ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When the Stones play in the rain. Return to archive
20th August 2007 04:25 PM
CraigP I know tht there is a clip on Four Flicks of the Stones commenting about what they do onstage, at an outdoor show when it rains. Charlie, Mick and the circus aside (since they are under cover), what do Ron and Keith do about their guitars getting wet?

It wouldn't matter if they were just any store-bought guitars with a price tag, but these guys play some of the finest, most priceless classic guitars around, ones that should never come in contact with water.

I'm guessing that they have a back-up truck full of "for when it rains" guitars that maybe value a couple hundred thousand dollars less, but still...

Any answers or better guesses?

Thanks!
20th August 2007 10:36 PM
IanBillen
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I know tht there is a clip on Four Flicks of the Stones commenting about what they do onstage, at an outdoor show when it rains. Charlie, Mick and the circus aside (since they are under cover), what do Ron and Keith do about their guitars getting wet?

It wouldn't matter if they were just any store-bought guitars with a price tag, but these guys play some of the finest, most priceless classic guitars around, ones that should never come in contact with water.

I'm guessing that they have a back-up truck full of "for when it rains" guitars that maybe value a couple hundred thousand dollars less, but still...

Nice question. I did not see in Four Flicks when they speak of that besides Keith saying "God joins the band" every night in an out-doors show? Regardless it is a good question that I do not know the answer to. My friend told me Keith Richards had the first water-proof Guitar ever. So are their guitars made for such or how does that work?

Ian

20th August 2007 10:42 PM
sammy davis jr. They play the same guitars in the elements..... a little rain 'aint gonna hurt those guitars. Now the Chicago show when it was 30 degrees? Probably not the best elements for old guitars, but they still used 'em. Guitars can take a hell of a beating. I'm sure Ron and Keith leave their "pricey" guitars at home when they tour.
20th August 2007 11:04 PM
glencar I've been lucky enough not to see them in the rain although the 2nd Wembley show it rained up until Sheryl Crow's set, if memory serves.
21st August 2007 11:59 AM
MrPleasant "When the Stones play in the rain."

They get wet?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)