ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones banned from smoking in London on stage! Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th August 2007 11:48 AM
steel driving hammer Haven't we heard this many times before?

Remember the HBO Special?

Police give them a nod and a wave...and should.

STONES "WARNED" OVER CIGS

ROLLING Stone Keith Richards has been warned not to light up as the band play their first gig at home since the smoking ban.

A council have issued a stern warning to Richards and band-mate Ronnie Wood not to spark up when the band take to the stage at London's O2 Arena.

The ageing rockers regularly light up while playing and seem unlikely to modify their behaviour during the three show finale of the band's two-year Bigger Bang World tour.

The guitarists have been told they face a £50 fixed penalty every time they light up.

But this would be small change for the band, who are charging up to £150 a ticket.

The venue could be taken to court and fined £2500 if officials do not attempt to stop them.

Under the ban, some performers are allowed to smoke on stage.

The legislation states it is permitted "where the artistic integrity of a performance makes it appropriate for a person who is taking part to smoke".

But officials are in no mood to compromise.

Sally Dobbs from Greenwich Borough Council's Environmental Health said: "I do not think a musician playing a live gig could argue smoking was essential.

"In that situation, we would expect somebody from the venue to ask them to put it out."

20th August 2007 11:50 AM
Joey

" ROLLING Stone Keith Richards has been warned not to light up as the band play their first gig at home since the smoking ban.

A council have issued a stern warning to Richards and band-mate Ronnie Wood not to spark up when the band take to the stage at London's O2 Arena. "

!!!!!!!!

20th August 2007 11:54 AM
steel driving hammer Smoking what?

20th August 2007 11:58 AM
Mr Jurkka What the hell what kind of law is this? Cant smoke on friggin stadium? What is it going to hurt anyway .. Fuck the rules its rock n' roll God dammit one Cigarette.. 50£?
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
20th August 2007 12:00 PM
Joey " What the hell what kind of law is this? Cant smoke on friggin stadium? What is it going to hurt anyway .. Fuck the rules its rock n' roll God dammit one Cigarette.. 50£? "

Concur !!!!

I blame Bushie43 for this ......!!!!
20th August 2007 12:01 PM
steel driving hammer Think you guys call it The Taxman?
20th August 2007 12:01 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Smoking what?

mhh....I know this picture ...
20th August 2007 12:02 PM
steel driving hammer Is this where Keith falls off the stage?

20th August 2007 12:03 PM
steel driving hammer Yer very fast Jumy!
20th August 2007 12:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
What the hell what kind of law is this? Cant smoke on friggin stadium? What is it going to hurt anyway .. Fuck the rules its rock n' roll God dammit one Cigarette.. 50£?
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]

Its indoors. Its not a stadium. You cant smoke in any indoor public building anymore in the UK. This is the Stones first indoor show since the ban came in.

Keith and Ronnie will just have to go outside for a quick puff like everyone else.

Problem is, there's no readmittance if you leave the complex....
20th August 2007 12:12 PM
steel driving hammer For my baby Jo,

http://saltypig.com/blog/2006/05/large-cunt-opens-mouth.htm
20th August 2007 12:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sally Dobbs from Greenwich Borough Council's Environmental Health said: "I do not think a musician playing a live gig could argue smoking was essential.

"In that situation, we would expect somebody from the venue to ask them to put it out."

Hmm...that should be fun. We all know what happened the last time some twat ran onto a stage to have a word with Keith.....
20th August 2007 12:16 PM
steel driving hammer Howe could this be Tony, Blair?

20th August 2007 12:31 PM
Stray Cat UK good way to end the tour - Keith attacking Ken Livingston with his telecaster.BRING IT ON !

Always rumoured that the Beatles wanted to be arrested at the end of the rooftop gig,but it wasn't to be.

I'll throw him the matches !

sc uk
20th August 2007 12:33 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hmm...that should be fun. We all know what happened the last time some twat ran onto a stage to have a word with Keith.....

