ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I have Alice In Chains tix!! (ns) Return to archive
21st August 2006 01:56 PM
Factory Girl They have a new singer.

I will be seeing them at the 9:30 club on 10/25.
21st August 2006 02:06 PM
GimmeExile Who is the new singer?
21st August 2006 02:43 PM
Factory Girl
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art40918.asp
21st August 2006 03:01 PM
RollingstonesUSA I'm goin to see them at the House Of Blues in Myrtle Beach, can't wait....
21st August 2006 03:11 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I'm goin to see them at the House Of Blues in Myrtle Beach, can't wait....

I'm so happy you're back in US, where you can engage in heavy posting...lol.

When is your show?
21st August 2006 03:13 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

I'm so happy you're back in US, where you can engage in heavy posting...lol.

When is your show?

Thanks! Means alot! The show is October 20th....
21st August 2006 03:23 PM
GimmeExile FG, as a Layne Staley fan, do you really think another singer can fill those shoes?

I saw Jerry Cantrell at the 9:30 Club in 2002 and he did an excellent job carrying the Alice legacy.
21st August 2006 03:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hope this doesn't suck. But all the hallmarks of possible suckdom are there....

You know, it's one thing to replace a drummer, or a guitar player, or a bass guy...but a frontman? That's a tough one. It changes the sound of everything.

Just ask Van Halen. The only band that I can think of that really pulled it off was AC/DC. And most of us are still Bon Scott people anyhow.
21st August 2006 03:29 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
FG, as a Layne Staley fan, do you really think another singer can fill those shoes?

I saw Jerry Cantrell at the 9:30 Club in 2002 and he did an excellent job carrying the Alice legacy.

No, NO ONE can fill Layne's shoes. He was such a powerful singer, very unique.

I saw JC at the 9:30 club in 2002 also. It was just a few months after Layne died, and it was very sad.

Are you coming to 9:30 this time?
21st August 2006 03:32 PM
Dan I goofed around on the Inland Invasion onsale but ended up not buying anything.
21st August 2006 03:42 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Dan wrote:
I goofed around on the Inland Invasion onsale but ended up not buying anything.

And how is this is different for you?
21st August 2006 03:46 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

And how is this is different for you?

Well, I never intended to go. I was going to buy something if it was good enough, then trade for an Iron Maiden front orchestra section ticket but my best offer was Orch Y. Kinda want to see Muse though.
21st August 2006 03:51 PM
Factory Girl I might go see Detroit Cobras in Nov. at the Black Cat.
21st August 2006 03:55 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I might go see Detroit Cobras in Nov. at the Black Cat.

I saw them a few years ago. It was good. From what I can remember. It was the middle of an extended concert binge so its all sort of a blur.
21st August 2006 04:58 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You know, it's one thing to replace a drummer, or a guitar player, or a bass guy...but a frontman? That's a tough one. It changes the sound of everything.

Yeah. Look what happened to Wings.
21st August 2006 05:55 PM
CraigP Is BUCKCHERRY still on tour with them?
If so, check them out. Excellent live and good in-studio.
21st August 2006 06:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Detroit Cobras are hit and miss FG. I've hit and it was great..and I missed and it blew chunks.

This is a completely new line up. I read that Greg Cartright from Oblivians/Reigning Sound/Compulsive Gamblers is filling in on lead guitar...don't know anything about the new bass player(a female)or the new drummer(the old one left to play guitar in Kid Rock's band...OUCH!). I'll say this, if they are somewhat sober, it'll be a good show and worth every penny. If they get real drunk, it'll be a waste of money.
21st August 2006 06:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The Detroit Cobras are hit and miss FG. I've hit and it was great..and I missed and it blew chunks.

This is a completely new line up. I read that Greg Cartright from Oblivians/Reigning Sound/Compulsive Gamblers is filling in on lead guitar...don't know anything about the new bass player(a female)or the new drummer(the old one left to play guitar in Kid Rock's band...OUCH!). I'll say this, if they are somewhat sober, it'll be a good show and worth every penny. If they get real drunk, it'll be a waste of money.

That show in Philly was funny. A trainwreck of massive proportions.
Reigning sound were great that night...
What's up ith AC, hopefully you can come down and at least hangout, you know magic happens to cool people like you.
21st August 2006 06:52 PM
ziggypayne
quote:

If you saw Jerry in '02, then you heard William DuVall singing Layne's parts on the AIC tunes. He's no Layne clone, but he does have the pipes to pull off the job.
21st August 2006 06:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm still not sayin' no.

But honestly man, I just haven't had the urge..you know? Usually, I'm all a-twitter when the Stones are around...but this time, nothing. I keep waiting for that buzz, and it just ain't happening.

If I can crash on someone's floor, I might be tempted to make the drive down.
21st August 2006 06:54 PM
Dan I saw Reigning Sound in 2002 opening for The Hives. They were great. Meant to get some CDs then totally forgot about them. Almost saw them instead of the Stones in Anaheim til I was able to find a ride home,
22nd August 2006 06:58 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:

If you saw Jerry in '02, then you heard William DuVall singing Layne's parts on the AIC tunes. He's no Layne clone, but he does have the pipes to pull off the job.

Jerry did Layne's vocals in 2002. I think Jerry's a great songwriter/musician, but his voice is very ordinary.
22nd August 2006 09:56 AM
ziggypayne
Jerry's backing band in '02 was Comes With The Fall and a third guitarist who's name escapes me. Comes With The Fall's guitarist/singer, William DuVall, handled the parts Layne normally took on tunes like Man In The Box, Down In A Hole, Rain When I Die, ect. Again, he doesn't sound like Layne, but has a similar range. He should have been at the 9:30 Club gig. Got any boots from the '02 tour, or the AIC European tour of this year? That would be your best bet at hearing William on the AIC tunes.

So basically this tour drops the 3rd guitarist and swaps out the Comes With The Fall rhythm section for Kinney and Inez.

If you dug the '02 tour, then you ought to enjoy this tour.
22nd August 2006 10:15 AM
Factory Girl ZiggyP,

Thanks for the info. I think I have something with Duvall, and will have to listen to it closely.

In general, singers are very tough to replace. Especially, Layne because he had such a unique beautiful howl.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)