ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

With some hardcore groupies in London!
The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© Annie Leibovitz!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Gazza Appreciation Society Forum
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Humor me....02 attendees sign in. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
3rd August 2007 09:31 AM
danielharris627
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Good on ya,son..glad to hear you got in...which night>?

Just the 21st for me! Although I am still tempted to go to the 23rd...
3rd August 2007 09:44 AM
Gazza Glad to hear it. Well done. We look forward to seeing you and of course we'll act like responsible adults and not get you smashed...
3rd August 2007 09:52 AM
danielharris627 Haha
Do you have any idea who is supporting them?
3rd August 2007 09:56 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm going to call them this weekend and ask what's happening with the 21/8/07 tickets and will post what info I get.

Thanks Gazza! We can always count on you for the answers to all of our ROLLING STONES questions!

3rd August 2007 12:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
Haha
Do you have any idea who is supporting them?

The Kooks and Jet are mentioned on the 02 website as the opening acts. I assume its one opener per show, so I'm not sure which band is playing which night (theres nothing on either of their official sites)

The opener for the third night has been confirmed as The Enemy
3rd August 2007 09:46 PM
tumblingdice01 I got an e-mail today from etix that said my ticket for the 26th was sent yesterday from The Netherlands. Great news!
4th August 2007 10:21 AM
roadster32 Will be there from Dublin on for all shows.

See ya.
5th August 2007 05:28 AM
Hannalee I'll be there for the 1st and 3rd nights. Is anyone else (a)staying at the Covent Garden Travelodge? (b)thinking of going by the Thames Clipper?
5th August 2007 01:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I'm getting worried, my tickets for the first show 21st never came in the mail, and the next show 23rd's tickets arrived a week ago! Did anyone get their tickets for the 21st yet?

I phoned TM today about this problem but as usual, they were about as useful as a pair of tits on a bull.

If youre overseas and havent got your tickets yet, the number to ring is their Customer Support line
+ (44) 8444 999 999

They're open during the week from 9 am to 8 pm. I'll be ringing them tomorrow about the tickets Meg ordered for us (which they were able to confirm STILL havent been sent, but not WHY) so hopefully whoever I speak to tomorrow will be able to give me a general idea about when theyre being mailed out which will apply to everyone in the same boat.
5th August 2007 05:35 PM
Bitch Thanks for the update - hope they mail these tickets out SOON!
6th August 2007 08:08 AM
Gazza Phoned them today and the plot thickens. Whilst they wouldnt discuss too much detail of the transaction with me because it was Meg who had bought them and not myself, they said that the tickets were sent mid-July. I told them that this made no sense as

1) No e-mail confirmation had been sent to confirm that the tickets were being dispatched (they said they dont necessarily send one. I replied that this was bullshit as I have similar e-mails for four other shows that week for which I have bought tickets)

2) I dont know anyone overseas who has received tickets for this show, yet everyone I know who bought tickets for the other shows has received their tickets (they replied that as there has been occasional postal disputes in the UK, this may have held things up.Absolute nonsense. These disputes have been for around 1 day at a time.)

3) I had been told by their Manchester office yesterday that the tickets, according to the details of the account, had NOT been dispatched.

Basically, they wont do anything until around a week before the event but the girl said she'd notify their postal section of the potential problem of several people not having received their 21/8 tickets yet (yeah, I bet she will).

If you don't have your tickets by around a week before the show, call them and they will make alternative arrangements (ie, will-call)
6th August 2007 09:35 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for trying, Gazza!! Lets hope they really are in the mail.
I don't relish going to will-call..it will cut into "party time"!!
6th August 2007 05:23 PM
TooTough I´m in, all 3: O1, O2 and O3.
See you there.
7th August 2007 06:55 AM
RSRTG My tickets arrived here today for 23rd and 26th....breathes a sigh of relief!

I just hope that the ticket for the tuesday show, which my travel agent booked through world ticket shop ( i think)arrives safely at my hotel in London.

I hopefully will see some of you at the pub b4 the shows!

I'm staying at a hotel at the Royal Victoria Docks which apparently isnt too far from the o2.

Just gotta get through being on a plane for 20 hours!
7th August 2007 12:11 PM
Bitch
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
My tickets arrived here today for 23rd and 26th....breathes a sigh of relief!

Glad you got your tickets for the 2nd and 3rd show! I'm still waiting for the first night's tickets as well.

A 20 hour flight??? Where are you flying in from? Hope you can sleep on the plane so when you get to London you'll be ready for a week of non-stop STONES partying!
7th August 2007 12:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

A 20 hour flight??? Where are you flying in from?

[Edited by Gazza]
7th August 2007 01:56 PM
gimmekeef 20 hours?..likely a Delta flight from Atlanta that would normally take 9 hrs.....
7th August 2007 02:28 PM
TooTough
quote:
RSRTG wrote:

???

[Edited by TooTough]
7th August 2007 03:54 PM
stones40 Stones40 has now received tickets for 21/8 & 23/8/07.
Will be at both with my eldest son (28) who has been at each 'Stones' tour since 1995.
My first live 'Stones' concert was in Glasgow in 1965 and they must have created an impression on myself as i have seen them in each decade ever since.
8th August 2007 03:42 AM
montana i'll be there for the second and third show
8th August 2007 06:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
montana wrote:
i'll be there for the second and third show

\
It will be a pleasure to meet you, my fellow Mick Chick!!!
8th August 2007 06:33 AM
montana
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
\
It will be a pleasure to meet you, my fellow Mick Chick!!!

pleasure is mine! hope to see ya there
8th August 2007 07:10 AM
RSRTG I got a 7.5 hour (approx) flight from Adelaide to kuala lumpur, then I have another 13.5 hours (approx)to London. I'm flying business class so hopefully I'll be relaxed as much as I can...or as drunk as I can.
No matter wot.....i'm going to be there!
8th August 2007 07:53 AM
montana yup! it seems i didnt have enough with spanish show LOL
8th August 2007 08:18 AM
Gazza Glad to hear you're coming. See you there
8th August 2007 08:20 AM
LadyJane What a list!!!
I am so happy for all of you.

Don't forget.
We wants LOTS of pics.

You guys BETTER be toasting those of us that are sitting home in sadness.

LJ.
8th August 2007 02:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG Not to worry, LJ!!!

Much Toasting to you all!!!. So no need for tears. You just join us while you are posting the photos we send you...
8th August 2007 05:25 PM
Bitch
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Now, Now big boy.

This is perhaps the largest gathering in RO history.
I may not be going but anything I can do to promote Summitting is well worth it.

LJ.

Did you open a photobucket account? It's the easiest place to upload the pics once you recieve them, and it's fast to post them here after you get them in there. If you can do that, you'll be doing good for ROCKS OFF.
8th August 2007 05:32 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Did you open a photobucket account? It's the easiest place to upload the pics once you recieve them, and it's fast to post them here after you get them in there. If you can do that, you'll be doing good for ROCKS OFF.

All set, Bitch (I just love saying that)
I have volunteered to receive and posts texts and pics.

Video clips...I dunno.
I may call on GTRM for that task.

LJ.
9th August 2007 05:36 AM
egon lj

sorry, have not tested the system yet.
i'll try to send u a few things this w/e.

i am sure you can do videos too.
it's no different then uploading to photobucket.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)