ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith singing AHYS on Steel Wheels outtakes Return to archive
17th August 2006 08:16 PM
Mel Belli There's this very Keith-y line:

I could persuade you with my gun
Persuade you with my blade
I will persuade you with my love

People talk about Mick smoothing down the edges of Keith's stuff a lot. At least in this case, Mick's eventual lyrics may have been too smooth. And when Mick has gotten edgy in the last 10 years, it's less like the above -- kind of sinister and beautiful at the same time -- and more like "I wanna f*ck your sweet ass."
17th August 2006 10:17 PM
Soldatti Keith was on fire during 1988-1992, I like his vocals on AHYS.
17th August 2006 10:20 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Keith was on fire during 1988-1992, I like his vocals on AHYS.

i'd even add 1993 onto that, he came up with some amazing material during VL sessions, and almost none of it used...imagine that!
17th August 2006 11:35 PM
prism Those are very personal lyrics, especially the lyrics that got edited out: "I can almost hear you sigh, I know you live nearby." It was when he lived on E. 4th Street and I lived on E. 5th Street, and every time I saw him he'd flick his pocket knife open and I'd laugh.
18th August 2006 12:09 AM
prism What about Can't Be Seen and Slipping Away? Are there lyric differences in the outtakes?
19th August 2006 05:49 PM
gotdablouse damn, for a second I thought the SW outtakes had been leaked AT LAST !

I suspect you are referring to the 15+ mn outtake of AHYSigh, that's from the TICheap sessions as is "She put the mark on me".

Where's the '89 version of "Gangster's Moll" when you need it !

aladdinstory - very true, Keith's '93/94 VL outtakes are brilliant, best stuff he's written since Exile if you ask me ! We seem to be seeing eye to eye on a lot of stuff, how come you only registered recently if you'd been reading the board for such a long time ? ;-)
[Edited by gotdablouse]
19th August 2006 05:56 PM
Altamont
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
damn, for a second I thought the SW outtakes had been leaked AT LAST !

They did.
19th August 2006 05:57 PM
TooTough Are you sleeping?

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,502111
19th August 2006 06:09 PM
gotdablouse Wow !

I had looked up that archived thread in the meantime too : http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D19%2D2006/230178-2.html

This is amazing, like gazza said "amazin aint it that there were a few days ago saying this stuff wasnt circulating out there and then POOF! a kind soul appears out of nowhere and lays it on us." no GM though, hehe, I know ;-)
19th August 2006 06:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I need this on cd. Anyone?
19th August 2006 06:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Download it from the Rocks Off Bit Torrent Tracker and burn it, if you have problems mail me, also try our help page here
19th August 2006 06:52 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Download it from the Rocks Off Bit Torrent Tracker and burn it, if you have problems mail me, also try our help page here

doesn't work. damn me.
19th August 2006 07:08 PM
gotdablouse Downloading at 62K right now, man, this is exciting, almost as exciting as buying a new Stones CD or waiting for "Voodoo Stew/Brew/Stew" to come in the mail !

Here's a repost of bwaudby's message, bless you man !

"Hi All.
I just tried to create my first torrent. It is from a cassette labeled "Rolling Stones Monitor Mixes May & June 89". I converted the tape to wave files, and then converted them to flac for the torrent. Hopefully I have done it correctly. If not, please let me know.

Here are the tracks on the tape:
Sad, Sad, Sad
Hearts For Sale
Almost Hear You Sigh
Call Girl Blues
Continental Drift
Fancyman Blues
Blinded By Love
Hold On To Your Hat
Between A Rock (And A Hard Place)
- labeled as 'Steel Wheels'
Mixed Emotions
Slipping Away
Ready Yourself (No L/Voc)
Terrifying
Precious Love

The cassette was loaned to me by a friend who got a bunch of tapes from the widow of a member of the RS road crew, so they are authentic. I only received a few tapes to start, but hopefully there are more to come."

So it seems you have a few more tapes already in your hands, any preview of what's on them ?

Looks like I'm going to have to reactivate my http://stones.servebeer.com/ site that was dormant due to the lack of new releases !
19th August 2006 07:32 PM
Poplar where is the Rocks Off Bit Torrent Tracker?
19th August 2006 09:57 PM
Mel Belli Among the many links -- full of rich content! -- found below the header. Or here for a shortcut:
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969
21st August 2006 06:43 PM
PiotrRS I';m trying to work those lyrics out, could anyone help, quite hard for non-English speaker to get everything, so to begin, here's what I caught...

Almost hear you sigh,
I know you live nearby
Somewhere near the streets
maybe we will meet
babe, I know that I...
uh, I shouldn't make you cry
uh yeah...
but I can almost hear you sigh...

babe(maybe?) ???
baby ???
baby baby please...

...uh yeah...

I get almost feeling squeezed
Babe I'm on my knees
Honey honey please...
c'mon and baby it's a ...?

I could persuade you with my gun
Persuade you with my blade
I will persuade you with my love

Oh, baby, uh yeah
Almost got the way
But there ain't no way

if I....babeeeee...c'mon...uuuuuu yeah yeah yeah

you gotta win it
when you see me
than you find it
but if you loose it, baby
babe you just got it
give it back, give it back, uh yeah...

mhmmmmm, baby...(some whispers from Keith)

you going get away
c'mon on some day
but if I'm twisted(?) I'm gonna play(?)

when you get back home,
no far from go(?)
baby, baby yeah
?? ???
come over bed but you coming ..??? here?

uhh yes...
you feel it baby!? do you feel it!? huh!? ha!
I get almost hear your sigh
you sweet (?) babe!
??? ??? babe!

uh yeah
it's going back some day
babe, clean the sheets (streets?) for me
till I find this ???, you baby

Baby, come on back home with me
searchin everywhere
searchin, searchin for you baby
I'm asking everyone
I'm asking every..asking everywhere
oh yeah...

[Edited by PiotrRS]
21st August 2006 10:08 PM
prism Thanks for those lyrics. The same theme runs through Can't Be Seen and Slipping Away, and the songs on Talk is Cheap.
22nd August 2006 11:43 AM
PiotrRS but maybe someone can help with all those "???", maybe some English speaking gentelman?
22nd August 2006 12:00 PM
PiotrRS
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:
mhmmmmm, baby...(some whispers from Keith)

can I hear correctly? Is it " baby, hear that song..."

damn, it sounds so private.
22nd August 2006 12:40 PM
Mel Belli Don't read too much into the lyrics as a whole; he most likely was just singing off the top of his head to provide a "scratch vocal"... And when Keith doesn't have words in front of him, there's always a lot of "babys" and "oohs" and "yeahs."
22nd August 2006 01:37 PM
PiotrRS I know Mell Bell, heard many Keith's outtakes. But anyway it would be nice to know what he is signing. He's improvising while the song goes on and he comes with such a beautiful lines like the one which started the thread.
22nd August 2006 01:43 PM
jb Keith really needs a hit-bad!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)