ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forty Licks Starts Again Return to archive
August 23rd, 2005 05:24 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Just saw the setlist for the Boston show and it looks like the Stoneshave just picked up where they left off a couple of years back. No real jems in the setlist. Shattered isnt a great live stadium song and from what I saw on the video download Keith and Ronnie couldnt even keep in time with eachother. I thought it sounded crap. Im not going to bother going to Wembley in 06 if the setlists dont improve. I will just buy the overpriced dvd.
August 23rd, 2005 05:56 AM
egon i shall buy several tickets AND the overpriced dvd AND the the remix of whatever song they decide to... well, remix next.

And then i'll just wait until virging remasters their whole catalogue & i'll buy that as well.

And if there's any money left after that i"ll get a 2nd subscription to RS.com
August 23rd, 2005 06:33 AM
lotsajizz nattering nebov of negativism....

(Nixon, '69)
August 23rd, 2005 06:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No doubt many people will. Just feel that I need a little more variety from the stones
August 23rd, 2005 06:56 AM
corgi37 Christ in hell, its the 1st bloody show and you are writing them off. Dont go next year. No one will miss you.
August 23rd, 2005 07:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge This thread is in no way writting the band off. Just criticising them for their choice of songs. I hope they start to encorporate some better songs into their set list.
August 23rd, 2005 09:23 AM
NHStonesfan Look at it this way

If (and they have to) they play 3 or 4 new songs and then played another 4-5 songs to make us Stones fanatics happy that wouldn't leave enough for the massive ticket buying
public to chew on.

In addition Sympathy, YCAGWYW, Satidafaction and Tumblin Dice were done better(thanks to what appeared to be a rejuvenated Keith) than 2002 at Gillete and 2003 at Fleetcenter. Also Miss You and JJF were shorter this time around.
August 23rd, 2005 09:50 AM
gustavobala well, i am happy, because they donīt do the lick tour in south america!
August 23rd, 2005 10:23 AM
Jumacfly how was miss you version??
August 23rd, 2005 10:34 AM
Mel Belli I thought "Shattered" sounded pretty rockin' based on the RS.Com vid. I'm digging Keith's new Tele.
August 23rd, 2005 10:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I thought "Shattered" sounded pretty rockin' based on the RS.Com vid. I'm digging Keith's new Tele.

or Chuck low in the mix....the best news of the year!!
August 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza I remember Lotsajizz's review of the opening night in Boston 3 years ago and how he emphasized how low in the mix Leavell was that night too.

It didnt last, it seems!!
August 23rd, 2005 04:11 PM
JaggerLips Don't wanna be your slave!

August 23rd, 2005 04:16 PM
Saint Sway that set list was tame.

you get better Stones songs at a Black Crowes concert.
August 23rd, 2005 04:46 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you get better Stones songs at a Black Crowes concert.

Sad but true...and you get better Dylan songs
August 23rd, 2005 06:26 PM
Moonisup it's not forty licks, it's steel wheels part 5!
August 23rd, 2005 07:22 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's not forty licks, it's steel wheels part 5!

Every tour is more or less the same since 1989, only the Licks tour was a bit different.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)