ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: James Blunt Has A Message For His Critics Return to archive
14th August 2007 06:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 08/13/07
Categories: Music News
Starpulse.com

James Blunt Has A Message For His Critics

Singer/songwriter James Blunt has blasted his critics, insisting people who hate him and his music need counseling. Blunt, whose hit song You're Beautiful was voted the most irritating song of all time in a recent British poll, is fed up of being slammed by people who do not know him.

He tells dissenters, "Off to the counselor with you, mate. Because it's nothing to do with me. I'm pretty sure I'm not a horrid person. I don't think I am."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th August 2007 06:13 AM
Jumacfly I d like to see this poll....Blunt is the lamest pop singer of last year, this year the faggoty Mika deserves the award!
I fuckin hate this guy !
14th August 2007 11:49 AM
Your Cousin Lou He isn't that bad - his singles were just overplayed.
14th August 2007 11:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
He isn't that bad - his singles were just overplayed.

"you re beautiful" and "goodbye" suck donkey balls.
14th August 2007 12:01 PM
_Boomy_ Seriously.

Who panties did he soil with that putrid "You're Beautiful"?

Just my opinion, but the guy will probably be a one-trick pony. At least he made it, huh?

Scuzzbucket.
14th August 2007 12:44 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

"you re beautiful" and "goodbye" suck donkey balls.

And they were probably the two worst songs on the album.
14th August 2007 01:12 PM
Mr Jurkka Did you know that he was a Britis Army Captain or some major boss there.. and he was leading some secret mission in Far-east or some where there it might been kazakshtan too. And the he quit the job because he was fed up with war and he wanted to sing peace and that stuff.

[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
14th August 2007 01:13 PM
Starbuck
14th August 2007 02:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Did you know that he was a Britis Army Captain or some major boss there.. and he was leading some secret mission in Far-east or some where there it might been kazakshtan too. And the he quit the job because he was fed up with war and he wanted to sing peace and that stuff.

He may be a war hero but he'll never be forgiven for keeping "A Bigger Bang" from the #1 position (by about 50 copies!) and preventing the Stones from being the only act to top the UK album charts in five decades!!!
14th August 2007 02:57 PM
Nellcote Gazza, we have 2 1/2 years left to this decade, look on the bright side!
14th August 2007 03:37 PM
Gazza "Rarities 2" aint gonna do it, Nelly!

Sad to say, the only way the Stones will top the charts is if one of them croaks it, and the unwashed masses start buying their albums by the truckload in that bizarre expression of 'grief reaction' that always happens when some famous musician kicks the bucket.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2007 03:39 PM
Ronnie Richards I've got a message for Blunt: Fuck off and die..

Seriously, is there any reason why despicable human beings like Blunt should exist?
There are too many people on this planet as it is..
14th August 2007 08:12 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Did you know that he was a Britis Army Captain or some major boss there.. and he was leading some secret mission in Far-east or some where there it might been kazakshtan too. And the he quit the job because he was fed up with war and he wanted to sing peace and that stuff.

[Edited by Mr Jurkka]

It was in Kosovo.
14th August 2007 08:13 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Gazza wrote:

He may be a war hero but he'll never be forgiven for keeping "A Bigger Bang" from the #1 position (by about 50 copies!) and preventing the Stones from being the only act to top the UK album charts in five decades!!!

Has anyone else done 4?
14th August 2007 09:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

11 copies Gazza!
The Stones album sold 43,466 copies, and Blunt 43,477. The Stones actually sold 825 copies more in Great Britain but Blunt trounce them 1,381 sales to 545 in Northern Ireland.
14th August 2007 10:49 PM
LoveinVainRonnie This guy always sounds like he just had his balls kicked in...I hate him.
14th August 2007 10:55 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Okay, I don't even know this guy OR his music, but that's good enough reason for me to hate him right there.
15th August 2007 03:22 AM
Fuck! yeah fucking stupid irritating gay pop tunes! i can't stand 'em!!!! aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!

[Edited by Fuck!]
15th August 2007 10:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I know artists are usually a bit over sensitive when someone criticizes their work, but it seems to me that Blunt has gone over the top. He's the one in need of a shrink.
15th August 2007 02:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

11 copies Gazza!
The Stones album sold 43,466 copies, and Blunt 43,477. The Stones actually sold 825 copies more in Great Britain but Blunt trounce them 1,381 sales to 545 in Northern Ireland.

So you keep reminding me (you bastardo!). Hardly significant to be honest as it amounts to an area that has about 2.5% of the population

However, the UK charts arent broken down into regions like that, so with it being THAT close a contest you could find numerous parts of the UK where one artist heavilly outsold the other and vice versa.
15th August 2007 02:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Has anyone else done 4?

Cliff Richard has had no.1 albums in four decades, his first in 1961 and his most recent in 1993. Most of his #1 albums have been compilations, though.

The Beatles had #1's in the 60's, 70's,90's and in the current decade ("1") but none in the 80's.

I cant imagine anyone else has achieved that.

The Stones had 10 #1 albums in the UK. Nine of them studio albums. Not one compilation. Quite a feat. Studio albums at #1 in four different decades would be unique.

The Rolling Stones (1964)
The Rolling Stones No.2 (1965)
Aftermath (1966)
Let It Bleed (1969)
Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! (1970)
Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile On Main Street (1972)
Goats Head Soup (1973)
Emotional Rescue (1980)
Voodoo Lounge (1994)

A further nine albums reached #2 (7 studio albums, plus 'Through The Past Darkly' and '40 Licks')

The 3 EP's released in 1964-65 all topped the EP charts.

[Edited by Gazza]
15th August 2007 02:55 PM
egon his voice...

oh, the pain,

the pain in my ears.
21st August 2007 02:12 PM
Wide As The Clyde 'James Blunt' is ryhming slang, round our way.
21st August 2007 03:11 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Damn that asshole..
21st August 2007 03:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

11 copies Gazza!

What's the worldwide tally for ABB now? You mentioned recently that it's been surprisingly well. Numbers, please!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)