ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your Favorite Cigarette Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th August 2006 08:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Me..Marlboro regulars.

Even though I don't smoke them much anymore.

19th August 2006 09:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man I've been smoking Marlboro Lights since 2003. Prior to that I was smoking Benson and Hedges and prior to that absoloutley anything I could afford because I was at school and did'nt have any money!
19th August 2006 09:18 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Gauloises Blondes. But I'm clean for allmost a week!
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
19th August 2006 09:19 AM
GotToRollMe Marlboro reds...since I was 12 (and that was a looong time ago).
19th August 2006 09:22 AM
nankerphelge I don't smoke ciggies.

19th August 2006 09:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I don't smoke ciggies.

I don't smoke anything illegal. Call me square if you want, I guess it's just my respect for the Rule of Law.
19th August 2006 09:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don’t know if you guys are aware, but smoking will be banned in all public places here in England from next summer. In fact, many pubs in London are taking steps already by enlarging the already non-smoking sections and I’ve even been to a couple of places recently that are completely smoke free prior to the evening. As a smoker, I actually haven’t given the ban a lot of thought and in the summertime, it won’t be so much a problem, but what about when it’s cold and rainy? That’s when I’m going to have a problem. I’m not particularly anti the ban; I think smoking should be banned in restaurants for instance, shopping malls etc, but pubs and bars? I’m not so sure.
19th August 2006 09:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don’t know if you guys are aware, but smoking will be banned in all public places here in England from next summer. In fact, many pubs in London are taking steps already by enlarging the already non-smoking sections and I’ve even been to a couple of places recently that are completely smoke free prior to the evening. As a smoker, I actually haven’t given the ban a lot of thought and in the summertime, it won’t be so much a problem, but what about when it’s cold and rainy? That’s when I’m going to have a problem. I’m not particularly anti the ban; I think smoking should be banned in restaurants for instance, shopping malls etc, but pubs and bars? I’m not so sure.

Yes I read that. Maine has had a ban for about three years now. Plus they added a $1.00 a pack MORE tax about a year ago. Marlboro's are about $5.25. Buying cigarettes off the internet is about the cheapest way to go.

19th August 2006 09:39 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don’t know if you guys are aware, but smoking will be banned in all public places here in England from next summer. In fact, many pubs in London are taking steps already by enlarging the already non-smoking sections and I’ve even been to a couple of places recently that are completely smoke free prior to the evening. As a smoker, I actually haven’t given the ban a lot of thought and in the summertime, it won’t be so much a problem, but what about when it’s cold and rainy? That’s when I’m going to have a problem. I’m not particularly anti the ban; I think smoking should be banned in restaurants for instance, shopping malls etc, but pubs and bars? I’m not so sure.

Since May of this year, all public places in Ontario have been smoke-free (legislated). However, prior to this, my hometown passed a non-smoking by-law (about 3 years ago). The result? A lot of restaurants/bars have gone out of business. I do agree that smoking has no place in a restaurant but if you are in a bar you should be allowed to light up if you want (in most cases, you have to be 18,19 or 21 to enter so that as an adult you make the choice to enter). Being an occasional smoker, if I want to light up, I just head to the patio (however, it does tend to get kind of cold in the winter but hey, as a Canadian we tend to be a hearty folk --- plus, nothing says Canadian than have a beer and a smoke on a patio in the middle of January!)
19th August 2006 09:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes I read that. Maine has had a ban for about three years now. Plus they added a $1.00 a pack MORE tax about a year ago. Marlboro's are about $5.25. Buying cigarettes off the internet is about the cheapest way to go.

