ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question: Bigger Bang Outtakes on Vinyl Return to archive
19th August 2007 08:59 AM
Fuck! i've just bought this,

The Rolling Stones
Bigger Bang Outtakes set
two 10 inch coloured vinyl (Orange & Pink)
including booklet & Stickers
Limited Edition nr. 175 (only 300 are made)
(the first 100 are in special black hardboxes)

is this someting special? i bought it for €55,- wich i think is something like 70 USD.

thanks,

Fuck!
19th August 2007 09:14 AM
Fuck! Side-A

1. let me dopwn slow (#1) 4:15
2. it won't take long (#1) 4:07
3. Streets of love (#1) 5:06
4. biggest mistake 4:50

Side-B

1. this place is empty 3:14
2. oh no, not you again 3:46
3. dangerous beauty (#1) 4:11
4. driving too fast 4:27
5. don't wanna go home (#1) 4:31

Side-C

1. under the radar 5:07
2. let me down slow (#2) 4:15
3. let me down slow (#3) 4:16
4. it won't take long (#2) 4:09

Side-D

1. she saw me coming 3:20
2. streets of love (#2) 5:07
3. dangerous beauty (#2) 4:13
4. don't wanna go home (#2) 4:31
5. don't wanna go home (#3) 3:26

19th August 2007 10:07 AM
mrhipfl I think this was on the tracker a while ago...
19th August 2007 10:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think this was on the tracker a while ago...

Damn right it was. We circulated it in the first place!
19th August 2007 04:26 PM
pdog an Mp3 sourced vinyl bootleg, that first appeared on the RO tracker... And a fellow RO poster paid all that money for it...
FUCK!!!!
20th August 2007 06:36 AM
Fuck! yeah i could've saved the money by downloading it from rocks off, but now i've got a very nice original bootleg... and i think it's a special one too(only 300 worldwide) is there anyone here on RO who can tell me more about this one?
20th August 2007 08:21 AM
Gazza The guy who discovered them worked at a storage facility in New York which shared space with Sterling Sound studios. He was checking out a computer one day in July '05, noticed a folder which said something like "Rolling Stones Mixes" or something, checked it out and found a series of files which were rough mixes of songs for the new album. Several of the songs are longer versions than the official releases (up to a minute in some cases)

He converted them to mp3 files but had a system crash and lost the original lossless files, so they ONLY exist in lossy format. I got them from him personally when (by complete chance) checking his collection on soulseek. I downloaded them from him and then circulated them here. Gottorollme put them on a Gigasize file first of all then they went on the tracker. Usually we dont allow mp3 sourced material, but as they only exist in that format, it was permitted.
20th August 2007 09:58 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Damn right it was. We circulated it in the first place!

Those doity rat bastids!
20th August 2007 10:51 AM
Fuck! cool story gazza! so the stones new music goes to a storage nowadays? so anyone who works there can open the files and do what he wants with them? i always thought the tapes or music files were at jaggers house or a safe at a bank or recording studio, or something... lol

anyway, so you're saying that the bootleg i've bought is nothing special?

thanks for the info!

Fuck!
[Edited by Fuck!]
20th August 2007 12:16 PM
Gazza >cool story gazza! so the stones new music goes to a storage nowadays? so anyone who works there can open the files and do what he wants with them? i always thought the tapes or music files were at jaggers house or a safe at a bank or recording studio, or something... lol

they were at Sterling Sound Studios which is where the album was mastered.

>anyway, so you're saying that the bootleg i've bought is nothing special?

As you could have downloaded it in about 30 minutes for free, probably not..then again, most bootlegs circulate amongst collectors before someone decides to make money on them...

>thanks for the info!
Fuck!

You're welcome!
Fuck!!
20th August 2007 03:38 PM
glencar There's no new material in those outtakes?
20th August 2007 03:38 PM
glencar It's like a Joey post!
20th August 2007 03:41 PM
Fiji Joe I'm curious about the booklet...can you scan some of it?
20th August 2007 10:14 PM
Quiquestone Yeah........FUCK could you please post here the covers and tell us about the bootleg label.
Thanks in advances!!
21st August 2007 05:02 AM
Fuck! i'll take some pictures of this bootleg soon!

but about the label... there's no label or company on it,
but it does say this 'for fans and collectors only!'

pics coming soon!
21st August 2007 06:14 AM
Zack Who even has a turntable any more? I gave mine up 20 years ago when I couldn't get the damn needle replaced.
21st August 2007 06:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zack wrote:
Who even has a turntable any more? I gave mine up 20 years ago when I couldn't get the damn needle replaced.

me
It's my daddy's one, from 1975...I also got a good collection of vintage vynils, Creedence live, Hendrix at monterey, the Count Basie orchestra, hot Rocks and more..
21st August 2007 07:22 AM
Fuck!
quote:
Zack wrote:
Who even has a turntable any more?

i do...
have all of those OUT OF CONTROL remixes on 12 inch vinyl, i listen to them a lot lately!
[Edited by Fuck!]
21st August 2007 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Zack wrote:
Who even has a turntable any more? I gave mine up 20 years ago when I couldn't get the damn needle replaced.

I do...along with all my original Rolling Stones vinyl.
21st August 2007 11:30 AM
gimmekeef I paid for many boots over the years before there were torrent trackers.Never got ripped off and in most cases the artwork and packaging were worth the money.Not sure there would be as many concerts in as good a quality for sharing if "labels" such as:
VGP/Dog and Cat
Rattlesnake
The Swingin Pig
etc

Did not have some sales to keep them interested in making the boots.There disrespect for the original tapers etc is another story.Guess Gerry Garcia summed it up best about tapers and boots...."When the note leaves my fretboard..I'm done with it"
21st August 2007 11:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Garcia summed it up best about tapers and boots...."When the note leaves my fretboard..I'm done with it"

I feel the same way about my posts.

Saint Sway: Providing posts for tapers and bootleggers since 2002.
21st August 2007 01:53 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I feel the same way about my posts.

Saint Sway: Providing posts for tapers and bootleggers since 2002.

I await the Collected Works.
21st August 2007 08:29 PM
cabledogg2
quote:
Zack wrote:

I've got 10 of them and about 1000 albums................long live vinyl!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)