ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jackson - All Time Coolest (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th August 2006 06:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 19 August 2006
JACKSON ALL-TIME COOLEST
By Pete Samson
Mirror.co.uk

SAMUEL L Jackson was yesterday named the coolest actor of all time for his role as gangster Jules Winn-field in Pulp Fiction.

The Hollywood actor - currently starring in Snakes on a Plane â€" scooped 21 per cent of the votes. He pipped Steve McQueen into second place with 19.

A spokeswoman for DVD rental service Lovefilm, which ran the poll of 5,000 movie fans, said Jackson, 57, had "ice-cool charm" in Quentin Tarantino's 1994 classic.

TOP 10 COOL SCREEN GUYS: 1 Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction, 1994 (21%)' 2 Steve McQueen in Bullitt, 1968 (19%)' 3 Brad Pitt in Fight Club, 1999 (14%)' 4 Al Pacino in Carlito's Way, 1993 (13%)' 5= Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, 1975 (10%)' 5= Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke, 1967 (10%)' 7= Mickey Rourke in Sin City, 2005 (4%)' 7= James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause, 1955 (4%)' 9= Benecio Del Toro in The Usual Suspects, 1995 (3%)' 9= Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, (3%).

19th August 2006 06:48 PM
sirmoonie He is black. That Samuel L. Jackson guy.
19th August 2006 06:52 PM
Poison Dart Sam Jackson is very,very overrated.
19th August 2006 09:23 PM
lotsajizz No Marlon Brando from 'The Wild Ones'? That list is shit!
19th August 2006 09:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Sam Jackson is very,very overrated.

snakes on a plane? you got to be kiddin me!!!
20th August 2006 01:50 AM
Poplar
Han Solo?
20th August 2006 06:09 AM
corgi37 All actors suck, but i like Jackson alot. He was awesome in Jackie Brown.
20th August 2006 07:07 AM
chevysales
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
All actors suck, but i like Jackson alot. He was awesome in Jackie Brown.

yea he was very good in that along with pulp fiction...
20th August 2006 12:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm surprised Bogey or Edward G. Robinson didn't make this list. People have short memories. The only one in the 50's here is James Dean as the 50's (and 30's for that matter) actually defined "cool" ( and the definitions still stand or at least haven't been supplanted). Edward G. Robinson and Bogey should have made this list for KEY LARGO alone say nothing about their other movies..
20th August 2006 02:30 PM
MrPleasant Where the fuck are Brando (The Wild Ones)?, De Niro (The Godfather Part II; 1900), Michael Douglas (because of Wall Street) and Montgomery Burns?

Pacino was pathetic in Carlito's Way; he was way better in The Godfather Part II or the underrated Glengarry Glen Rose. The coolest performers, IMHO, are/were Duvall, Bette Davis, McQueen, Newman and James Cagney. Just watch Cagney in Milos Forman's Ragtime; he was an old man, by 1980/1, but his character was mean as shit without resorting to lame talky shit. (See L. Jackson's for the opposite effect.)

Honorable mentions: A Clockwork Orange's Malcolm McDowell (watch "If...." you morons, and thank me later) and George W. Bush (Fahrenheit 9/11. Bushy never lost it when he was at that children school - in the beginning. The fact that he's a dickhead doesn't matter).

I don't remember Del Toro in The Usual Suspects. In fact I hardly remember that stupid movie at all (I prefer Traffic). And Dean wasn't that cool in Rebel; I recall him pulling his hair, yelling for his daddy's love and fisting Sal Mineo.

Oh, he didn't fist him? Well, fuck it.

If anything, Ben Kingsley deserves a list all for himself just because Don (Sexy Beast) is the greatest film character in years. Not exactly cool (more like "implausibly evil"), but he was awesome.

"You're the problem! You're the fucking problem you fucking Dr White honkin' jam-rag fucking spunk-bubble! I'm telling you Bitch you keep looking at me I'll put you in the fucking ground, promise you!"

[Being beaten to death] "Cunt! Cunt! You murdering twat."
21st August 2006 07:58 AM
corgi37 Holy fuck, yeah! Malcolm McDowell. IF is one of the greatest English movies in hisory. Also, his performance in O lucky man was dynamite. Brittania Hospital was damn good too.

He made some flick a couple of years ago with Paul Brittany. Gangster #1 or something. He was hilarious in that. His opening scene was him in a high class restaurant, going to the toilet with his champagne glass in his hand. He sets it down near his foot and starts pissing. We see some stray drops splash into his glass. He zips up, picks up his glass, is about to sip it, then looks at the camera and says "What ya think i am? A cunt?"

Clockwork Orange - he was superb, no doubt, but i thought his performances in the flicks above was better. Though, i think my judgement is clouded as i feel Clockwork Orange has dated badly Oh, BTW, whats the bet Hollywood remakes ACO soon. Shifts it to America. And has 50 Cent starring in it!

As for Bogart, along with other "patriots" like John Wayne, Reagan, Heston, Kazan - he was a lagging little bitch during the witch-hunts of the 50's. Fuck him. Fuck them all.

21st August 2006 08:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

As for Bogart, along with other "patriots" like John Wayne, Reagan, Heston, Kazan - he was a lagging little bitch during the witch-hunts of the 50's. Fuck him. Fuck them all.

