ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Security increased for Stones show Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 01:31 PM
Lazy Bones Security increased for Stones show

BOSTON (AP) - Fans at Tuesday's Rolling Stones concert will see more security than on opening night, when a woman climbed into the rafters at Fenway Park and fell to the seats below.

Twenty-year-old Claire O'Leary of Westport, Conn., was hospitalized with two broken ankles and a broken wrist after she fell 10 to 12 metres Sunday from the rafters above the right-field grandstand.

Although more than 50 police officers and Red Sox security personnel patrolled the ballpark during Sunday's concert, they didn't see O'Leary climbing.

Additional officers will be stationed in the grandstands Tuesday night. City officials said they hadn't realized a fan could reach the rafters from the stands at Fenway.

Emergency workers cleared the seats beneath O'Leary before she fell, which helped avoid injury to other concertgoers, police said. Firefighters were also dispatched to bring her down, but they didn't reach her in time.

"This is one of those freak things that no one could prevent from happening," said Patricia Malone, director of the mayor's office of consumer affairs and licensing.

Michael McCarthy, a spokesman for the Boston police, said O'Leary was "very belligerent, unco-operative and verbally abusive toward medical staff."

"If she had hit someone (when she fell), she would have killed them," he said. "People need to be responsible for their own actions as well."

Sunday's show was the first on the Stones' new North American tour.

August 23rd, 2005 01:33 PM
keithriffhard yeah! I heard this on my local radio station when they were talking about the show tonight and the one on Sunday. Hopefully she isn't totally crippled or something. But yeah the security will be increased.
August 23rd, 2005 01:34 PM
Steel Wheels They should hand out bungee ropes for the upper level seats!
August 23rd, 2005 01:41 PM
nankerphelge "more than 50 police officers and Red Sox security personnel patrolled the ballpark during Sunday's concert"

Yeah, just a few more.

Christ there were 50 cops in my row!

That was by far the strictest security I have seen at a Stones show.

Had to take a chiba chariot just so I could get stoked before the show!
August 23rd, 2005 01:52 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Had to take a chiba chariot just so I could get stoked before the show!

Dear God....three major chiba faces exited THAT chariot!!!

We always find a way!!!!!!!!!

HeHeHe!!!!!

LJ.
August 23rd, 2005 02:01 PM
Nellcote I'm off to the races now!
Anyone who wants a report on the festivities, you know where I'll be..........

ROCK ON!
August 23rd, 2005 02:04 PM
nankerphelge Christ, trying to find a quiet alley away from it all was impossible. There were motocycle cops everywhere. I've seen Harley events with less bikes!

But then I spotted one of them chariots:

Me: "Hey man, any chance we can go for a ride and catch one?"

Dan the chariot dude: "Sorry man, no open container in Boston -- I'll get tagged"

Me: "No no, I meant this (nanky flashes a number)"

Dan the chariot dude: "Get in"

He biked us through an entire division of Boston's finest until we were clear!!

Left Dan with the remnants of the number and $50!!
Thanks Dan!!

August 23rd, 2005 02:10 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Left Dan with the remnants of the number and $50!!
Thanks Dan!!

Nank..I've got his Business CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan also got a big hug from LJ as well!!!! He deserved it!!

We are insane!!!!

LJ.
August 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
"This is one of those freak things that no one could prevent from happening,"
"very belligerent, unco-operative and verbally abusive toward medical staff."
"If she had hit someone (when she fell), she would have killed them," he said. "People need to be responsible for their own actions as well."

No more of this shit on the tour... I hope all of you have learned from this shit sticks mistakes.... LOL!
August 23rd, 2005 02:14 PM
Lazy Bones The world needs more Dan's!
August 23rd, 2005 02:22 PM
nankerphelge Damn right Lazy!

He was a really nice guy!
He understood completely!

I asked him howe much he charged for a tour and he said "tips only"

"Howe much is that" I asked

"Oh I don't know, we just ask for tips..blah blah blah"

Anyone that gets me away from the police to get ripped and then back again!
Yeah, he got a tip!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 23rd, 2005 02:28 PM
luxury1 YEs--and they make you empty the contents of your bag onto a table. Be forewarned. Wish I had been..........
August 23rd, 2005 02:29 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I'm off to the races now!
Anyone who wants a report on the festivities, you know where I'll be..........

ROCK ON!

Hey, mate have a great time! Supposed to be exotic dancers on stage tonight. Let's hope they spiff up the set list!
August 23rd, 2005 02:41 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, luxy. My bag has a secret pocket.
August 23rd, 2005 03:39 PM
luxury1 Oh, Factory Girl--you just gave me a great idea. i shall be sewing a secret pocket into my tour bag now......
August 23rd, 2005 03:41 PM
pdog Luxy,
Did they snag anything from you?
August 23rd, 2005 03:41 PM
Poplar
Claire O'Leary - a little bleary
August 23rd, 2005 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Oh, Factory Girl--you just gave me a great idea. i shall be sewing a secret pocket into my tour bag now......

I just put everything in an inside pocket in my jacket. What did they grab from you, Luxy?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)