ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best EVER Live Led Zeppelin on DIME!!! Return to archive
13th August 2007 08:31 AM
MRD8 A new torrent showed up on DIME yesterday that contains THE best live recording of Led Zeppelin, better in my opinion than The Song Remains The Same or How The West Was Won....here the link and info, see what you think!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=157980&page=0#startcomments

Led Zeppelin
1973-01-22
Southampton University
Southampton

Multitrack Recording

01. Rock and Roll
02. Over The Hills And Far Away
03. Black Dog
04. Misty Mountain Hop
05. Since I've Been Loving You
06. Dancing Days
07. The Song Remains The Same
08. The Rain Song
09. Dazed and Confused
10. Stairway to Heaven
11. Whole Lotta Love
12. Heartbreaker
13. Thank You
14. How Many More Times
15. Communication Breakdown
13th August 2007 10:28 AM
gimmekeef Wow some incredible comments on the quality of this.Thnaks for the heads up MRD8 much appreciated as always...Any idea when the rumored re-master of this will be coming?
13th August 2007 11:13 AM
Dan I am listening to this now.
13th August 2007 11:17 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am listening to this now.

Would appreciate your rating or comments Dan....
13th August 2007 11:58 AM
Jakeb206 this recording is simply amazing. I heard about something like this a couple days ago and have just been waiting for it to apear.

13th August 2007 02:03 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Would appreciate your rating or comments Dan....

Just an amazing performance, quality and setlist. Haven't heard it all yet, doing it in bits and pieces when my eyes start to hurt from staring at waveforms too much, right now I am stacking up masters faster than I can transfer them.
13th August 2007 02:20 PM
guitarman53 Very popular site, I tried to sign up, but if it's more then 100,100, don't accept more sign ups then that.
13th August 2007 02:27 PM
Dan
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Very popular site, I tried to sign up, but if it's more then 100,100, don't accept more sign ups then that.

Keep hitting F5 on the registration page, eventually a slot will open up.
13th August 2007 02:28 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Dan..I'll grab this tonight.....
13th August 2007 03:47 PM
axl79 Thanks a lot for the hint , MRD8.

This will be my first Led zeppelin torrent I grab.
I have been waiting for somthing really good...and now it's seems to be here !

[Edited by axl79]
13th August 2007 05:05 PM
SweetVirginia Thanks MRD8...it's amazing.

SV
13th August 2007 08:10 PM
MRD8 As promised here is the link to the first remastered version of this soon to be classic show(if it isn't already after only one day!)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=158255

ARTIST: Led Zeppelin
TITLE: N/A
DATE: January 22nd, 1973
VENUE: Southampton University
SOURCE: Multi-track SBD
QUALITY: A/A+ (Would've been A+ if not for some light-moderate hiss that is mostly audible only during quiet sections)
ARTWORK: Included (contains photos supposedly taken from this show)

TRACKLISTING:
Disc 1:
1. Rock and Roll
2. Over The Hills And Far Away
3. Black Dog
4. Misty Mountain Hop
5. Since I've Been Loving You
6. Dancing Days
7. The Song Remains The Same
8. The Rain Song
9. Dazed and Confused

Disc 2:
10. Stairway to Heaven
11. Whole Lotta Love
12. Heartbreaker
13. Thank You
14. How Many More Times
15. Communication Breakdown

TOTAL RUNTIME: 2HR 32MINS 19SECS

LINEAGE: Multi-track master>stereo mix down>?>flac>wav>Cool Edit Pro v2.1>flac 6

TRANSFER/EDITING NOTES:
This incredible recording was supposedly taken direct from the multi-track master tape. Therefore, this would be the 1st generation stereo mixdown if correct. I believe this to be true given the sound quality of the recording. This is also the complete show which is rare in soundboard quality. I took the opportunity to remaster the recording because I thought it could benefit from a few small adjustments. Firstly, there is a muddiness to the source which comes from low-mid frequencies. This has been adjusted. Secondly, the levels flucuate from track to track on the source. I have remedied this issue. I have also used some light compression to get a more balanced, crisp sound. What is produced, as a result of these edits, is, in my opinion, a superior sounding recording. I hope you agree! No limiting or noise reduction of any kind has been used. Enjoy this new classic Zeppelin performance!
18th August 2007 06:50 PM
GimmeExile Which one is better? Original or Remasterd?

[Edited by GimmeExile]
19th August 2007 01:19 AM
mac_daddy original.

as a general rule, the original is ALWAYS better than the remaster, unless the person doing the remaster has a last name of ludwig or a moniker of mickboy.
19th August 2007 11:04 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
original.

as a general rule, the original is ALWAYS better than the remaster, unless the person doing the remaster has a last name of ludwig or a moniker of mickboy.

Doug Sax and Steve Hoffman also do pretty good remasters. But a remastered bootleg is not really a remaster - more of a simple eq job.
20th August 2007 09:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Doug Sax and Steve Hoffman also do pretty good remasters. But a remastered bootleg is not really a remaster - more of a simple eq job.

of course. and there are others...

i agree with your second statement, though i would add "often made with subpar equipment and tuned by untrained ears."

20th August 2007 10:27 PM
GimmeExile mac_daddy, it's nice to see you back...Where have you been?
21st August 2007 12:53 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
mac_daddy, it's nice to see you back...Where have you been?

been around, but i guess i have been more of a lurker than a poster as of late...

i hope all is well with you.

21st August 2007 11:59 AM
gimmekeef For fans of boots this is a must have...superb and very enjoyable.Million thanks to taper and uploaders and seeders who make it all go round..Interesting to now compare a 73 Led Zep boot of this quality against the Stones 73 Brussels...Both excellent however of course I give the edge to the Stones.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)