ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: you know what the show needs.... Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 11:18 AM
Saint Sway A 3 SONG ACOUSTIC SET

oh yeah!

just a little break in the action. Its enough of a spectacle to get everyones attention and they could play some deeper cuts like Sweet Virginia, High & Dry, Torn & Frayed, Prodigal Son, Salt Of The Earth mixed in with more known acoustic #'s like Dead Flowers, Wild Horses, Street Fighting Man, Waiting On A Friend, Angie, Mothers Little Helper etc

and do COUNTRY HONK in the acoustic set and RETIRE Honkeytonk Women for awhile

this would also be a great set to throw in a cover or REWORK a classic into an acoustic version.

think of the possibilites!!

this would definately help throw us die-hards a bone as far as getting more interesting songs into the set list
August 23rd, 2005 11:20 AM
Gazza excellent idea (and the Miami PPV acoustic set in 1994 was fantastic) but the Stones' audiences have changed so much in recent years that for thousands of them that would be the automatic cue for a mass piss-break.

Sad but true
August 23rd, 2005 11:23 AM
Saint Sway but dont most of them wearing depends these days?

I think that allows them to stay.
August 23rd, 2005 11:29 AM
Jumacfly great idea !!
torn and frayed, lovin cup, shine a light would be fantastic!
August 23rd, 2005 01:12 PM
Steel Wheels How about they strip down some of their electric classics? Midnight Rambler! Start Me Up! Paint It, Black!
August 23rd, 2005 01:21 PM
sonicrock i know what the show don t need
chuck leavell
August 23rd, 2005 01:30 PM
keithriffhard exactly I like it! they should revive Till the next goodbye, an acoustic version of Crackin' Up, and then Under my thumb totally acoustic.

Chuck Leavell serves a great purpose in the Rolling Stones backing band with great keyboard parts. Trust me he is the best to fill the bill, no doubt they'd be having Stu do it but he's dead, Leavell is great and I like his tidbits on the tours and stuff. Great guy
August 23rd, 2005 01:34 PM
Steel Wheels I'll take Mick and Keith on stools, strumming through some Delta Blues.
August 23rd, 2005 01:35 PM
Jumacfly I d like to hear an accoustic version of "Winning Ugly" ...
August 23rd, 2005 02:01 PM
Saint Sway I'm gonna nominate these acoustic sets to be rotated as seen fit:

Sweet Virginia
Mothers Little Helper
Street Fighting Man

Wild Horses
Country Honk
Dead Flowers

Angie
Torn And Frayed
Country Honk

Salt Of The Earth
Dead Flowers
Street Fighting Man

Waiting On A Friend
High And Dry
Mothers Little Helper

Not Fade Away
Let It Bleed
Angie

Moonlight Mile
Meet Me In The Bottom
Beast of Burden

Play With Fire
Loving Cup
Let It Bleed

and hopefully they could work in Till The Next Goodbye, Spider & The Fly, an acoustic Last Time, Far Away Eyes, Ruby Tuesday, Paint It Black, Shine A Light, Little Baby.... AND ALL OF BEGGARS BANQUET!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
[Edited by Saint Sway]
August 23rd, 2005 04:42 PM
DiamondsDisease Yeah I can almost picture it. Mick went completely nuts thru an excellent version of Out of Control, being completely out of breath and sweaty. Then suddenly all the stage lights turn off, 2 simple spotlights come up, while they bring up 2 stools in front of the stage. Everybody is leaving the stage, exept Charlie. Suddenly Mick and Keith walking upfront taking a seat on their stools. Someone hands them their acoustics...and then.......Sweet Black Angel. Wow if that only could be happening for real.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)