Marlboro's are about £5.05 over here! I struggle to understand the governments reasoning behind the price hikes. Is it a method to get people to quit, or is to just pocket more money from them? I used to work in Law Enforcement and someone told me that it’s a game. The government WANTS smokers. They're taking the piss and in a way, holding you to ransom because they know full well that it’s an addictive substance and that many are going to smoke regardless of the prices. They talk about increasing prices to help the National Health Service, but the greedy bastards pocket most of it for themselves.
19th August 2006 09:43 AM
Nellcote Gave it up 28 years ago.
At the time, I did enjoy Marlboro Red for eight months of the year, breaking to Kools in the summah for a change of pace.
19th August 2006 09:44 AM
JuanTCB It was very strange when they banned smoking in NYC bars. For starters, it smelled awful at first. The lack of fresh smoke meant that there was nothing to hide the smell of stale, beer-logged floorboards, years of nicotine residue, and the fact that the odor of an overused urinal can travel very far, very quickly. But that generally cleared itself up after a few weeks.

Personally, I got used to going outside once every beer or two for a smoke. Yeah, it kind of sucks during the winter, but I was surprised how quickly I got used to it. Plus, when I go out, I now smoke about a third as much as I used to, which makes hangovers far less nasty. And my clothes don't stink the next day.

That said, most bars here (especially in Brooklyn) will let you smoke after midnight or so, or whenever the health inspectors & cops have finished making their rounds.

I'm quitting my American Spirit Blues next week - wish me luck!
19th August 2006 10:16 AM
Jumacfly See my avatar, but most of the times I roll my cigarettes with Blond "Drums".
Also got funny cheap spanish cigarettes (I live at nearly 2 hours of Spain)like Exite (!!) or Elixir.
it costs 1.50 euros for 20 blondes.
19th August 2006 10:51 AM
RollingstonesUSA
19th August 2006 10:59 AM
MrPleasant Regular Camel's, which, as everybody knows, ultimately killed John Wayne, Robert Redford and Ronald (a.k.a. as "Ronnie") Reagan.

But I quit all those botulinum presynaptic antivenom biological poisonous toxins and shit. At least for a while.
19th August 2006 11:02 AM
mojoman
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Regular Camel's, which, as everybody knows, ultimately killed John Wayne, Robert Redford and Ronald (a.k.a. as "Ronnie") Reagan.

But I quit all those botulinum presynaptic antivenom biological poisonous toxins and shit. At least for a while.

redford is dead?
19th August 2006 11:04 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
mojoman wrote:

redford is dead?

I'm sorry. I meant Mick Jagger.
19th August 2006 11:20 AM
mojoman
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

I'm sorry. I meant Mick Jagger.

i knew paul was dead!!!
19th August 2006 02:05 PM
Taptrick

NONE

19th August 2006 02:29 PM
pdog Kools
I hate it, worst addiction I've had, and I've had a few, I stopped for three years and been smoking again for over two years now.
I have respect for anyone who doesn't smoke or has stopped smoking!
19th August 2006 02:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:
Kools
I hate it, worst addiction I've had, and I've had a few, I stopped for three years and been smoking again for over two years now.
I have respect for anyone who doesn't smoke or has stopped smoking!

I know what you mean. I smoke American Spirt Yellow for the last couple of years now and it rules my life.
19th August 2006 07:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Man, Cigarettes Are Cool

by North Landesman
March 24, 2006 The Hullabaloo.com

Humphrey Bogart is cool. James Dean is cool. Smoking is cool. Being thin is cool. Smoking cigarettes will make you thin.

Given the Achilles-like choice of dying thin, groovy and young or dying old, boring and healthy, what would you choose? A popular news agency has a list of famous smokers with one thing in common, other than their enjoyment of smooth nicotine relief: coolness. Bogart, Dean, John Lennon, Edward R. Murrow, FDR, Frank Sinatra, Solid Snake, Hunter S. Thompson and Kurt Vonnegut all unashamedly munched on death sticks. If you want to be cool like them you should smoke, too.

Smoking is on the rise all over the world. Phillip Morris, the largest tobacco corporation in the United States, made $30 billion in profits last year. Although smoking has decreased in the United States, the number of smokers is increasing in Japan, China and South America. Europe has 215 million smokers. Smoking crosses international barriers of communication. According to a pro-smoking agency, smoking improves information processing, enhances motor performance and protects against Parkinson’s disease. A study by C.J. Lee at Kentucky State University found that smokers are usually thinner than non-smokers, even when they ingest more calories.

