own gallery, Scream, in Mayfair. His rock'n'roll years are famous, but away from the performing and drinking and drug taking Wood has been quietly attempting to establish himself as a credible and respected artist

He started exhibiting his work publicly in San Francisco in the 1980s and has since held exhibitions all over the world, often tied in with tour schedules.
In the gallery is displayed an eclectic mix of verdant landscapes, prints of showbiz pals dead and alive such as Jack Nicholson and Jimi Hendrix, drawings of the Stones, and plenty of wildlife.

He is not cheap. A limited edition print of a depressed Charlie Watts will cost £950, but it is more like £40,000 for a 3ft by 2ft canvas of Alchiea (Ronnie's first horse) and £60,000 for Abstract Rhino. His people claim he is the "biggest selling print artist in the US".

Wood, the youngest Stone at 59, said of the exhibition: "I am deeply passionate about what I do and it's a thrilling moment to be able to share my art in a space we designed to be creative, contemporary and most importantly fun for everyone."

23rd August 2006 07:26 AM
Jumacfly has he sold his fingers too??
23rd August 2006 10:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
has he sold his fingers too??

I hope not. He needs them for waving.
23rd August 2006 10:57 AM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I hope not. He needs them for waving.

LOL! Just fot that?
23rd August 2006 12:38 PM
Poplar
You get an early bid with AmEx or a Legacy Fan Club Membership.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)