ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tiger/Golf appreciation thread (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
21st August 2006 04:32 PM
Some Guy License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

-Bill Murray, Caddyshack.
21st August 2006 04:34 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

Some Guy .....................................

I see V.C. everywhere ... and you ?!?!
21st August 2006 04:40 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Some Guy .....................................

I see V.C. everywhere ... and you ?!?!

not so much lately.
21st August 2006 05:47 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Whatever, he's fun to watch, don't make me post the pic of me and him at the Masters!

21st August 2006 06:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK. Details are such.

Greg Norman did a youth clinic here...I'm thinking it was 1998. My mom was on the committee that organized the thing. Knowing that I was a fan, she took me along as a "go-fer".

There was a meal after the thing, and the drinks flowed freely. Since the clubhouse bar shuts down early, certainly before some of us had had our fill, we decided to continue the party elsewhere. Since Mr. Norman was a rather well known person, we decided that one of the local bars was out of the question. Since my house was the closest to Mr. Norman's hotel, and since I have a very nice, well stocked bar at my house, that is where the party moved.

My wife was not pleased that 10 complete strangers were coming to drink at her house. But Mr. Norman charmed her quick.

A small stakes poker game broke out. No one fell down the stairs. Most consumable alcohol was ingested. Big cigars appeared out of thin air. My mom was aghast and went home. The party broke up around 2am-ish.

Greg Norman is hilarious, has a million great stories. Very down to earth guy. Enjoys red wine and vodka. And at one time, he was the best golfer on the planet.
21st August 2006 06:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK. Details are such.

Greg Norman did a youth clinic here...I'm thinking it was 1998. My mom was on the committee that organized the thing. Knowing that I was a fan, she took me along as a "go-fer".

There was a meal after the thing, and the drinks flowed freely. Since the clubhouse bar shuts down early, certainly before some of us had had our fill, we decided to continue the party elsewhere. Since Mr. Norman was a rather well known person, we decided that one of the local bars was out of the question. Since my house was the closest to Mr. Norman's hotel, and since I have a very nice, well stocked bar at my house, that is where the party moved.

My wife was not pleased that 10 complete strangers were coming to drink at her house. But Mr. Norman charmed her quick.

A small stakes poker game broke out. No one fell down the stairs. Most consumable alcohol was ingested. Big cigars appeared out of thin air. My mom was aghast and went home. The party broke up around 2am-ish.

Greg Norman is hilarious, has a million great stories. Very down to earth guy. Enjoys red wine and vodka. And at one time, he was the best golfer on the planet.

I love this story .

I believe Bill Clinton & Greg Norman are freinds .... Is this true ?!?!

21st August 2006 06:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes, as far as I know, The Shark and Bubba are still friends.

21st August 2006 06:20 PM
sirmoonie Golf on acid is a trip. I put a drive through the cockpit window of a B-52 landing at Davis Monthan AFB 3/4 a mile away, still ended up boge on the hole. I think it was the same day I rolled a golf cart.

I got free tix to a masters event in Minneapolis like 7 years ago. Saw Chi Chi Rod duff one really bad, 10 yard dribble, it was hilarious. And Trevino? Lets just say fat guys have digestion problems and don't really care too much who knows.
21st August 2006 06:59 PM
Fiji Joe I was a 4 handicap golfer until I lost my arm in the Nam...You're welcome Ping Thong Pot...you're fucking welcome!
21st August 2006 08:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK. Details are such.

Very cool story SS
21st August 2006 09:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Golf on acid is a trip. I put a drive through the cockpit window of a B-52 landing at Davis Monthan AFB 3/4 a mile away, still ended up boge on the hole. I think it was the same day I rolled a golf cart.

I got free tix to a masters event in Minneapolis like 7 years ago. Saw Chi Chi Rod duff one really bad, 10 yard dribble, it was hilarious. And Trevino? Lets just say fat guys have digestion problems and don't really care too much who knows.

It looks like he laid up on that one.
21st August 2006 11:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

It looks like he laid up on that one.

It was a soft fade man, but I get aggressive near the hole.
22nd August 2006 10:02 AM
Joey " ... but I get aggressive near the hole."

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
22nd August 2006 11:14 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ... but I get aggressive near the hole."

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]

That's weird!
22nd August 2006 01:40 PM
jb They all live in either Jupiter or Orlando....
22nd August 2006 01:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
They all live in either Jupiter or Orlando....

I hope the terrorists know this
22nd August 2006 01:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
They all live in either Jupiter or Orlando....

jb does FL have state income tax?

22nd August 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb does FL have state income tax?

No....
22nd August 2006 01:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Duh.
22nd August 2006 01:52 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

No....

Death tax?

I mean estate tax?
22nd August 2006 01:55 PM
jb I last played Golf at the exclusive Boca Raton Hotel and Resort 4 yrs ago. I am not a good golfer, but I can hit the ball a mile(usually on the other green). This time, we were playing with some of my old law partnets . I was using a 3 iron from about 220 yds out. I sliced the ball literally perpendicular from where I was standing and it hit the grail of a Mercedes Benz driving parallelt to the course. I jumped in the cart and drove away fast....I was somewhat embarrassed.
22nd August 2006 02:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is a true story...I crap you negative.

I was playing with a buddy of mine...a big ol' biker guy, popeye forearms and such. Strong as an ox. He hits the ball real hard. Has no idea where it's gonna go...but he gets his swats in. Anyhow, we are on our #13 teeing off. He smashes a wormburner into the creek that runs in front of the tee. It hit a rock and comes screaming right back at us. We dive out of the way, and look up just in time to see the ball bounce into the back of a pick up truck that was parked in the parking lot.

He says, and I quote, "Do I have to play it from there?" So me being me, I says, "Hell yeah, play it where it lies." So he grabs his sand wedge and stomps off toward the parking lot. Meanwhile the rest of us are now rolling around on the ground laughing. He actually climbs up into the back of the pick up, and we all start waving and yelling at him to stop...and he drops his pants and moons us. Of course this had us rolling on the ground again.

He got killed by a drunk driver a couple of years later. I miss that guy. He was so much fun...

22nd August 2006 02:53 PM
Some Guy I crush my nephew on Tiger Woods XBox 360 golf. I am fearsome.
22nd August 2006 05:04 PM
Joey " This is a true story...I crap you negative. "

Oh , OH !!!!!!!

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ***********

22nd August 2006 06:50 PM
Spru I love Tiger and golf and have done so for about the past 8-9 years. He's one of the greatest ATHLETES ever. Period.
22nd August 2006 07:22 PM
Lil Brian We just returned from Medinah. My buddy said he's like the Beatles. He's just a rock star playing golf. Tiger!
22nd August 2006 10:37 PM
FrankiePeppers His ability is tremendous, but I can't root for him. He isn't likeable. No personality.
23rd August 2006 09:24 AM
Some Guy Best thing to happen to golf since Caddyshack.
23rd August 2006 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Best thing to happen to golf since Caddyshack.

Funny !!!!!

...and true .

23rd August 2006 12:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Funny !!!!!

...and true .

Joey why the Paul Lind thing now a days?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)