In addition to causing “cancer,” smoking induces weight loss. Being thin is an obsession of our age. Five to 20 percent of college-age women have eating disorders. The George Mason Counseling Center says, "Traditionally [women] have abnormally low self-esteem, a desire for perfection, a sense of loneliness and isolation, and an obsession with food as it relates to body weight.”

According to this same center, “fatism” is predominant in our society. “Like racism and sexism, fatism is a prejudice based on physical characteristics. Many of us consider fatness equivalent to laziness, dumbness, ugliness, self-indulgence and lack of will power.” The message our society seems to be sending through the media, according to many women’s counseling centers, is “be thin or no one will love you and you will die alone.”

Americans in the early 2000s reached a historic milestone: the majority of our population is overweight. You would not know this if you watched the evening news, movies or anything that required looking at images. Except for that one fat girl on The Practice, and horrific Todd Solondz movies, TV shows us that only thin women with facial symmetry and large breasts are desired by hunky, successful men. Girls of America, what will make men find you more attractive, smoking cigarettes that make you thin, or stuffing your face in gallons of ice cream and self pity? Self pity has no weight losing properties, but cigarettes do!

If you’re a teenage boy, you need to let girls know that you're “bad” without the pesky danger of jail. Buying a leather jacket is a step in the right direction, but what was one generation's “Rebel without a Cause” can become tomorrow’s “gay biker.” Telling the teacher that you “play by your own rules” can get you sent to the principal’s office. The key to getting girls – other than being athletic, good looking, rich and those superficial things – is smoking.

Want to talk to a cute girl but can’t find the right thing to say? Forget “we need to talk." Try “wanna smoke?” Offering to smoke with a member of the opposite sex in your high school years is a dangerous way of getting a girl alone. Wonderful Phillip Morris brand tobacco products enable you to separate the one you want from the pack of heavily made-up blondes legally mandated to be at her side at all times. Asking a girl for a smoke is a non-creepy, socially acceptable way to be alone with her, in addition to making yourself look dangerous. Girls love “dangerous” guys and don’t love guys in juvenile prison. Take note, kids: cigarettes are cool. Can’t buy them? Ask your lazy older brother or sister who sits around watching Family Guy all day.

Cigarettes have been smoked by the cool of past and present. They make you thin, attractive and cool. Critics of cigarettes claim that they kill people and cause lung cancer. Lung cancer is not “cool,” they claim snootily while trying to get you to eat your broccoli. Lung cancer is not fun, but if cigarettes can make you look great, many people in our society would take the trade.
19th August 2006 08:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't smoke tobacco, it's dangerous for your health!

19th August 2006 08:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't smoke tobacco, it's dangerous for your health! Weed is BY FAR better in all aspects, and it's not addictive I smoke it daily since early 1970 and I ain't no addict

19th August 2006 08:22 PM
sirmoonie Moof?

19th August 2006 08:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I don't smoke tobacco, it's dangerous for your health! Weed is BY FAR better in all aspects, and it's not addictive I smoke it daily since early 1970 and I ain't no addict

Everyone’s different Voodoo. I don't know exactly what kind of cannabis you smoke, but my brother smokes skunk daily and IS addicted. He even admits so himself. He is constantly withdrawn and lacks self-esteem. Whenever we go out for a beer and he's unable to have a smoke afterwards, he flies into a rage. It controls his life and has changed him quite a bit over the past couple of years. Scientific research has always linked it with schizophrenia. I hate the stuff, especially the smell and the only time I ever have a puff is when I'm completely pissed and I prefer the booze quite a bit more too!
20th August 2006 07:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I gave up marijuana around 1990. But I'd really be interested to know if it might not be a good, natural way to help regulate the high blood pressure.
20th August 2006 07:37 AM
egon "any"
20th August 2006 11:24 AM
Jair those of MARIJUANA.
20th August 2006 11:28 AM
lotsajizz marijuana increases blood pressure in the short term...for tobacco, I'll take a Cohiba, screw ciggies

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)