ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Patti Smith did Gimme Shelter yesterday Return to archive
17th August 2007 08:28 PM
Dan Free show at the Santa Monica pier, did a nearly 2 hour set. I know she covers this a lot, this time Flea joined her on bass and he also played on a quite a few songs. Probably the best of the 3 times I had seen her and a great setting for a show. Might do Los Lobos there in 2 weeks.

After that it was off to the Echoplex where they were having a free Camel sponsored show. Too late for the Gore Gore Girls (saw them the night before at Amoeba - great!), but saw most of Irving then all of Midnight Movies. I got some free cigarettes even though I don't smoke.

As we were heading out my friend returned a call to find out another friend was at Zen Sushi around the corner where 45 Grave was supposed to go in a few minutes.

We get there just as they are playing the first song. A little late but probably just in time as whoever was supposed to be collecting the money had already called it a night. They were a lot of fun, probably my favorite band of the whole night.

Hopefully catch some quick snoozes and find another gig tonight. I just might break my previous record of 7 shows in 5 days sometime this weekend.
17th August 2007 09:44 PM
GimmeExile Damn, I missed it...That's cool Flea played bass.

17th August 2007 09:47 PM
the good Didn't Mick once say he thought she was crap?
19th August 2007 08:18 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
the good wrote:
Didn't Mick once say he thought she was crap?

Agree
19th August 2007 05:29 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
the good wrote:

I doubt it. Get me a credible citation.
19th August 2007 08:25 PM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:

Who cares, Keith likes her... Maybe Goddess In The Doorway and his soon to be released best of will be just what you need... It's pretty obvious Mick listens to alot of the same bands that 16 year old girls like... I say whatever...
20th August 2007 09:34 AM
BONOISLOVE Patti WHAT?
20th August 2007 01:19 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Who cares, Keith likes her... Maybe Goddess In The Doorway and his soon to be released best of will be just what you need... It's pretty obvious Mick listens to alot of the same bands that 16 year old girls like... I say whatever...

Has Mick rendered an opinion on Hilary Duff?
20th August 2007 04:07 PM
Martha I just caught Patti's show for the first time and she was INCREDIBLE. Her band is amazing, all multi-instrumentalists. She did a 2 hour 10 minute set. I'm ready to see her again.

Los Lobos played in Fort Collins yesterday at the New West Fest. The show was free. NWF is a weekend party Fort Collins throws for the incoming freshman. Bruce Hornsby headlined on Saturday night but we weren't interested in seeing him. During the show Los Lobos played "Not Fade Away" then went right into "Bertha". Also covered "My Generation" and "Cinnamon Girl". Very nice set. I'll see them again too.

Keep rockin'!

xxoo,
Martha

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)