ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sorry Elvis is still King Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th August 2007 09:01 AM
Chuck Kilroy wrote:

"Man, I'm sorry I offended you, it was about E that's all don't get upset. If you don't like him that's cool. You don't have to call people names if they don't agree with you, get over it. True Real Southerner's forgive but never forget.
Is that helpful. It's my little quote I've giving you 3 or 4 definitions of the term, youve showed me over and over again you will refuse to understand. You Understand you just want to fight on this forum because you don't agree. That's cool. This really hurts you doesnt it Hoss. Are you a fan were you a fan?"

You're lying again.

I didn't call you names. I called you on your dishonesty and your inability to prove that some absolute category of 'true/real southerner' exists.

You did not define it 3 or 4 times. You simply played a shell game with the words true and real while posting gibberish.

Whether I like Elvis or not is immaterial---your claim that someone is not a 'true southerner' if they don't care for Elvis is subjective and exclusionary garbage. It's like saying 'true Stones fan' or 'true American' or 'true German'. (Did that last one ring a bell? )

Your claim that I must be hurt, offended, hateful, etc. is merely projection on your part.

It's people like you who give the South a bad name.

20th August 2007 09:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The only true southern I know of is Clark Gable.
20th August 2007 10:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th August 2007 10:52 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
"The colored folks been singing it and playing it just like I'm doin' now, man, for more years than I know...

For more years than I know too, Does that make me King, Absolutely not!

" Chuck Berry " is the King of Rock and Roll my friend.

Sorry it goes "against the grain", but so do the Stones.

Thanks.

Cheers.
20th August 2007 10:53 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Promo wrote:
My parents laughed and said..."Oh look, there's Elvis"
Elvis always looked like a Karaoke singer next to the British bands of the 60's.

Well said.
20th August 2007 06:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle "The colored folks been singing it and playing it just like I'm doin' now, man, for more years than I know... I used to hear old Arthur Crudup bang his box the way I do now and I said if I ever got to the place where I could feel what old Arthur felt, I'd be a music man like nobody ever saw."

Elvis in 1956 about "That's All Right Mama".

quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
For more years than I know too, Does that make me King, Absolutely not!

" Chuck Berry " is the King of Rock and Roll my friend.

Sorry it goes "against the grain", but so do the Stones.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Posted that quote to refute your claim that Elvis stole without giving credit.

You've now responded twice, and changed the topic each time to argue against something that wasn't even mentioned in it.

Carry on.
20th August 2007 07:42 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

"Man, I'm sorry I offended you, it was about E that's all don't get upset. If you don't like him that's cool. You don't have to call people names if they don't agree with you, get over it. True Real Southerner's forgive but never forget.
Is that helpful. It's my little quote I've giving you 3 or 4 definitions of the term, youve showed me over and over again you will refuse to understand. You Understand you just want to fight on this forum because you don't agree. That's cool. This really hurts you doesnt it Hoss. Are you a fan were you a fan?"

You're lying again.

I didn't call you names. I called you on your dishonesty and your inability to prove that some absolute category of 'true/real southerner' exists.

You did not define it 3 or 4 times. You simply played a shell game with the words true and real while posting gibberish.

Whether I like Elvis or not is immaterial---your claim that someone is not a 'true southerner' if they don't care for Elvis is subjective and exclusionary garbage. It's like saying 'true Stones fan' or 'true American' or 'true German'. (Did that last one ring a bell? )

Your claim that I must be hurt, offended, hateful, etc. is merely projection on your part.

It's people like you who give the South a bad name.

To try to end this. No there is no true Stone's Fan, No true southerner, No True anything. I would never give the South A bad Name. Do you agree that the only person to be true to is yourself and how you feel about yourself.
The last statement by you shows your are hurt by saying "I give the South a bad name". I told you over and over it's how I feel, I not telling you how to feel. Get Over it. It's not projection on my part those are all words you=used , I never called you anything. You like a child used the name calling. Read your own words.Hoss.

20th August 2007 07:44 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The only true southern I know of is Clark Gable.

Watch it!
20th August 2007 08:01 PM
Kilroy By the way Hoss Elvis has Left the Building!

[Edited by Kilroy]
20th August 2007 08:31 PM
Chuck "To try to end this. No there is no true Stone's Fan, No true southerner, No True anything. I would never give the South A bad Name. Do you agree that the only person to be true to is yourself and how you feel about yourself.
The last statement by you shows your are hurt by saying "I give the South a bad name". I told you over and over it's how I feel, I not telling you how to feel. Get Over it. It's not projection on my part those are all words you=used , I never called you anything. You like a child used the name calling. Read your own words.Hoss."

