ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: three french newspapers have stones front page today Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 10:27 AM
sonicrock two of them with central pictures, liberation and le parisien,
third one france soir, little pictures of mick
sorry no scanner
pictures are mick with hat probably during start me up at fenway
big title are
mick jagger flamboyant a 62 ans someting like mick flaming at 62
and the other one is tailles dans le rock means something like made of rock
articles inside about the show are very positive with a big focus on mick bashing schartzenneger or whatever his name is.
August 23rd, 2005 10:40 AM
gotdablouse Yes and "Le Parisien" completely misses the point about Shwartzie at least based on what I heard Mick say about before BOMH on rs.com - they say he left before the encore because he was upset ! They also have an interview with usual suspect Philippe Manoeuvre, editor of Rock&Folk...who don't have them on the cover of their latest issue by the way !

Bad news is that apparently Paris will only get a show at the humongous Stade de France, no Bercy this time, so I won't be bothering.
August 23rd, 2005 10:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Bad news is that apparently Paris will only get a show at the humongous Stade de France, no Bercy this time, so I won't be bothering.

No Bercy?? so no Jumy in paris in 2006...SDF is the worst place to see a show!
August 23rd, 2005 10:47 AM
Jumacfly www.liberation.fr to see the cover in Adobe PDF...
August 23rd, 2005 10:47 AM
Jumping Jack Probably pissed the Americans get the boys first?
August 23rd, 2005 10:49 AM
Jeep
August 23rd, 2005 10:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Probably pissed the Americans get the boys first?

"Liberation" always cover Stones show, they love the Stones...
stop thinking we re pissed by americans, why should we???
August 23rd, 2005 10:54 AM
caro I'm always amazed at how much Libé loves the Stones. A whole cover devoted to a band (especially when the concert takes place thousands ofmiles away) is quite unusual for a daily paper.
A funny detail noted by Libération : apparently, Boston being the Kennedy's "hometown", Mick left the Kennedy-line out of SFTD...
August 23rd, 2005 10:55 AM
caro
quote:
Probably pissed the Americans get the boys first?

You're a bit obsessive, aren't you?
August 23rd, 2005 10:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:

You're a bit obsessive, aren't you?

Hi Caro!
it s been a long time...!!
some people got strange obsessions here, you re right..
August 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
caro Hey Ju! Is everything ok in the south? Lots of mauresque and all? Yes, I'm back in time for the tour!
August 23rd, 2005 11:15 AM
egon nothing in la provence. not about the boys anyway
http://www.laprovence-presse.fr/
August 23rd, 2005 11:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:
Hey Ju! Is everything ok in the south? Lots of mauresque and all? Yes, I'm back in time for the tour!

Exactly!! I m back from Spain with the biggest bottle of casanis ever made
Nice to read you again!
August 23rd, 2005 12:28 PM
Jacques Hey Jeep
you're quite good as I knew, I prepared the Liberation pic, but you were too fast for me. Well done.
Cheers Ju and all
August 23rd, 2005 12:31 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hey Jeep
you're quite good as I knew, I prepared the Liberation pic, but you were too fast for me. Well done.
Cheers Ju and all

Hi Jacques and Hi Jeep!!!

message to Jeep: I can't post anymore on TWIs from my office...those wankers cut the access but forgotten rocks Off..
August 23rd, 2005 12:31 PM
glencar Mick always drops that Kennedy line in Boston. Maybe DC too?
August 23rd, 2005 12:59 PM
Jacques Hi Ju
bloody company you've got LOL
OR
TWIS is going even more popular than Rock Off.........in France at least.
August 23rd, 2005 01:02 PM
glencar As much as I slag you guys, that front page is pretty damned cool. I feel a "rapprochement" developing!
August 23rd, 2005 01:13 PM
gimmekeef Dropped the Kennedy line?...Thats worse than the Rocks Off edit....geez....
August 23rd, 2005 01:41 PM
dob99 There was also yesterday a full front page with a picture of Mick in "Le Journal de Montréal", Quebec's largest selling French newspaper. There was a 2 page special report. It seems that every state and province love the Stones!!
August 23rd, 2005 01:45 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hi Ju
bloody company you've got LOL
OR
TWIS is going even more popular than Rock Off.........in France at least.

2 really cool places Jacques...you know TWIS is the coolest french site, far better thar the other one

Beware of Glencar if we keep posting french Stones stuff we could be obliged to welcome him next year
August 23rd, 2005 01:49 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
As much as I slag you guys, that front page is pretty damned cool. I feel a "rapprochement" developing!

saddly they did a poor review of BB by bashing Keith's riffs....I don't know what to think about Nick Kent's articles cuz he seems to be in love with Mick and Ronnie.
Said the record got a great feeling but not very imaginative...
August 23rd, 2005 01:57 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

2 really cool places Jacques...you know TWIS is the coolest french site, far better thar the other one

Beware of Glencar if we keep posting french Stones stuff we could be obliged to welcome him next year

Only if it's the Bercy! LOL I think I'm committed to the London & Dublin shows. Possibly France though but I'd have to drop Dublin. I ahven't been to France since Dec. 1998.
August 23rd, 2005 07:33 PM
gotdablouse Yup, Libé LOVE the boys, back in 1986 they had a large color picture (rare at the time) for the DW launch and Stu concert at the Club 100. Manoeuvre had written a laudatary review of DW if memory servers. A few weeks later they had a Nick Kent paper saying the Stones were dead and gone...In 1994 for the launch in DC they also had a picture on the frontpage and a decent review, no internet at the time, another lifetime! Still have these papers by the way ;-)
August 23rd, 2005 08:05 PM
Gazza Nick Kent has been a waste of sperm and egg for about 25 years or more...all that smack he took in the 70's while pathetically trying to be another Keith obviously rotted his brain cells beyond repair....
August 24th, 2005 01:32 AM
Monkey Woman A Belgian newspaper had itsStones front page too:

Other scans of the papers can be found here:

http://www.theworldisstones.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1663
Thanks a bunch to Rockin'Daddy from TWIS!
August 24th, 2005 05:03 AM
Gazza Stones were front page news (with photos) in a few papers in the UK that I saw - The Times, The Guardian and at least one other, I think

Saw about six reviews yesterday. Every one of them glowing and most mentioned that the new album was excellent.
August 24th, 2005 05:21 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nick Kent has been a waste of sperm and egg for about 25 years or more...all that smack he took in the 70's while pathetically trying to be another Keith obviously rotted his brain cells beyond repair....

After reading his review that he conludes by saying that RFD (and LWTCat (anyone got this one handy ?)) should have been left I have to agree, that guy is brain dead !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)