ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Nicole!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
Thanks Nicole!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Real picture? Return to archive
August 22nd, 2005 02:50 PM
Mathijs Is this a real picture?

Did they really open for a half-full stadium? How much did the people at the back pay for a view on an open field? Why on earth did they choose the Fenway??

Mathijs
August 22nd, 2005 02:52 PM
Nellcote Mathis, see the Fenway thread, the SS post on the difference between baseball stadiums @ football stadiums.
All the ballpark shows in the US will be exactly the same as this.
August 22nd, 2005 03:32 PM
Saint Sway that looks rah-tar-ded
August 22nd, 2005 03:40 PM
glencar It's hard to tell what's more despicable - that photo or mathjis.
August 22nd, 2005 04:14 PM
gotdablouse Tough call indeed !
The question I guess is why the field is empty ?
August 22nd, 2005 04:16 PM
Poplar
man, that picture is a bummer. i guess my SBC tix SUCK
August 22nd, 2005 04:35 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Is this a real picture?

Did they really open for a half-full stadium? How much did the people at the back pay for a view on an open field? Why on earth did they choose the Fenway??

Mathijs

see another thread

the answer is clear that SS gave, but I still it's strange
August 22nd, 2005 04:40 PM
Saint Sway one can only assume that the infield section was exclusively reserved for members of The Horn Sections Fan Club.
August 22nd, 2005 04:41 PM
gotdablouse someone who knows might as well type it here ;-)
Lots of prime real estate wasted if you ask me, WTF could be the reason for that ?
August 22nd, 2005 04:43 PM
Bartman I think it's always like that in bassball stadiums
August 22nd, 2005 05:10 PM
Moonisup http://stones.web-log.nl/
August 22nd, 2005 05:13 PM
Angiegirl See this post and the ones after that:
http://novogate.com/board/968/214742-8.html#3122901

August 22nd, 2005 05:16 PM
pdog Fenway didn't want the infield hatrmed in any way. so no fans on that part of the park.
It was and will be different in SF. They use the entire field. In the past the b-stage in SF went all the way out to around 2nd base.
August 22nd, 2005 05:18 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
See this post and the ones after that:
http://novogate.com/board/968/214742-8.html#3122901

ahh mathijs copied it from dirtywork, but I already mentioned it here
but it deserves a thread on his own!!! Forgot to do that
[Edited by Moonisup]
August 22nd, 2005 05:28 PM
Mathijs Yep, I indeed got it form Dirty Work.

I didn't fully understand the difference between ballparks and multi-purpose stadiums. I understand you wouldn't want 15.000 men on your hand-schissor-cut grass lawn! But then, maybe it just isn't such a good idea to have a Stones show in Fenway, especially when it's the opener. Btw, in Europe the grass is protected by wooden boards, and this works allright. In some stadiums, like the Amsterdam Arena, the Stones are obliged to pay for a new grass lawn.

Mathijs
August 22nd, 2005 05:30 PM
Moonisup it really looks weird! I don't think the stones like the view
August 22nd, 2005 05:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fenway didn't want the infield hatrmed in any way. so no fans on that part of the park.
It was and will be different in SF. They use the entire field. In the past the b-stage in SF went all the way out to around 2nd base.

wouldnt the baseball season be over by the time they play there, though??

so they'd allow the entire field to be used? I was at Edison Field in November 2002 and they didnt stop fans being seated on the infield
August 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
But then, maybe it just isn't such a good idea to have a Stones show in Fenway, especially when it's the opener. Btw, in Europe the grass is protected by wooden boards, and this works allright. In some stadiums, like the Amsterdam Arena, the Stones are obliged to pay for a new grass lawn.

Exactly what I thought as well. Why have the Stones there then? And why not put a hard board elevated floor over it. Maybe too expensive. Oh well. It does look weird to me in that picture.
August 22nd, 2005 07:30 PM
Soldatti What a joke, the stadium looks like the concert of the Beatles on the Shea Stadium!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)