LOL! You're still lying. I'll tell you what---show me where I called you names and I'll apologize for hurting your feelings, son.
20th August 2007 08:37 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Carry on.

No good, can't speak, wound up, no sleep.
Sky diver insider her, skip rope, stunt flyer.
Wounded lover, got no time on hand.

Carry on...
20th August 2007 08:57 PM
Kilroy Not that it makes any real difference but you called me a liar 2 or 3 times. You said I was talking in code words , whicjh by the way is another words racist tak, so you called me a racist. You said I said that you had to be a Elvis fan to be a southern, I never did. Every time I said I was sorry for offendind you, you came back and said I was what gave the South a bad name. Need I go on. Son, hoss, German
[Edited by Kilroy]
20th August 2007 09:09 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
[quote]Kilroy wrote:
Not that it makes any real difference but you called me a liar 2 or 3 times. You said I was talking in code words , which by the way is another words racist tak, so you called me a racist. You said I said that YOU had to be a Elvis fan to be a southerner, I never did. And if you think I said that, that what I said, get over it. Every time I said I was sorry for offending you, you came back and said I was what gave the South a bad name or some other statement about what you thought I said. Need I go on, You don't have to apologies hey I like Keith Moon Suppose I said Moon Lives In the Hearts of Every True Drummer. Does that bother you.

20th August 2007 09:51 PM
Chuck
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
[quote]Kilroy wrote:
Not that it makes any real difference but you called me a liar 2 or 3 times. You said I was talking in code words , whicjh by the way is another words racist tak, so you called me a racist. You said I said that you had to be a Elvis fan to be a southern, I never did. Every time I said I was sorry for offending you, you came back and said I was what gave the South a bad name. Need I go on, You don't have to apologies buddy.

That wasn't name calling per se. I don't know you from Adam. Hell, for all I know, you're a stand-up guy---a mensch. But when I hear exclusionary language like "true southerners", I break out the sawed-off.

For the record, I'm an Elvis fan. He had a great voice---I just don't think he was 'the king' of anything. No hard feelings, brother.

20th August 2007 10:24 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Chuck wrote:

That wasn't name calling per se. I don't know you from Adam. Hell, for all I know, you're a stand-up guy---a mensch. But when I hear exclusionary language like "true southerners", I break out the sawed-off.

For the record, I'm an Elvis fan. He had a great voice---I just don't think he was 'the king' of anything. No hard feelings, brother.

Thank you Chuck And Looking back I see and agree with you. I will think very long and hard about the Term True Southerner. As far as King, Elvis said it best, their is only One King. Yes Elvis' Voice Never Failed him. You know the Thing That made me want to break out the double barrel, was the "People like You give the South a bad name"
Coming from a Virginian that hurt. Truely sorry for that, enough to retract the post if need be.
20th August 2007 10:53 PM
Chuck Don't retract a thing Kilroy. I understand where you're coming from now. Sorry about the cheap shot. Raise a glass to the South. We're lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

All the best to you and yours,

Emmett

20th August 2007 11:08 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Don't retract a thing Kilroy. I understand where you're coming from now. Sorry about the cheap shot. Raise a glass to the South. We're lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

All the best to you and yours,

Emmett

Here's to you from one of my favoritre Bourbon glasses:
To Be A Virgianian
either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side,
is an introduction to any state in the union, A passport
to any foreign country and a benediction from above.

Thank you.

21st August 2007 10:17 AM
Martha Now stop this fighting or I'll SHOOT!

;-)
----------------------------------------

Presley-owned handgun stolen from museum

2 hours, 14 minutes ago

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A handgun owned by Elvis Presley was stolen from a museum as fans converged on Memphis to mark the 30th anniversary of the singer's death, authorities said.

The black, 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol was taken Tuesday from a display case in the Elvis After Dark museum, across the street from Graceland, Presley's mansion, police said.

A video camera caught a man removing the pistol from the display case around midnight.

The theft was discovered Friday when a visitor noticed that a glass panel on the case was unfastened and Graceland officials reviewed the video. Graceland operates the museum.

Presley died at Graceland on Aug. 16, 1977, and is buried in a small garden beside the house.
21st August 2007 12:14 PM
Chuck Don't shoot!! I'm not really an asshole, I only play one on the internet.

========

Snopes demolishing the 'Elvis was a racist' myth:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley1.asp

21st August 2007 12:29 PM
Martha Never forget......no one likes assholes, not even assholes! ;-)

Bang Bang!
21st August 2007 08:14 PM
*ginda Wonder if old Jerry Lee has an alibi? He's been known to creep around Graceland.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)