Witch hunts in the 50's, I thought all that happened in the 1640's.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
21st August 2006 09:38 AM
Michael K This is my favorite Samuel L. Jackson performance:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMaH_8paENk

21st August 2006 09:40 AM
Joey " 9= Benecio Del Toro in The Usual Suspects, 1995 (3%)' 9= Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, (3%). "

**************** WTF ?!?! **************

Why ?!?!

21st August 2006 09:54 AM
Some Guy That cat in Freejack was pretty cool.
21st August 2006 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
That cat in Freejack was pretty cool.

Yes ! : Jagger
21st August 2006 10:43 AM
egon I thoroughly enjoyed:

21st August 2006 11:05 AM
Saint Sway Reggie is still the all-time coolest Jackson.

the man had a candy bar named after him. Nuff said.
21st August 2006 11:44 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Honorable mentions: A Clockwork Orange's Malcolm McDowell (watch "If...." you morons, and thank me later) and George W. Bush (Fahrenheit 9/11. Bushy never lost it when he was at that children school - in the beginning. The fact that he's a dickhead doesn't matter).

Yeah he was great. Both at playing "cool" and uncool/silly, like O Lucky Man and Time After Time, which is hilarious.

Too bad he's resorted to Z-movie supporting bad guys over the last 2 decades.
21st August 2006 12:33 PM
jb Guy is completely overrated and I disagree with many of his statements...a real jerk imo.
21st August 2006 02:56 PM
Joey " Reggie is still the all-time coolest Jackson."

21st August 2006 04:22 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Fuck you. Wayne is the epitome of cool in Howard Hawks' Rio Bravo.
22nd August 2006 08:29 AM
Lord Homosex How about Harry Dean Stanton in "Repo Man"?
Harvey Keitel in "Taxi Driver"?
Nicholas Cage in that flic with Laura Dern where he wears the snakeskin jacket?
22nd August 2006 10:02 AM
Joey
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
How about Harry Dean Stanton in "Repo Man"?
Harvey Keitel in "Taxi Driver"?
Nicholas Cage in that flic with Laura Dern where he wears the snakeskin jacket?

You make some very interesting points there Lord Homosex .................

Here ! .. Enjoy ! : You have certainly EARNED it :

22nd August 2006 10:28 AM
Reptile What happened to...

22nd August 2006 10:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Reptile wrote:
What happened to...

One is ' Hard As A Carp ' and the other one has eaten waaaaaaaaay too many Cheeseburgers !!!!!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
22nd August 2006 11:08 AM
not bound to please
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Holy fuck, yeah! Malcolm McDowell. IF is one of the greatest English movies in hisory. Also, his performance in O lucky man was dynamite. Brittania Hospital was damn good too.

He made some flick a couple of years ago with Paul Brittany. Gangster #1 or something. He was hilarious in that. His opening scene was him in a high class restaurant, going to the toilet with his champagne glass in his hand. He sets it down near his foot and starts pissing. We see some stray drops splash into his glass. He zips up, picks up his glass, is about to sip it, then looks at the camera and says "What ya think i am? A cunt?"

Clockwork Orange - he was superb, no doubt, but i thought his performances in the flicks above was better. Though, i think my judgement is clouded as i feel Clockwork Orange has dated badly Oh, BTW, whats the bet Hollywood remakes ACO soon. Shifts it to America. And has 50 Cent starring in it!

it was Gangster #1 - good film. Very influenced by Performance. As was Sexy Beast - an even better film.

I agree about If...

[Edited by not bound to please]
22nd August 2006 11:13 AM
not bound to please
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Where the fuck are Brando (The Wild Ones)?, De Niro (The Godfather Part II; 1900), Michael Douglas (because of Wall Street) and Montgomery Burns?

Pacino was pathetic in Carlito's Way; he was way better in The Godfather Part II or the underrated Glengarry Glen Rose. The coolest performers, IMHO, are/were Duvall, Bette Davis, McQueen, Newman and James Cagney. Just watch Cagney in Milos Forman's Ragtime; he was an old man, by 1980/1, but his character was mean as shit without resorting to lame talky shit. (See L. Jackson's for the opposite effect.)

I don't remember Del Toro in The Usual Suspects. In fact I hardly remember that stupid movie at all (I prefer Traffic). And Dean wasn't that cool in Rebel; I recall him pulling his hair, yelling for his daddy's love and fisting Sal Mineo.

Oh, he didn't fist him? Well, fuck it.

If anything, Ben Kingsley deserves a list all for himself just because Don (Sexy Beast) is the greatest film character in years. Not exactly cool (more like "implausibly evil"), but he was awesome.

"You're the problem! You're the fucking problem you fucking Dr White honkin' jam-rag fucking spunk-bubble! I'm telling you Bitch you keep looking at me I'll put you in the fucking ground, promise you!"

[Being beaten to death] "Cunt! Cunt! You murdering twat."

Oh - you beat me to Sexy Beast.

Don't forget Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon.

22nd August 2006 11:14 AM
Joey

Lambchop ........................................

22nd August 2006 11:16 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I'm surprised Bogey or Edward G. Robinson didn't make this list. People have short memories. The only one in the 50's here is James Dean as the 50's (and 30's for that matter) actually defined "cool" ( and the definitions still stand or at least haven't been supplanted). Edward G. Robinson and Bogey should have made this list for KEY LARGO alone say nothing about their other movies..

Have you ever been to the James Dean death crash site? There's a crappy diner near there that sells memorabilia, and gas for $10 a gallon.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)