ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: '99 No Security Tour Setlist Question Return to archive
August 22nd, 2005 05:51 PM
ziggypayne
With all the setlist griping after opening night, I was just wondering how many folks complained about the lack of these songs from the '99 US tour:

Satisfaction
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Miss You

Were they able to get away without playing Miss You and YCAGWYW back in '99? I know some folks that complained about the lack of Satisfaction, but I never heard anyone complaining about the lack of the other two.

August 22nd, 2005 06:08 PM
Dan I didn't talk to anyone outside the realm of die hard fans from some of the various lists but I went with my mom to one of the shows and she mentioned how they didnt as many hits but she also really liked Memory Motel. I stumbled across some generic concerts thread on a non related board and some guy complaining about spending $300 for a show where they skipped all their biggest hits.
August 22nd, 2005 06:12 PM
glencar I thin we're stuck hearing most of these big hits. If only they could throw on an extra couple of jewels for the diehards.
August 22nd, 2005 06:33 PM
Saint Sway the advantage of No Security Tour wasnt just what songs they omitted but the real strength was the songs that they played.

they treated us to some surprises with songs they hadnt previously played live - or played in a long time like Some Girls, Moonlight Mile, You Got The Silver, Route 66, Get Off My Cloud, Respectable. Even old war horses got new spots like JJFlash as an intro and Rambler on the b-stage.

last nights set had no real surprises or nuggets. It was just so been there, done that. So much of it is just worn out - that intro of SMU, You Got Me Rockin, Shattered, T Dice is so blah. I've seen it. No surprises there at all.

and the b-stage was an opportunity missed. Usually a great place to throw in deeper cuts like Neighbors or a blues cover but we got mega hits like Miss You, Satisfaction and HTW coated around a new song.

I get that they have to play a certain amount of the jumbo hits. But they dont have to deliver a set taken straight off of Forty Licks.

they have a huge catalog and are well versed now at playing a lot of it. Theres plenty of deeper album cuts that even the average stadium fan will be familiar with and enjoy like Sweet Virginia, If You Cant Rock Me, Let It Bleed, Monkey Man, Whip, All Down The Line, Bitch, Rocks Off, Star Star etc

not to mention an endless parade of stuff that needs dusting off like Emotional Rescue, Hot Stuff, Soul Survivor, Salt Of The Earth, Rip This Joint, Sway, Dance Little Sister, Jigsaw Puzzle, Loving Cup, Slave, Mothers Little Helper, Heart of Stone, Time Is On My Side, Torn And Frayed, Shes A Rainbow, Hang Fire, Time Waits for No One etc etc - the list is endless. Dig into it. PLEASE!!

opening night on paper looked like a big yawn. I'm sure the show was a blast. I sincerely hope they flip it up on Tuesday.
August 22nd, 2005 09:11 PM
ResidentMule I thought bringing back Shattered was kinda cool. it wouldn't heart them to lose one or two warhorses (well, we can pretty much count on that happening when they're down to one song encores). Gimme Shelter wasn't in there. swap Start Me Up, Miss You & IORR for Time Is On My Side & Under My Thumb, those were hits too ya know. and lets not pretend like Beast Of Burden is a truly forgotten song. hopefully if the album does well the Back of My Hand and ONNYA slots will have a lot of rotation with other album tracks. and maybe Rough Justice will alternate with 'that other single'. Out of Control & YGMR won't last long

its nice to see some of these back hopefully they'll be taking it a bit easier on the warhorses for the arena shows
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)