ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody Goin To See "Snakes On A Plane" Return to archive
18th August 2006 02:18 PM
RollingstonesUSA
18th August 2006 02:24 PM
pdog He is my hero!
18th August 2006 02:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man It looks like absolute tripe to me. There have been no special screenings for critics for this movie, so that also suggests its not very good. Samuel L Jackson should stick to films like The Negotiator. Now that was awesome.
18th August 2006 02:51 PM
Dan For the most part I hate modern movies and haven't even been to the theatre since Team America. Haven't seen any promos for this but just the title alone makes it tempting.
18th August 2006 02:54 PM
voodoopug This looks like an awful movie, and although I like S.L. Jackson in several of his films.....this one is bound to lay an egg.

I predict WIDE OPEN THEATRES after opening weekend!
18th August 2006 03:07 PM
ExileInLA how awful does this movie look?

anyone see taledega nights yet?
18th August 2006 03:35 PM
Some Guy Best line: I'm tired of these motherf@cking snakes on this motherf@cking plane!
18th August 2006 04:27 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Best line: I'm tired of these motherf@cking snakes on this motherf@cking plane!

I think thats one of the non original sript lines, added because fo an internet spoof.
18th August 2006 04:46 PM
RollingstonesUSA
18th August 2006 04:50 PM
JaggerLips I wanna go see it, I know it's gonna be crap but hey it's not meant to be serious.

BEST ACTOR IN A SLITHERY ROLE GOES TO SID THE SNAKE, AND TO COLLECT THE AWARD BECAUSE HE HAS NO HANDS IS SAMUEL L JACKSON! HAHAHAHAHAH
18th August 2006 06:25 PM
chevysales you absolutely must check out the site and do the phone call from samual l thing...too funny!

set it up and have a listen

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/
18th August 2006 06:47 PM
lotsajizz Quentin Tarantino + Samauel L. Jackson = Genius

Samuel L. Jackson alone = mediocrity

18th August 2006 08:08 PM
mrhipfl I saw it today. It was a rediculously stupid movie, but it was still very good. It made me jump quite a few times. I reccommend it.
18th August 2006 08:08 PM
doo doo doo Dude This movie will easily win the weekend boxoffice garnering about 30M even though buzz around town is that it sucks balls.
23rd August 2006 01:39 AM
Altamont http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060823/ts_alt_afp/afpentertainmentfilm_060823001310

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Reality mirrored fiction in Phoenix, Arizona, when moviegoers watching the film "Snakes on a Plane" found a rattlesnake in the theater and one outside, cinema chain AMC Entertainment Inc. said.

"One of the snakes was found inside the theatre and the other one in the parking lot," AMC spokeswoman Melanie Bell told AFP, when asked about last weekend's incident just after the film's nationwide debut.

In a statement, AMC said no one was injured in the scare and indicated that pranksters had placed the poisonous snakes, native to the southwestern US desert, at the theater.

"We hope our guests will continue to respect their fellow moviegoers by not engaging in any disruptive activities during the film and, as always, AMC takes steps that are both proactive and cautionary to ensure the safety and security of our guests and associates," the company said.

"Snakes on a Plane" led North American movie ticket sales in its debut over the weekend but failed to live up to the hype that preceded its opening, final box office figures showed Monday.

"Snakes," a creepy-crawly thriller directed by David Ellis and starring Samuel L. Jackson, took in 15.2 million dollars, according to box office trackers Exhibitor Relations.

The film's theme -- a killer releasing snakes on a plane over the Pacific -- and a creative, self-propagating surge of Internet publicity that some had predicted would break the mold of movie marketing failed to lead to box-office gold.
23rd August 2006 04:05 AM
FotiniD I love trashy b-movies. Intentional and unintentional
23rd August 2006 10:14 AM
Factory Girl I'll pass.

But, in general, I think SJ is awesome. I loved him in "Jackie Brown".

HT Man, should I see Negotiator?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)