Hmm, yes, 1981, my favorite tour!

Stones will just have someone pay the fines, no biggie actually. Smoking should be already included w/ all the tax benefits London will get for having Da Stones there anyhoo.

NY/Stones style...

Thanks for the smile and thanks for your Slane work and pics, did you see Glencar?
20th August 2007 12:43 PM
open-g >>Sally Dobbs from Greenwich Borough Council's Environmental Health said: "I do not think a musician playing a live gig could argue smoking was essential. <<

Sally doesn't know a thing about Keith.

essential? hell yeah, like the Telecaster.
20th August 2007 02:23 PM
Joey " Hmm, yes, 1981, my favorite tour! "

< ---- Yes , I LOVE listening to boots from the 1981 / 82 tour . Whenever I hear " Hampton '81 " I get that " The Party Has Just Started Feeling " . Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me ........and you's ?!

Concur Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

Baby Joe Wolcott ! ™

20th August 2007 02:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Thanks for the smile and thanks for your Slane work and pics, did you see Glencar?

Nope. He's managed to remain elusive on all three of his trips across the pond since 2003. I must have B.O. or something.

Personally, I was more disappointed at not meeting Slavegirl.......
20th August 2007 02:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
good way to end the tour - Keith attacking Ken Livingston with his telecaster.BRING IT ON !

I would gladly even pay Fan Asylum prices to see that!
20th August 2007 02:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Nope. He's managed to remain elusive on all three of his trips across the pond since 2003. I must have B.O. or something.

a tremendous summit that would have been
20th August 2007 02:52 PM
Joey " a tremendous summit that would have been "

< --- You are ' the chosen one ' !!!!

Yes , The Emperor is very proud of mojoman

20th August 2007 05:44 PM
fireontheplatter this is to easy

20 bucks says ron wood and keith richard[s] spark up.
20th August 2007 06:49 PM
killerbitch This is going to be interesting. I bet they forget and do light up.

Or else take up chewing tobacco.
20th August 2007 08:27 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I must have B.O. or something.

Well, over here, Europeans are known for their bad B.O. but I think it's mainly England, not Ireland.

Of course America is known for a few things too...lol.

Gazza, if your going to London, you are a lucky man nonetheless. I'd lick a guys armpit for 10 mins, just to get in, not a seat, hell, I'd lick it maybe longer. These shows will be special my brother.
20th August 2007 10:49 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Keith and Ronnie will just have to go outside for a quick puff like everyone else.

Problem is, there's no readmittance if you leave the complex....

Never mind them. Let's just hope their guitars SMOKE.
20th August 2007 11:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm sorry! I swear it's just more because the folks I hang out with are either giving me tours or I'm giving them tours, depending on the visit. If you come to NYC for any rumored MSG gigs, I will make it up to you. My tits aren't as hot as slavegirl's but they'll impress nonetheless.
20th August 2007 11:18 PM
glencar BTW Did Ronnie not actually smoke the ciggie in his mouth during Keith's set? I thought I saw one quick plume of smoke but that could have been from Keith's lit ciggie.
21st August 2007 12:26 AM
Zack
quote:

Well, over here, Europeans are known for their bad B.O. but I think it's mainly England, not Ireland.

No dude, if we're making gross generalizations, its Germans. You can eat off their floors, but they won't take a friggin' shower. (Apologies to any Germans who may be reading.)
21st August 2007 03:38 AM
Mathijs But didn't Keith stop smoking since his fall from the tree? You see him one or two times on stage with a cig these days, but that's just for the show, he doesn't actually smoke anymore.

Mathijs
21st August 2007 08:37 AM
mrhipfl [quote]Mathijs wrote:
But didn't Keith stop smoking since his fall from the tree? You see him one or two times on stage with a cig these days, but that's just for the show, he doesn't actually smoke anymore.

Mathijs
[/quote

The last breath Keith takes will be a drag from a cigarette. You can't seriously think Keith stopped smoking.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)