ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards immortal! Return to archive
7th August 2007 08:57 AM
moy Keith Richards immortal!
Posted on Aug 6 07
Paul Millar

Rolling Stone legend, Keith Richards, has insisted that he will never stop drinking, and has claimed that he has outlived a number of doctors who have warned him against it.

The Brown Sugar guitarist, who was once addicted to heroin for 10 years, claims decades of hard-partying have taught him to know his limits.

He said: “They keep telling me to stop drinking, but I can’t be bothered.

“It’s like, ‘You don’t know me, I know me.’ The people who’ve told me to stop doing this and that and they’ve croaked.

“Not that I want to brag about it, but I mean, I’ve had about three doctors who told me, ‘If you carry on like this, you will be dead in six months.’ I went to their funerals.”

Last month, Richards made a joke remark that he would live to 150! His alcoholic, drug abusive lifestyle has seen him through till his later years, so why not live for even longer, he thinks to himself.

7th August 2007 09:30 AM
Joey

" Rolling Stone legend, Keith Richards, has insisted that he will never stop drinking ... "

7th August 2007 10:25 AM
Mel Belli For all the myth-mongering that surrounds Keith, in all likelihood he will die a relatively young man. It's sad -- and avoidable.
7th August 2007 11:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
For all the myth-mongering that surrounds Keith, in all likelihood he will die a relatively young man. It's sad -- and avoidable.

He's old already. And he's still on the road. At ths stage of the game, what more could you ask for?
7th August 2007 01:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

He's old already. And he's still on the road. At ths stage of the game, what more could you ask for?

63 ain't old -- not by today's standards. I'm not asking for anything. But I think it'd be in Keith's interest - and his family's - to live as long as he possibly can.
7th August 2007 01:26 PM
sammy davis jr. Patti and the kids shouldn't have too long a wait for the $$$$$$$$. But at this point, he isn't going to prolong his life by quitting anything.
7th August 2007 07:13 PM
gorda Man, I wish I was rich and could afford to get drunk every day!
7th August 2007 07:26 PM
fireontheplatter 63, to me, is getting up there....even by todays standards.
ones liver/kidneys/lungs can go ca put anytime.

i am glad they are aliver than you'll ever be.

i hope they find the miners alive in utah
7th August 2007 09:43 PM
Kilroy The guy Rocks hard, it's his life, No one knows but Keith Richards what it's like to be Keith Richards. He can't stop, he won't stop, he does not need to stop, unless he wants to.period! Live on Keith Richards so far your a real rock-n-roller, not a poser. Thanks for the nod and Thumbs up October 5th.
7th August 2007 09:46 PM
glencar Ronnie stopped.
7th August 2007 10:05 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ronnie stopped.

has he started again though?
7th August 2007 10:22 PM
fireontheplatter i'm going to stop and quit after this tour is over....thats for damn sure.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
7th August 2007 10:23 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i'm going to stop and quit after this tour is over....thats for damn sure.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

what is your avatar?
7th August 2007 10:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

what is your avatar?

a bald eagle...feeding her chick.

brillient, ain't she.

7th August 2007 10:49 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

a bald eagle...feeding her chick.

brillient, ain't she.

not a NYC scene surely...........
7th August 2007 10:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

not a NYC scene surely...........

no definitly not....but they do nest 90 mile north of the city... they need fish to survive...not maggots.
8th August 2007 06:37 AM
lotsajizz Keith has generally sucked since The Fiji Fall. The rare good nights just seem sore reminders of what once was....
8th August 2007 09:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
Man, I wish I was rich and could afford to get drunk every day!

You don't have to be rich to get drunk everyday.
8th August 2007 11:43 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

You don't have to be rich to get drunk everyday.

Yeah, but you do have to be rich to *afford* to get drunk everyday.
9th August 2007 07:17 AM
corgi37 Remember that heavy metal doco from early 90's. "Decline of civilisation" or something. Had the bass player from W.A.S.P. fully clothed in the pool, drinking straight from a vodka bottle, with his poor old Mum watching nearby.

Wonder if he' s dead?
[Edited by corgi37]
15th August 2007 03:56 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Rolling Stone legend, Keith Richards, has insisted that he will never stop drinking ... "

Joey?

16th August 2007 10:52 AM
Mr Jurkka That ain't good news.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)